Halifax Pet Insurance

Clamped2011
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The important thing is that you have written. Unfortunately - a huge number of people who have been affected, will not even write.

You need to start gathering as much evidence as you can relating to the way the policy was sold - the claims which were made for it - etc.

You must have all your evidence collected and organised before you actually launch the claim.

I've just found out that the proposed increase in the small claims limit is definitely going ahead. The limit's increasing to £10,000, presumably in April.

Here is the document confirming it: - http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/consultations/solving-disputes-in-cc-response.pdf

As my case is going to be for well over £5,000 and I can't afford to risk having to pay Halifax's legal fees if I lose, I'm going to postpone my case until the new limit comes into effect. In the meantime I'll continue collecting evidence.

Well spotted, thank you.

yes, definitely worth waiting. We can help you prepare a really solid case. we might even right a brusque letter to the Halifax and explain why we are delaying the issue of the proceedings in order to take advantage of the increased small claim s limits.

Can we confirm the April date, please ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Date hasn't been published yet - so far as I know

It would also be interesting to know if it applies only to new claims, or to unallocated claims - or whether one apply for reallocation

Date hasn't been published yet - so far as I know

It would also be interesting to know if it applies only to new claims, or to unallocated claims - or whether one apply for reallocation

I was going to refer to it in the Newsletter.. so a date would be good :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This morning I received a reply from Agria. As expected, they said the problem was caused by Halifax withdrawing from the pet insurance market and not allowing Agria to continue offering policies to their customers.

They also informed me that they had forwarded my letter to BDML to deal with but that they have a new complaints procedure for this issue whereby any complaints not resolved by BDML will be referred to Halifax.

As expected - as you say. All useful additions to the file.

has any one responded to your appeal for evidence?

Ok, Sarah, I am going to move your posts into a thread of their own.. I will private message the link to you in a few moments.

BCOBS

BCOBS

Today I received a reply from BDML and Trading Standards.

The letter from Trading Standards just said I should contact Consumer Direct as TS can't help with individual complaints. Considering that I'd made it very clear in my letter that I didn't expect them to help me personally and that I was contacting them as this is a nationwide problem, I can only conclude that they just don't care.

BDML just sent me a holding letter saying they'd investigate and didn't give a timeframe. They're still investigating another, unrelated, complaint that I made in November, so I'll be very surprised if I get a final response before the new small claims limit comes into effect in April.

This morning I received a reply from Agria. As expected, they said the problem was caused by Halifax withdrawing from the pet insurance market and not allowing Agria to continue offering policies to their customers.

They also informed me that they had forwarded my letter to BDML to deal with but that they have a new complaints procedure for this issue whereby any complaints not resolved by BDML will be referred to Halifax.

Was the reply from agria a written reply? would be interested to have a copy to read this out to the lady from the Halifax that blammed Agria, saying they would not take on these current policies.

x

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?342338-Halifax-have-offered-a-measly-£1-000-refused

trishsid has her own thread now, linked above, if anyone would like to help. trishsid, I have sent you a messge with this link as well :)

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Today I received a final response from BDML regarding my complaint. Their letter quoted Agria's letter almost word for word and said there was nothing they could do as Halifax had withdrawn permission for BDML to issue insurance in their name. However, the author then contradicted herself and said that if I was unhappy with Agria's decision to cease cover, I should write to Agria!

I've also had a response from the FSA. They've taken more interest than I expected and have asked me to make another complaint to them, this time addressed to the team who investigate breaches of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations.

Two of my other cats are also insured with Halifax and I got their cancellation letters last week. In the letters it said that I should call BDML if I wanted to take out the replacement policy and that if I did nothing, my policies would end in April. A couple of days later I was very surprised to receive a letter from Premium Credit informing me that they had set up a direct debit for my new policy and asking me to sign a credit agreement. I complained to them that they shouldn't be taking any money from me given that a) I'd not asked for the policy, and b) I'd not signed the credit agreement. They replied saying that they didn't need a signed agreement to be able to take the money and that they'd received my bank details from BDML, who'd asked them to set up the new policy.

I find it interesting that I received a letter from Premium Credit regarding only one of my cats - the one who's never had any claims. The 2 cats who've had claims didn't get a new, unwanted policy set up for them. Knowing what BDML are like, I'm wondering whether they did this deliberately. I would be very interested to hear whether anyone else has had a Petwise policy set up fo them without their permission and if so, whether the pet has had any claims on their Halifax policy.

• 2 weeks later...