"THIS is why we're striking!"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I might have seen it through, but the language is appalling.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

He's very excitable, isn't here. Loved the opening comment saying he was going to try not to swear - FAIL!

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07

I have no time for these people who are striking when many others do not even have employment. My pension was changed to a stakeholders pension thanks to Mr Brown. Why can't theri be changed to a stakeholders pension. Why should I fund their pension pot when my pension payments depend pn the stock market? No sympathy from me whatsoever.

I have no time for these people who are striking when many others do not even have employment. My pension was changed to a stakeholders pension thanks to Mr Brown. Why can't theri be changed to a stakeholders pension. Why should I fund their pension pot when my pension payments depend pn the stock market? No sympathy from me whatsoever.

You should be complaining about government policy, not people striking for their rights.

Surfer01 has a point. Public sector pensions are funded by the rest of us, and I've read that a significant percentage of our community charge goes on pension contributions for local authority and police pensions. For reasons to do with mortality and investment conditions, this cost can only go up, as I see it.

The majority of people in private sector pension schemes have already been through the pain and lost their final salary schemes, being moved to the type of scheme Surfer mentions and dependent on investment returns to provide a pension, with very few guarantees. They would say that unfortunately, life has changed and they have already had to change with it.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Surfer01 has a point. Public sector pensions are funded by the rest of us, and I've read that a significant percentage of our community charge goes on pension contributions for local authority and police pensions. For reasons to do with mortality and investment conditions, this cost can only go up, as I see it.

The majority of people in private sector pension schemes have already been through the pain and lost their final salary schemes, being moved to the type of scheme Surfer mentions and dependent on investment returns to provide a pension, with very few guarantees. They would say that unfortunately, life has changed and they have already had to change with it.

My best, HB

If all the MPs and the Lords took a cut in their pensions I might have some sympathy.

You should be complaining about government policy, not people striking for their rights.

Why should I complain about a government that is doing the right thing for the good of all the people as the government realises that the taxpayer cannot continue to fund a bottomless pot! Most public sector workers earn better money than those in the private sector doing exactly the same job?

Our pensions are being messed with but us nurses would never strike, there would be outcry! lucky those of you who have such a flexible lifestyle as to be able to strike whenever u feel like with zero regard for us hard working nurses who struggle enough as it is to juggle shift work with family life witbout having to now find arrangrments to accomodate your strikes

Our pensions are being messed with but us nurses would never strike, there would be outcry! lucky those of you who have such a flexible lifestyle as to be able to strike whenever u feel like with zero regard for us hard working nurses who struggle enough as it is to juggle shift work with family life without having to now find arrangements to accommodate your strikes

Excellent post!

Our pensions are being messed with but us nurses would never strike, there would be outcry! lucky those of you who have such a flexible lifestyle as to be able to strike whenever u feel like with zero regard for us hard working nurses who struggle enough as it is to juggle shift work with family life witbout having to now find arrangrments to accomodate your strikes

Exactly.

It won't get better if you picket.

They're striking on most peoples behalf, nurses, fire fighters, police, soldiers. All the people that have to suffer in silence.

Totally respect the sentiment of katsayce, thank you for doing what you do....

I know a 'train friend', someone who always sits next to you and ****es you off every morning!

He works for HMRC.... is paid well (less qualified than me in the private sector with a 10k diff in salary), has a 22% pension contribution. Has been offered a payoff from march 2012 if he leaves, which is equivelent to 9 month pay - he has worked there for 4 years!!! Nice to see our tax £'s put to good use.

I have no time for the strikers. Us in private have had our pensions raped by previous government, static or minimal ie less than 1.8% salary increase since 2008, with RPI at 5.8% this year.

I dont have 6 months sick leave. We have shred workers, increased our workload 30% - 50% for what ???

My season ticket is rising by 6.8%..... Petrol...... Council Tax......Energy.....Insurance.....Food.......all going up....

So, to those that work in medical / police / teaching / armed forces - hats of to you....you are priceless in what you do for this country.

All the other public sector workers, i have little sympathy. The WHOLE country is suffering.....some have suffered more....some will suffer more....

Times are hard, EVERYONE needs to shoulder some of it, not just the private sector..... oh, and if you have any sensible solutions, im sure the government will listen.

S

Arguments on both sides, but the clincher for me was when I saw an illustration the other day for a married couple, same age, same lengths of employment and both pay an almost identical amount in pension contributions. One is public sector, and the other private sector and despite all of the similarities of their circumstances, one is predicted a pension of just over £3000 per year at retirement, and the other around £25000 per year.

I would certainly be extremely unhappy if I was told that I wouldn't earn as much from a pension in later life as I had previously been told (oh - hang on, I was told that - twice!), but equally the system simply cannot support such a massive difference in the value of pensions subsidised by the taxpayer. The private sector have had their pension schemes fiddled about with by successive governments whist the public sector have largely been unaffected. The cost has to be spread more equally.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!