Blue Screen happened 6 to 10 weeks after bought

king100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Evening

Posting this for a friend of mine, who i have been trying to sort out the laptop for her.

She advised PC World concerning this issue with the blue screen straight after it started. They have tried to repair the issue and replaced the hard drive and mouse pad.

Having done some diagnostics with the laptop, the issue seems to be the RAM, I called up PC and they advised me that it was out of warranty, ok but issue was whilst it was in warranty and hasn't been rectified. They then said that she could pay £50 to have it fixed and if found to be faulty hardware they would refund the money.

My issue is that this has been happening right from the start, and surely the sale of goods act "not fit for purpose" comes into this. All she wants it for it to be repaired, the advisor on the phone stated that sale of goods act unfit for purpose only applies to the 1st 6 months. Yeah well done, thats when the 1st problem arose and you still havent been able to sort it out.

Suggestions on what to do to take this further?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Sorry after a bit of reading

Six months...and counting

If your claim is about a problem that arises within six months of buying the product, it's up to the retailer to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, or 'as described' when it sold them e.g. by showing that the problem was caused by an external factor such as accidental damage. Beyond six months, it's up to you to prove that the problem was there when you received the goods even if it has taken until now to come to light. Well that would be the frequent calls to pcworld and that they replaced the HD and mouse pad. Even before the 6 months were up.

So you may need to prove that the fault was not down to ordinary wear and tear or damage you caused, and that the product (or a component) should have lasted longer than it did. To do this you may need an expert's report, for example from an engineer or mechanic.

If the blue screen has kept happening within 10 weeks of purchases and they have tried to fix it the surely this is not wear and tear and is an underlying issue in production.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

i fail to see why they have not diagnosed this.

if there is more than one ram chip

try removing one or the other

this however does not resolve them from the SOGA issue.

all you have to do is get an independent eng to varify it IS the ram chip.

then you should be laughing

they will have to replace the RAM

and refund you eng rpt costs.

DONT let them give you garbage about SOGA or warranty!

warranty DOES NOT come into it at All

Warranty is IN ADITION to your satutory rights under soga.

sadly they are renound for giving this 'brush-off'

just watch watchdog from a week or two back

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Good Evening

Posting this for a friend of mine, who i have been trying to sort out the laptop for her.

She advised PC World concerning this issue with the blue screen straight after it started. They have tried to repair the issue and replaced the hard drive and mouse pad.

Having done some diagnostics with the laptop, the issue seems to be the RAM, I called up PC and they advised me that it was out of warranty, ok but issue was whilst it was in warranty and hasn't been rectified. They then said that she could pay £50 to have it fixed and if found to be faulty hardware they would refund the money.

My issue is that this has been happening right from the start, and surely the sale of goods act "not fit for purpose" comes into this. All she wants it for it to be repaired, the advisor on the phone stated that sale of goods act unfit for purpose only applies to the 1st 6 months. Yeah well done, thats when the 1st problem arose and you still havent been able to sort it out.

Suggestions on what to do to take this further?

So, you've googled the "error report" and it comes back as a memory issue. In your place, I'd email PC world, advise them that they can either fix this issue OR you will get an engineers report and they will then have to fix the issue AND refund the cost of the engineer report. (The fix is probably a £20 memory stick, the engineers report over £50.) It's so much cheaper for them to just blooming fix this, hopefully they'll see sense.

If you can print this and take it with you, it's easy enough for even PC world staff to understand ;)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

faster than an independant report (and cheaper)

search memtest 86, this is a free downloadable program

also download image burn

when memtest has downloaded double click it and image burn should load, click burn and it will create a cd

reboot with the cd in the drive and tap f12 (not on acers or some advents)

it should load a blue program

let it run for about 2 hours, dont let it run till it finishes as it will loop

if it loads any red lines these are memory errors, take a photo and send to pcworld

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: