Issues with Michelin tyres fitted at Kwikfit

valdee_uk1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have bought Michelin tyres front set from Kwikfit. I chose decent brand and AAA class.
Went to local kwikfit to have them installed, they put my car on jig... and then told me they dont have those tyres in stock.
So, I was forced to buy more expensive grade Michelin tyres.

Short story, went to Poland to visit my ill Dad, Europ trip, motorways only, and if you ever travelled through Germany, their motorways are immaculate.
Checked my tyres as few times they failed to grip the road and i blamed it on temperature (32C, road surface pobably in 60sC) .
I have noticed chip marks on the tyre shoulder. Pieces of shoulder thread missing, holes, damages.

Went to kwikfit with complain as only done 6000 on my new tyres. They refused any responsibility, told my to contact Michelin.
Said i damaged them on curbs - truth is, my home is on RHS, so the RHS tyre would be damaged but not BOTH!!

Also, i had Pirelli tyres previously for 4 years, and had no issues - I always chose top shelf, as lasting longer and safety comes first!

Offered to send my tyres to Michelin but, i would have to buy new tyres from them or put the car on Y stands for a month or more...

Seriously so fed up with the whole situation...

KW's problem. 

not Michelins.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

1 hour ago, Ethel Street said:

How long ago did Kwikfit fit these tyres?

Just a year ago. But the mileage was 40k when fitted, its 46k now... and they are seriously worn out on shoulders. Refused my complaint, quoted CRA 2015, they are not bothered.
Company policy... no no no no ...

12mts ago and 6k miles so down to you to pay for a report that concludes the tyres are faulty. then claim again KW

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sent a message to Michelin and they advised me to use another tyre dealer and lay a claim with Michelin.
They may partially compensate me to get new tyres or issue new tyres to me.
Kwikfit is absolute oh deary me!. There was a really good manager for last 10 years, and I had good discount on 2 or 4 tyres, but the new one "owns" it, so to say.... Company man. 
They just lost a customer 😛 And i will spread the word too...