Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for the responses guys! luckily, im done with ingeus in a few months. just have to tough it out for a little while longer.

@joeski, how is your mate doing? i know you've said in prevous posts that he has anxiety issues so is he coping with ingeus okay?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the whole work programme is a waste of time and ingeus staff today are an insult to the person who started the company many years ago, ingeus was set up by a woman in australia to help people find work.

I am not sure whether Teresa Reine is of a different ilk to the UK's own beloved Emma Harrison of A4E or serial business failure Molly Prince notorious through Close Protection UK, and the Jubilee Stewards scandal of 2012.

http://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/2013/08/04/kevin-rudd-therese-rein-and-their-company-ingeus-ltd-the-obeids-of-the-federal-government/

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

hi john, he's doing ok but it finds it hard to cope with having to go ingeus on a regular basis and the attitude of the staff there doesn't help matters. we both suffer from anxiety but mine is only mild, his is quite seveire and he worrys about everything. is there anything you can do to make your ingeus advisor see you less often?

hi john, he's doing ok but it finds it hard to cope with having to go ingeus on a regular basis and the attitude of the staff there doesn't help matters. we both suffer from anxiety but mine is only mild, his is quite seveire and he worrys about everything. is there anything you can do to make your ingeus advisor see you less often?

My advice would be to make a formal request (not a complaint) for another advisor. Just say incompatible personalities and you think you would be better served by a different advisor. They may ask for the reason verbally so that could choose the best alternative. I just said I would prefer an older advisor.

Apparently, these requests are quite common and do not confer any disadvantages.

my friends advisor who usually see's him every week, we both attend ingeus and tbh we find them more of a hinderance than a help.

is it normal for your advisor to forget to call you back?

Yeah

It happened to me as regular as clockwork and if I phones they always claimed they were going to phone

Yeah

It happened to me as regular as clockwork and if I phones they always claimed they were going to phone

of course they were going to call you back, they must think we have all just stepped of a banana boat or something xD

Had a letter from my WP lot inviting me to re-engage with them. Rang them and they said they could not close my file as they had no employer details. I told them they knew I was back working in the NHS and that was all the info they needed. They said they would close my file.

Cheeky lot arent they, I got work myself with no help from them.

Had a letter from my WP lot inviting me to re-engage with them. Rang them and they said they could not close my file as they had no employer details. I told them they knew I was back working in the NHS and that was all the info they needed. They said they would close my file.

Cheeky lot arent they, I got work myself with no help from them.

Pleased to learn that you are working.... what you can do is invoke your rights under the Data Protection Act, write to them, and insist that, under the Data Protection Act, they purge their systems of all electronic and paper based documentation related to your case... and then about 1 week later send a complaint to the Information Commissioner that the Work Programme Provider are still maintaining records despite your insistence that they remove all records.

Pleased to learn that you are working.... what you can do is invoke your rights under the Data Protection Act, write to them, and insist that, under the Data Protection Act, they purge their systems of all electronic and paper based documentation related to your case... and then about 1 week later send a complaint to the Information Commissioner that the Work Programme Provider are still maintaining records despite your insistence that they remove all records.

That won't work. They will justify their holding on to your info by saying that it's a requirement of the European Social Fund. From memory this requires them to keep your records for an inordinate time (7 years I think).

That won't work. They will justify their holding on to your info by saying that it's a requirement of the European Social Fund. From memory this requires them to keep your records for an inordinate time (7 years I think).

I am sorry that you have been misinformed....and that you are reporting the misinformation. It is sufficient that a candidate invokes their rights under the Data Protection Act to require any organisation to purge their systems of electronic and paper based systems, and if they fail to comply, for the Information Commissioner to address the issue.

I am sorry that you have been misinformed....and that you are reporting the misinformation. It is sufficient that a candidate invokes their rights under the Data Protection Act to require any organisation to purge their systems of electronic and paper based systems, and if they fail to comply, for the Information Commissioner to address the issue.

I beg to disagree - try it and see what happens.

I'm not that bothered, they pretty much did nothing, one mock interview (which wasn't too bad) and a couple of attempts at re-writing my CV.

At the end of the day I discovered a system I learned 8 years ago and hadn't used since was the one which could get me a well paid position - one I am hoping will become permanent. I will know in a couple of weeks (might know tomorrow) what is happening after Xmas.

Please see: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-programme-memo-029.pdf

Then have a look at: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/pg-chapter-11.pdf

Work Programme providers are the data processors whilst the DWP remains the data controller - What this means is the DWP takes on responsibility for data retention and it is their policies that apply. If you don't want the WP provider to know something, don't tell the DWP. Any consent revocation has to be addressed to the DWP, but you may well find statutory requirements override any opinions held about DPA requirements.

If you are unfortunate to be on an ESF funded programme, then some data has to be retained until at least Dec. 31st 2022.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

when my friend signed on at ingeus yesterday he said he had to fill out this form with a few questions on it, one of the questions was do you have a UJM account and he circled no as he hasn't got one and the question below that was whats your email address. he got told that you have to register as it is all going online from next year.

UJM has only ever been accessible "online"... If the WP "adviser" meant to suggest that all job search activity had to be logged through UJM from next year, I'd say B*****s. IF job search activity has to be recorded via UJM, it is up to the DWP to make the announcement AND provide alternatives for those that do not have or can not use a computer/internet.

footnote: I had to fill out a benefit claim form recently. In the spaces requiring phone/email details, I entered "n/a" which was accepted without comment.

UJM has only ever been accessible "online"... If the WP "adviser" meant to suggest that all job search activity had to be logged through UJM from next year, I'd say B*****s. IF job search activity has to be recorded via UJM, it is up to the DWP to make the announcement AND provide alternatives for those that do not have or can not use a computer/internet.

footnote: I had to fill out a benefit claim form recently. In the spaces requiring phone/email details, I entered "n/a" which was accepted without comment.

my friend put his email address down on the form, will they set him up a UJM account with tat email address?

will they set him up a UJM account with that email address?

If they do without his knowledge or consent, they would be in serious trouble with, amongst others, the ICO and DWP.

I would be more than willing to come over and re-educate them on matters ranging from personal privacy through to first aid in the workplace.

Got a letter through from Ingeus today asking me to come to a "candidate workshop". I was never told about it, I've never heard of it and I have no idea what it even is.

It didn't contain the MAN language required to mandate me, so I swiftly phoned up and said I couldn't go. My reason was because I'm at a Prince's Trust appointment, which is true.

At least the PT actually care about finding you employment and supporting you and not their cash bonuses.

It didn't contain the MAN language required to mandate me, so I swiftly phoned up and said I couldn't go. My reason was because I'm at a Prince's Trust appointment, which is true.

I used to do some (free) one day courses with the local university - A4e would schedule appointments that conflicted with these courses despite my telling them that I was unavailable. My response was "once again demonstrating gross corporate incompetence, you will reschedule for a more convenient time and date". Never, ever gave a reason - No point in letting Emma's little harpies claiming credit for the courses.

with a JSA 28 form can you put down you'll be ill between two dates and it means you don't have to take part in the WP as long as it under 2 weeks? my friends anxiety is playing and i suggested he take a few weeks off to clear his head. so if he filled out the form and put the first date as the 2nd december and the second in 2 weeks time then sent it off to the jobcentre what would happen?

with a JSA 28 form can you put down you'll be ill between two dates and it means you don't have to take part in the WP as long as it under 2 weeks? my friends anxiety is playing and i suggested he take a few weeks off to clear his head. so if he filled out the form and put the first date as the 2nd december and the second in 2 weeks time then sent it off to the jobcentre what would happen?

One thing is that they may delay the payment cos even when you return the form in time they claim to need time to process it

Sounded like a lie when they told me this

One thing is that they may delay the payment cos even when you return the form in time they claim to need time to process it

Sounded like a lie when they told me this

Yes, they need time to process it - why should that be surprising or suspicious?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.