Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well the form will probably take a few days to get there in the post depending on the stamp and then another few to be processed so its sounds about right to me, i guess the way to speed to process up abit would be to give it to the jobcentre in person.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, they need time to process it - why should that be surprising or suspicious?

They said they must delay payment due to submitting the form and the form was there well before they needed to okay the next payment

There was a delay to punish and to penalise for submitting the form was the way they made it sound which was surprising

Sounded a bit like a lie as there was nothing to support this on the form or otherwise

They said they must delay payment due to submitting the form and the form was there well before they needed to okay the next payment

There was a delay to punish and to penalise for submitting the form was the way they made it sound which was surprising

Sounded a bit like a lie as there was nothing to support this on the form or otherwise

JSA payments are normally triggered by the signing on adviser entering a particular dialogue in the JSAPS system and pressing a button to confirm that you attended and that your jobsearch evidence was satisfactory. If you submit a JSA28 form, the payment needs to be issued a different way, probably via the BDC instead of the local office.

Apply some critical thinking - it makes no difference to a JSA processor if your payment is a few days late. They gain nothing from withholding money. In fact, they'd rather pay you than not pay you, because people who don't get their money tend to call up and complain, which is hassle for the processor. Happy claimants make for an easier day at work.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

anyway i thought a JSA 28 was not about payments, i thought it was a form you filled out to say your unwell regardless of whether your due a payment or not.

Yes, it's a declaration that you're temporarily unable to do jobseeking activity. It is related to payments, though, because it allows the processors to issue money even although you didn't show up to sign. Of course, this only applies if a payment falls due during the period of sickness.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

But they said the payment is always delayed as part if the process

Didn't help that the woman didn't ok my evidence purely out of ignorance for my denying the jobcentre access to UJM

It's so tempting to close that as it's more of a pain then a help

But they said the payment is always delayed as part if the process

Didn't help that the woman didn't ok my evidence purely out of ignorance for my denying the jobcentre access to UJM

It's so tempting to close that as it's more of a pain then a help

Well, those are two separate issues. With regard to the delayed payment, I wouldn't say it's "part of the process" in the sense that it's not intentionally designed that way. It's just that 9 times out of 10 submitting a JSA28 will result in a delayed payment.

If your adviser won't OK your evidence because you refused to allow them UJM access, that is grounds for complaint. You are not required to grant the JC access to your UJM account, and so you are probably correct that it was ignorance on the part of the adviser. But don't close your account as you can be directed to have one and be sanctioned if you refuse.

is it true you can only use a JSA 28 twice in a year?

Yes, it's true. If you are sick more often, you would need to claim ESA.

Yes, it's true. If you are sick more often, you would need to claim ESA.

thats fair enough. my friend has got an appointment with his advisor at ingeus tomorrow, he is finding it all very stressful right now with his anxiety and that. what would happen if he sent a JSA 28 to the jobcentre dated from wednesday 4th to wednesday 18th?

thats fair enough. my friend has got an appointment with his advisor at ingeus tomorrow, he is finding it all very stressful right now with his anxiety and that. what would happen if he sent a JSA 28 to the jobcentre dated from wednesday 4th to wednesday 18th?

He should inform the Jobcentre (he'll need to do that anyhow to submit a JSA28) and also contact his Ingeus adviser to explain and ask for a new appointment. If Ingeus sends a sanction referral then he should point out in his response that the period is covered by a JSA28 form.

His payment may or may not be late but there should be no question of any sanction.

He should inform the Jobcentre (he'll need to do that anyhow to submit a JSA28) and also contact his Ingeus adviser to explain and ask for a new appointment. If Ingeus sends a sanction referral then he should point out in his response that the period is covered by a JSA28 form.

His payment may or may not be late but there should be no question of any sanction.

thanks i will explain to him, i have got some JSA 28s in my folder that i printed off. are forms printed off from the internet ok to send to the jobcentre?

thanks i will explain to him, i have got some JSA 28s in my folder that i printed off. are forms printed off from the internet ok to send to the jobcentre?

Should be OK to send printouts from the internet as long as they are signed.

Should be OK to send printouts from the internet as long as they are signed.

thanks you, he really isn't coping well with having to go ingeus all the time. he is fine with job searching its just ingeus that is causing the problems.

thanks you, he really isn't coping well with having to go ingeus all the time. he is fine with job searching its just ingeus that is causing the problems.

A familiar story, sadly. Best of luck to him.

I Have to see my ingeus advisor a week on tuesday, last time i went he asked me to bring in the numers of jobs etc i have applied for,

He doesn't want employee's names etc...but the amount of jobs ive applied for this i last saw him...

Dont see the point really...............Have to show him the numbers of spec letters and cv's i have sent out too double yawn....

Put in as polite request to change your Advisor. One idea is to quote incompatibility of personalities therefore not apportioning blame, or apportioning blame in equal quantities. Request can got though Head Office & Comments form by Email (different WP group though). State that you think (or feel) that you might benefit from a different Advisor.

All standard conflict resolution so no problems would be anticipated.

However, It does appear that the demands are less onerous than my WP Advisor, so you may actually get worse. I was asked for evidence of jobs applied for. I only complied with two request instead of ten. Rules are not meant to be adhered to rigidly in any work place. Then it would be "Work to Rule" and the whole system would grind to a halt.

It could be argued by adhering to the rules rigidly that the WP are not focusing on the bottom line (getting people into work) and are making too much paperwork for themselves and causing mistakes. This is called teething problems.

It could be argued by adhering to the rules rigidly that the WP are not focusing on the bottom line (getting people into work) and are making too much paperwork for themselves and causing mistakes. This is called teething problems.

If Ingeus had only been operating in their first few weeks then 'teething problems' might be a suitable description. However, as they've now been doing this for some years (I've done my 2 years with them) and should by now have some sort of decent organisational procedures in place, I think 'gross incompetence' is a far more appropriate term to use. 'Gross negligence' would also be very fitting too.

And this is partly why I got signed off and switched to ESA. JCP were for the most part fine. (problems with the odd adviser; but most I dealt with were fine) From what was said to me at JCP regarding my issues with WP, they were rather ****ed off.

If Ingeus had only been operating in their first few weeks then 'teething problems' might be a suitable description. However, as they've now been doing this for some years (I've done my 2 years with them) and should by now have some sort of decent organisational procedures in place, I think 'gross incompetence' is a far more appropriate term to use. 'Gross negligence' would also be very fitting too.

I think it goes a bit deeper than that. Employers have got something to answer to as well. They expect workers to walk straight into jobs. Street-wise say younger workers need some apprenticeship. That goes for advisers as well, because they do not have qualifications and mostly they do have aptitudes as well. Price-Waterhouse said the recruitment groups were doing it on the cheap and finances do not add up.

There seems to be a forum consensus on the poor quality of advisors, but this is only by the literate types. There are plenty of illiterate types signing up to WP. That might be their bread and butter clients.

The forum might be moan forum, but it might not be representative. I don't think it is ??? (arguable). I am too old to care any more.

And this is partly why I got signed off and switched to ESA. JCP were for the most part fine. (problems with the odd adviser; but most I dealt with were fine) From what was said to me at JCP regarding my issues with WP, they were rather ****ed off.

ESA allows permitted work which what I was able to do (not enough) on IB. I am going to see about signing back on to ESA so I can go back to work part-time. Ten minutes to see my new Doctor.

Fed up with Universal Jobsnatch? Why not automate your activity and meet all those X actions per week requirements with a couple of mouse clicks?

see

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/dec/07/jobseekers-site-spammed-with-cvs-by-activists?CMP=twt_gu

and whilst you're there have a look at this coruscating critique of Iain Dunked In****e.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/07/iain-duncan-smith-waste-poverty