Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Kind of a follow on question to Mikey121, am I obliged to tell Ingeus the details of my employer if I get a job. Obviously it goes without saying the Jobcentre would be told that I'm stopping my claim due to change in circumstances.

Can I just tell Ingeus that? What about if I say I've won the lottery and am no longer eligible?

You don't have to tell them your new employer details.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my friend was supose to have an appointment with his advisor at ingeus today but isn't well so he called them and they said they'll get his advisor to call him, he is now worried and asked me if he'll be sanctioned?

If you're claiming JSA you're supposed to fill in a JSA28 form from the Jobcentre to declare that you're ill. Not doing so could lead to a sanction. But with this form you can have 14 days sick where you don't need to go to the Jobcentre or the Work Programme and don't need to job search either. You can do this twice each year. To cover himself he should get a JSA28 and have the full 14 days off or he'll just be wasting it. You could get it for him and take it in or they will send him one if he phones them.

• Haha 1

That's what they used to do with me

I never used the form either

I dunno why people say to do that tbh

I was never sanctioned for being ill

Pure luck Chester6. You only have to read the horror stories on forums like this to know that DWP will take any chance to sanction you. Why take the risk when there's a perfectly good, official way out.

Edited by honeybee13
Pejorative word

Pure luck Chester6. You only have to read the horror stories on forums like this to know that DWP will take any chance to sanction you. Why take the risk when there's a perfectly good, official way out.

so that means my friend could get sanctioned even though he phoned to say he's not well? also his advisor never called him even though the receptionist said he would get them to call him :/

also what form has to be filled out? my friend didn't know he was going to wake up ill on the day of an ingeus appointment.

Edited by honeybee13

so that means my friend could get sanctioned even though he phoned to say he's not well? also his advisor never called him even though the receptionist said he would get them to call him :/

also what form has to be filled out? my friend didn't know he was going to wake up ill on the day of an ingeus appointment.

This is often what happens...they say they'll call but don't. Next thing you know you've been sanctioned for missing an appointment. The form is the JSA28...read my previous post.

This is often what happens...they say they'll call but don't. Next thing you know you've been sanctioned for missing an appointment. The form is the JSA28...read my previous post.

i've told him and he said he'll go down on monday to get one, will his money still on in on tuesday as he signed on thursday?

would monday be too late to fill in the form?

Edited by joeski

I think it is best to get in if you can. It is the easiest option.

so true, me and friend suffer from anxiety so we constantly worry about everything :/

so will my friends money go in as normal on tuesday? sorry to go on but he's in a state of panic about it right now.

Edited by joeski

It won't, no. When he signs on, his attendance is verified.

he signed on as normal on thursday though and his advisors appointment was today, he called ingeus to say he was unwell this morning as his advisor appointment was supose to be this afternoon. he has only missed an appointment with his advisor today and he is worried that although he signed on as normal yesterday it'll effect his money. sorry for the confusion.

Edited by joeski

so you have to fill out a JSA 28 just because you were sick on the day you had an appointment with your ingeus advisor? my friend informs them he was unwell and his advisor never got back to him. it was friday 15th November he was supose to see the advisor and he signed on as normal the day before, as he signed on the day before does this mean he'll still get his money on tuesday despite been sick and phoning ingeus to say he won't be able to attend the appointment with his advisor?

If it was a mandatory appointment, it would be wise to submit a JSA28 - See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?401715-Work-Programme-and-Illness&p=4362315&viewfull=1#post4362315 or https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jsa28_and_being_sick_whilst_on_j if you want to download and print a JSA28.

If it wasn't a mandatory appointment, you (or your friend) should be able to dodge any benefit doubt at the first reconsideration. But if the "adviser" in question filed a WP08, posting off a JSA28 would avoid the risk of a sanction if the reconsideration failed.

Bottom line - His choice.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If it was a mandatory appointment, it would be wise to submit a JSA28 - See http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?401715-Work-Programme-and-Illness&p=4362315&viewfull=1#post4362315 or https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/jsa28_and_being_sick_whilst_on_j if you want to download and print a JSA28.

If it wasn't a mandatory appointment, you (or your friend) should be able to dodge any benefit doubt at the first reconsideration. But if the "adviser" in question filed a WP08, posting off a JSA28 would avoid the risk of a sanction if the reconsideration failed.

Bottom line - His choice.

i think it was but the advisor didn't give him a letter informing him of the appointment, he just wrote in on his card and im lead to believe in order to make an appointment mandatory it has to be in writing with the correct wording.

I'm lead to believe in order to make an appointment mandatory it has to be in writing with the correct wording.

That is indeed the gist of DWP provider guidance, Chapter 3a.

just read it and the advisor did not give him a letter so that must mean the advisor can't make a dma referral becuase he didn't follow the correct procedure in order to mandate my friend.

If they follows the rules, yes that's what it means. However, often they don't follow the rules and they may send a WP08 off to the Jobcentre anyway either because their administrative processes are not up to scratch, which is very common, or the adviser is just a pig which is equally common. Your friend should have no problem challenging the sanction doubt though if they do raise one but in the meantime his JSA would be stopped.

If they follows the rules, yes that's what it means. However, often they don't follow the rules and they may send a WP08 off to the Jobcentre anyway either because their administrative processes are not up to scratch, which is very common, or the adviser is just a pig which is equally common. Your friend should have no problem challenging the sanction doubt though if they do raise one but in the meantime his JSA would be stopped.

he now has a JSA 28 thanks to me and i've told him to fill it out and get it sent to the jobcentre, i think its a shame that places like ingeus have resorted to such underhand tactics just so they can sanction people they are supose to be helping find employment.

what address would he send the JSA 28 to?

To the local JCP office.

The WP provider has no rights or needs to a copy of the JSA28 - All they need to know is the "client" is not turning up for medical reasons. If they ask "what medical reason", they should be told that they have no legal or moral basis for asking and that information is strictly between patient and doctor.