Ingeus

Raven1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is there a thread for Post Work Programme Support?

See: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?383804-work-programme-after-2-years

As for bank statements, passport, and tenancy agreements - I'd be asking why and on what grounds these documents have to be provided. If producing these documents is mandatory, then I'd be demanding reimbursement of any costs in getting copies. After all, not everyone keeps bank statements or has a passport.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

It's not something I know a lot about but there's a thread here that may help................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?399693-Post-Work-Programme-Questions&highlight=Post+Work+Programme+Support

If you put in Post Work Programme Support in the search bar top right you should find some more.

Regards,

Scott.

Thanks so much, Scott.

Deloittes to sell its 50% share in ingeus

Deloitte's decision to sell its share has prompted claims the government has

failed to create a viable market in the welfare-to-work industry

Full story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24806973

or listen to Radio 4

on File on 4, BBC Radio 4, Tuesday 5 November at 20:00 GMT.

Deloittes to sell its 50% share in ingeus

Full story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24806973

or listen to Radio 4

on File on 4, BBC Radio 4, Tuesday 5 November at 20:00 GMT.

Deloitte will survive.... they only entered the Welfare To Work Sector through a joint venture with Ingeus UK in 2010 which has had long standing form where Welfare To Work Services are concerned. During 2009, Deloitte provided a staffer to Chris Graylings Office in 2009 when he was Opposition Minister for Works and Pensions, and after the 2010 General Election, offered a bid for the Work Programme Contracts which was reportedly 70% less than anyone else, leading to them being awarded about 23% of the CPA Work Programme Contracts.

TV Autocue Reader Esther McVey said she saw the move as a positive sign.

In the words of Marcia Wallace, voicing Mrs Krabappel in The Simpsons, "Haah"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47465[/ATTACH]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLNkbRvraho

Edited by RebeccaPidgeon
Additional Information Submitted

Ha! indeed.

Of course it's not just the stake in the WP being offloaded. Ingeus are a player in the whole W2W "market" and the fact that Deloittes are trying to sell is an indictment of not just the WP but also an indicator of what they think the prospects are for other initiatives such as the recently announced competition for the PWPS chain gangs.

Does anybody know what is the process when you finish post work programme support? Apparantly it only last 26 week an ive already done 8 plus i have christmas aswel so im only doin 25 weeks so after this week ive got 16 weeks left the weekly appointments at the jc are flying by but what happens next ????

Do what i do worry about it, when you get there post work programme sounds worst than ingeus if at all possible :-(

Talking of Ingeus i had to go to that dreadful place today, my appointment lasted no more than 5 mins if that.

My advisor had double booked appointments, he had 9 more appointments than he should of done :-)

And this was only at 11am lol

So to make room for the extra 9, he had to rush through appointments.

So all i got was hello how are you today? then he told me what he'd done appointment wise and then asked me what id applied for job wise this week.

and then he paid me my expenses and that was it, and these guys are suppose to help you. what a joke! :evil:

Ingeus staff do double book and I got told cos they think one won't turn up, 9 at once is a new one though

PWP is really terrible, stupid and horrendous and that is putting it mildly, it's just them throwing their weight around and trying to force you to let them vie UJM or making up stuff as they go along, mine picked the people with the terrible people skills to sign you on and be the advisers,

Ingeus staff do double book and I got told cos they think one won't turn up, 9 at once is a new one though

PWP is really terrible, stupid and horrendous and that is putting it mildly, it's just them throwing their weight around and trying to force you to let them vie UJM or making up stuff as they go along, mine picked the people with the terrible people skills to sign you on and be the advisers,

On the plus side, I am sure that you will enjoy stressing the Front Line Adviser within the PWP out, and negotiating your way out of their obsession with Universal Job Match - creating an account on Universal Job Match is not Mandatory, and even if the FLA directs you to another FLA to discuss signing up to UJ, you may not even have to create an account.

On the plus side, I am sure that you will enjoy stressing the Front Line Adviser within the PWP out, and negotiating your way out of their obsession with Universal Job Match - creating an account on Universal Job Match is not Mandatory, and even if the FLA directs you to another FLA to discuss signing up to UJ, you may not even have to create an account.

Please don't

I am unsure who is the most stressed out of me and the PWP one

I had an account and disallowed access as I chose and the refusal is permanent, I have actually lodged a complaint against her after she seriously lost the plot and threw her toys out of the pram, I will probably do a second one against the one who signs me on as he is a real piece of work, I dunno if it's worth sharing my experience as it's not Ingeus but I got a thread about it on a different site:

http://unemploymentmovement.com/forum/unemployment-and-job-centre-plus/7425-pwps-issue-with-their-incompetence-and-changing-the-rules

I am gonna flood her with useless info

I've had a great appointment the other day in which my advisor told of a great job I would have been perfect for. Unfortunately, the guy who normally handles Ingeus recruitment for the role in question was on holiday and my advisor forgot to inform him of my suitability for the role. Apparently my advisor has been snowed under with all his work.

Got to admit, if nothing else they are keeping me amused, especially after the last role they sent me for which was working for Ingeus. I didn't get it because despite being'a perfect fit for the role' I was suitably qualified according to Ingeus.

I've had a great appointment the other day in which my advisor told of a great job I would have been perfect for. Unfortunately, the guy who normally handles Ingeus recruitment for the role in question was on holiday and my advisor forgot to inform him of my suitability for the role. Apparently my advisor has been snowed under with all his work.

Got to admit, if nothing else they are keeping me amused, especially after the last role they sent me for which was working for Ingeus. I didn't get it because despite being'a perfect fit for the role' I was suitably qualified according to Ingeus.

Surely they just tell you where the job is, and you go apply there?

And my husband applied for a job at Ingeus he didn't pass the questions they ask you.

All things being equal, a Welfare To Work Clerk is not sufficiently qualified to assess whether or not a candidate is suitable for any role.... if they were that qualified, they would be working in the Wealth Creating Sector, and not the subprime Welfare To Work Sector.

Of course, the W2W Clerk that you were dealing with in the case may have simply been joking with you, and attempting to give themselves more credit and, at the same time, trying to dent your confidence. Unfortunately, fictitious vacancies hold no value.

All things being equal, a Welfare To Work Clerk is not sufficiently qualified to assess whether or not a candidate is suitable for any role.... if they were that qualified, they would be working in the Wealth Creating Sector, and not the subprime Welfare To Work Sector.

Of course, the W2W Clerk that you were dealing with in the case may have simply been joking with you, and attempting to give themselves more credit and, at the same time, trying to dent your confidence. Unfortunately, fictitious vacancies hold no value.

I asked my WP what experience he had. A few years in Recruitment and no training in Advice & Guidance.

I asked for another Advisor.

... my last advisor used to be a car salesman!

Perfect qualifications for a WP; pushy, arrogant, target-driven and totally money-oriented. Only saw him 3 times fortunately and he was okay with me ..once I'd quoted a few correct guidelines to him.

Ingeus is a distant memory now and long may it remain so.

Does anyone know what happens when you finish at ingeus?

Basically they've just forgotten about me pretty much it seems, not that I am complaining my advisor was so bad (Not a bad guy he was nice just utterly useless). Getting in was a struggle so I didn't complain when I got no appointments....and really he said himself they couldn't offer massive help anyway just keep motivated and apply for jobs.

However I checked my dates I started the work programme 22nd of march 2012, so that means next year I'll be up for my 2 years.

However I literally have been to ingeus probably like 3times in the last year. Maybe even less? twice... they have my wrong address on the system and haven't bothered following it up even after I phoned them and went to an appointment I set up to clear it up again they had my wrong address. So obviously they've been maybe sending appts for me and I've just not got letters and they haven't done anything about it.

My question is how does it work when you come to the end of the work programme? they have to send you back to job centre. Also what will happen to me if they write in exit report uh yeah haven't been in over a year oh well....not really my fault but still.

Do you think i'll even get sent back to the job centre by them? it just feels like i'm lost in their system and nobody has done anything to fix it.

My thinking is that I have got one last chance to get a worthwhile job to set me up for retirement (which I don't really are for).

I do not think the WP staff are stupid, but I just don't get on with salesmen. Temperamentally unsuited.

They are more of a hindrance than a help.

If they had been sending out appointments to the wrong address, the DWP would have sanctioned you for your troubles - A sanction that would be easily overturned if the Decision Maker ever saw the original appointment letter. Unfortunately, it is not a requirement to attach a copy to the WP08 when it is submitted by the WP provider.

At the end of your 104 week sentence, you will automatically revert to the job centre and have to face the post WP programme. This varies from centre to centre, but would appear to consist of a much more onerous JSAg and the prospect of daily visits to the JCP - Some just get to go weekly, others every other day, and the unlucky ones, daily. This regime is expected to last six months, after that, I don't think the DWP knows what will happen next.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If they had been sending out appointments to the wrong address, the DWP would have sanctioned you for your troubles - A sanction that would be easily overturned if the Decision Maker ever saw the original appointment letter. Unfortunately, it is not a requirement to attach a copy to the WP08 when it is submitted by the WP provider.

At the end of your 104 week sentence, you will automatically revert to the job centre and have to face the post WP programme. This varies from centre to centre, but would appear to consist of a much more onerous JSAg and the prospect of daily visits to the JCP - Some just get to go weekly, others every other day, and the unlucky ones, daily. This regime is expected to last six months, after that, I don't think the DWP knows what will happen next.

I think they are sometimes sent on a full time training course run by local colleges. Older workers seen, forties and older. After they have completed Pathways to Work or the Job Programme? Maybe a bit like the old job clubs which were quite a good idea when they were voluntary. Back to school.

The trouble is in black spots there are not all that many jobs around. They can then update their skills. I wonder of there are any paid jobs there? I hope my CV got to the right people? I might have to give an extra push?

Edited by Perseus1

Has anyone been to a course where they tell you words that are supposedly helpful for letters etc? I got told about this but my one wouldn't tell me anything as I figured a course like this would be best told to me ASAP so I asked her outright and she said nothing

Now though I figure this course was another way to get paid for doing nothing of use

In the office some were ex-recruitment agency star, ex-failed program staff and even an army sniper

Hey, so ive finally got a job (Yay), its at McDonalds, which i wanted to avoid, but its at the point that i dont care where i work now as long as i work.

In relation to Ingeus, I have to ask them for some help towards some costs, so im going to have to tell them where im working, so they will be able to claim their money. Can i however, ask Ingeus to go through me to see if im still working there etc? rather than calling my manager or the store?

Way i see it is, if my manager is getting harassed for info on me, hes more likely to fire me! especially at a place with a high staff turnover like McDonalds, im easily replaceable.

On JSA: My signing day is tomorrow, and my job starts on Tuesday. I haven't done any job search the past 2 weeks, as i knew 2 weeks ago that my start day at McDonalds was on the 19th. So im not planning on signing on tomorrow, can i simply stop going? As in, not turn up tomorrow, call them and say i want to stop claiming, and thats that?

Kind of a follow on question to Mikey121, am I obliged to tell Ingeus the details of my employer if I get a job. Obviously it goes without saying the Jobcentre would be told that I'm stopping my claim due to change in circumstances.

Can I just tell Ingeus that? What about if I say I've won the lottery and am no longer eligible?

Hey, so ive finally got a job (Yay), its at McDonalds, which i wanted to avoid, but its at the point that i dont care where i work now as long as i work.

In relation to Ingeus, I have to ask them for some help towards some costs, so im going to have to tell them where im working, so they will be able to claim their money. Can i however, ask Ingeus to go through me to see if im still working there etc? rather than calling my manager or the store?

Way i see it is, if my manager is getting harassed for info on me, hes more likely to fire me! especially at a place with a high staff turnover like McDonalds, im easily replaceable.

On JSA: My signing day is tomorrow, and my job starts on Tuesday. I haven't done any job search the past 2 weeks, as i knew 2 weeks ago that my start day at McDonalds was on the 19th. So im not planning on signing on tomorrow, can i simply stop going? As in, not turn up tomorrow, call them and say i want to stop claiming, and thats that?

If you do not sign for the last 2 weeks JSA you will lose that money and also not following your Job Seekers Agreement could incur a penalty for the future if you need to sign on again. All of this then can stop you getting any help with Housing costs, i.e. run on for rent + council tax. Any help with clothing etc. is from a discretionary fund. You need to get your ES40 filled out asap and just say you are starting work, you do not have to tell them where you are going to work.

In my case I did this, wrote a letter also telling the Jobcentre I did not give permission for them to give any details out, but 3 months later I had a phone call from the WP(out of business hours) asking me if I was still working and I just said I would let them know my circumstances in due course. I always knew that if my employment stopped I would have to continue with the WP which is where I am now until April. Good luck in your new job.

my friend was supose to have an appointment with his advisor at ingeus today but isn't well so he called them and they said they'll get his advisor to call him, he is now worried and asked me if he'll be sanctioned?

I was never sanctioned for being ill so I don't see why or how your friend could be