resolvecall - court threat letter scottish power 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

so what would you suggest?

contact SP and offer to make a payment plan based on them giving me a full breakdown of what monies are owed and when for?.

if SP balls up and say the majority of the debt is from 2004/2005/2006 would i then be liable still as that debt technically is 6 years old?.

However i believe they would be wise to that approach and state what i paid before cleared all those and then claim the amount is from 2007 on wards.

Also if you do advise to speak to SP,

and as you stated they have sat on it,

do you think we might be able to negotiate a lower price?.

Also as the letter says they "found me via Credit Report.

The only entry i have of a search where i do not know who searched me was by

Entry Number: P12

Name: STEPHEN L

Address: XXXXXXX

Searched on: 17/02/2012

Searched By: 1ST LOCATE UK LTD

Application Type: Unrecorded Enquiry

They have spelt my name wrong as its "steven" and also searched by old address which i suppose will show up linked addresses.

So maybe BC&W used 1st locate a few months ago,

sent a letter to my previous address i moved out of 4 months ago

and then finally tracked me down to my current "family" home.

Funny thing is the letter doesnt say my first name so i suppose they got there base covered with misspelling my first name.

EDIT- as not to confuse, i lived at address "supposed debt" is for from 2004 - 05/11

then lived 05/11 = 05/12 at another address (then we had child and had no garden)

then 05/11 - present (new familyhome)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ah thats clearer

no debt exists

ignore them.

bcw are just chancing their arm they'll catch a mug.

thats knows no better, you found cag.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well i know you just said "no debt exists " but like i said before i cant be sure 100%, its quite possible i owe them some money, but its also possible i dont. I just have no idea.

so is it common for a DCA to use 1st locate to find people?

However i do ackknowledge they provided me electricity between those dates and at the address listed in the letter. Just flabbergasted how much they reckon i owe without even considering BCW's extortionate admin fee.

So you suggesting i just ignore the letter? or call SP to find out wtf is with this letter

if YOU have not been sent a bill from SP, they cant back-bill, so the spoofers have no debt. [read the PDF]

IF you are saying that this electricity use is from before sept 2006 , then its SB'ed.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sri i didn't see your edit earlier:

EDIT- as not to confuse, i lived at address "supposed debt" is for from 2004 - 05/11

then lived 05/11 = 05/12 at another address (then we had child and had no garden)

then 05/11 - present (new familyhome)

so there prob 'something' to this.

have you got any old info from the time of the move.

or can you remember if you got a bill just before or after you moved out

and if you paid anything around that time.

certainly you DONT owe any 'fees' and dont pay BCW.

i'll alert the SP rep

though they wont be here till monday.

it might be an idea to gather everything you can together to help.

dx

and they

Cheers dx, and nah I haven't got nothing no more. U think SP will accept lowish monthly payments if it's proven the amount is correct. But before I agreed to anything I would want to see a full breakdown of the bill, or you think SP will be happy for some money n maybe help by lowering the amount as long as they get something

await the rep

sure they will

dx

and they

thsnks marie

dx

and they

Hi flexeh,

Can you please e-mail me your details at onlinecomplaints@scottishpower.com and i can have a look at this today.

Thanks

Marie@Scottishpower.com

Hi Marie I sent you a email with the reference and my contact details. Thanks for having a look

And thanks dx for all your help

Hi Dx

i spoke with Marie today, and i am looking for your opinion.

Right. The amount of 750 is correct, they have said that currently the debt is still with them and they only used a DCA to track me down. and as its still in-house they cannot offer me any reduction to the debt. But if it did go to a DCA then its up to them if i can get a reduction. I did then state that if they did sell the debt on, obviously the DCA wouldnt pay the amount i owe SP, so surely couldnt i get a reduction in the price obviously more than what a DCA would pay. Marie said shes not allowed to answer that

They said that in October 2011 was placed on my CRA File as a default but i cannot see anything on my file with that. If it went to a DCA to take payments they might be willing to lower the price. But their hands(SP) are tied.

best they can do is either a 12month payment plan or a 24 month. @ 24 months it will work out at £31 a month.

i did ask that if the default had gone on my CRA surely it doesnt state late payments as no payments have been agreed or paid. we agreed that if i did make payments and then misssed one then it would be classed as payments

ive got to speak to my partner over all this. So i did state to marie i would be coming back here seeking advice too.

Cheers

IMHO i would get all the last years' bills.

i would suspect you dont have internet access to your on-line account at SP anymore?

if you have, then get them by downloading them.

i have no doubts upon the truth here

but its always correct to get the bills.

dx

and they

Make sure that you get the bill(s) from SP and make sure that the bills don't go past the date when you moved out and that the amount of energy used looks right compared to previous bills if you don't have the final reading

• 4 months later...

Hi guys

just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of help and advice

i came here with a letter from a DCA which was for a utility debt, there was nothing on my credit file of me defaulting or anything. i managed to liase with the utility company about a payment plan and got the debt back in there hands away from the DCA.

i explained i would rather pay the debt than receive defaults or a ccj on my credit file. and they were happy to take the debt back. i havent missed a payment agreed and as far as i know all was on track

however i log on to my credit file today as i haven't been on for a while and what do i see. a default from the utility company with multiple missed payments dating back to when i lived at the property. they haven't even updated the payments i have made so far. This report was not on my credit file prior to myself agreeing to pay them what i owe. Is this allowed? obviously because no default existed before, but now they have put it on.

im really annoyed and considering not paying any more as the damage is now done, i only agreed to pay what i owed to prevent this happening. is there anything i can do?

advice would be greatly recieved.

regards

is this your scottish power one you have 2 threads on already?

dx

and they

ye it is sorry pal i couldnt locate the post keep getting a error trying to search. so i assumed this general one would be the place to ask cuz of not finding my post. didnt realise i had 2 as well :o

no problem

for history i'll merge them here

and they

pers i dont think that is fair.

ping the sp rep again

dx

and they

Flexeh Hi sorry Marie is on leave at the moment but if you e-mail social@scottishpower.com (no spaces) we will look into this for you. Thanks David

What actual department are you and Marie mate? I've phoned up this morning and someone is investigating for me. But when I had to explain who I first got in touch with they didn't know what department Marie was

its killed my credit file now

Perhaps you can turn this fiasco to your advantage.

If they've defaulted you without warning you can claim £8K in the small claims court! (Put the claim in after April 1st).

Even if they remove the default quickly, which they should do, you can and should still claim for general damage to creditworthiness.

Bullying tactics must end.

Cheers,

Richard.

Perhaps you can turn this fiasco to your advantage.

If they've defaulted you without warning you can claim £8K in the small claims court! (Put the claim in after April 1st).

Even if they remove the default quickly, which they should do, you can and should still claim for general damage to creditworthiness.

Bullying tactics must end.

Cheers,

Richard.

Well to be honest I ain't bothered about suing for cash. I just want it sorted

Spoke to a lot of people today

Basically the first person I spoke to (jane) in complaints had a chat with me and believed it was experian in the wrong and suggested I phoned them. So I did they advised me they had 15 months worth for Scottish power but they then said however when you last did a score in August 2012 it wasn't on your report and the 15months worth of info (default dated October 2011) appeared after that date.

So I then call back up while its fresh in my mind I couldn't get through to the same lady so I was put through to another lady (kathy) who listened to everything including what experian said to me and then she stated that she thinks she can see when it was added to my account and she said September 2012. So they backdated the default and wacked it on my credit file. So that was around the time I created this initial post and got in touch to settle the account via a payment plan. When liasing with SP I stated I didn't acknowledge any debt with the dca and wanted it back in house to avoid any adverse credit or ccj. Which they understood

Well it looks like I should of stuk with the dca because at least nothing was on my file. I wouldn't mind if SP had put a credit on the file of te outstanding then edited it as I payed because then it would of been satisfactory as I haven't missed a payment but for this backdate which suddenly appeared it takes the pee!

And guess what no call back from either of the lady's who are supposed to be sorting it for me, even a call saying sorry I haven't been able to get your answer tonight so bare with me, would of been great but no!!

I called back up just and the person sai the complaints team are finished now as he tried putting me through to Jane I then stated I wanted to speak to kathy as she saw the error but conveniently the man can't find notes from kathy and doesn't know how to contact her. And that Jane is dealing with my complaint!

EDIT: To the Scottish power rep Dave how do I get this complaint through to your team as i would like to escalate this now, or can you call me and take over this complaint? ill pm you my complaint ref.

Edited by flexeh