OFT London protest rally 1st December

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope most people won't have trouble playing the file. It'll only be folk like me that have any trouble, and folk like me will know what to do with it. :)

Most people with a bog standard Windows install using most browsers will be able to see it properly.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Bill-K amd Meagain (just realised after seeing teh pics of teh rally that you are not female: was reading Megan and presuming Irish gaelic spelling or the like: SORRY! evens it up a bit for Caro though), do you always speak in such foreign tongues? :D :D I couldn't understand a word of that explanation regardign teh Channel 5 news clip.

Oh for a bit of computer litteracy. :rolleyes:

Either of you any idea of how I can refind the e-mail address I bought from CAG? Idiot proof language please. I want to use it to mail my bank. :confused:

Had interesting conversation with Lloyds this afternoon regarding them taking charges from my account, into which only benefits are lodged. The conversation is to continue. :evil:

Want to back up the conversation with an e-mail including the relevant laws for them to peruse. ;)

x

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

Quote: If you can't beat them, confuse them.

Bill-K amd Meagain (just realised after seeing teh pics of teh rally that you are not female: was reading Megan and presuming Irish gaelic spelling or the like:

Eh? Imagine a space between "e" and "a" ;)

I couldn't understand a word of that explanation regardign teh Channel 5 news clip.

If it's not working for you, then ... er ... well ...

Try this on for size:

(you may need a right-click/command-click/whatever-click and Save As)

Of all the things to waste my 1000th post on ;-)

• Haha 1

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941

Aaaw - congrats, Meagain. Squandered it on the likes of me & VS, when you could have been celebrating it with Seminole or BF. Wrong place, wrong time.

As well as possibly assisting your good self with what appears to be the eternal battle between Steve Jobs & Bill Gates, I thought that if anybody wanted to keep that clip for posterity, they could. As it is, one can only play it by going online to retrieve it. Anyway, I managed to upload it to Photobucket, and this is the link to it. Hope it works - haven't tried it, yet:-

Be patient, though.

VS - how are you by the way ? Long time no speak. Sorry about all that techno-bilge. If you can remember using your CAG e-mail address, then try and find it in your sent or deleted items folder. If not, then look for the e-mail that CAG would have sent you about it. If you have a rough date when that was it might help. Or ask the guys you originally got it from at CAG - hopefully, they'll be able to link it with your sign-on.

Any good ?

Works a treat, Bill, thanks.:)

Elsinore

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

Aaaw - congrats, Meagain. Squandered it on the likes of me & VS, when you could have been celebrating it with Seminole or BF. Wrong place, wrong time.

My own fault for not posting more, really.

Anyway, I figure that my 1000th post has at least been helpful, which is nice :)

My own fault for not posting more, really.

Anyway, I figure that my 1000th post has at least been helpful, which is nice :)

'Twas indeed, Meagain. I'll have to ask you some time to explain that "Clicky" thingy. Maybe just when you're approaching your 2,000 th. :-D

Glad the link worked Elsinore & JonCris. Hopefully, you can save a copy from there onto your HDD, but I haven't tried it myself.

Yeah, the Abbey "pronouncement" was just another "sodoff" letter, such is their contempt for us.

I don't know, I don't visit the site for a couple of Months and see you are protesting! Nice one. :)

I notice that Captial one is now Charging £12 for each of its fees....

Anyways Good on those who attended, it is nice to see people standing united against the banking machine!

Completed:

Woolwich: Received £30

Intelligent Finance: Received £1100 after two years and approximately 20 letters, 6 pieces of hair and an eyeball.

Barclaycard: Received £90

HFC: Received £170

Hi Bill-K. Im fine. Just doign away and gettign on with life.

I haven't sued my CAG e-mail yet and can't even rememebr how I went about buying it. :-( Okay, I know but spare me a kind thought: I have to live with me.

I was saving that e-mail address to initiate it with a mail to my bank.

I can't even find the mail giving em all teh info on it. Oh but a brain would be a useful thing.....................................MAYBE!

I did realise after seeign your pic, that it was "me again" and not some Welsh or Irish spellign of Megan. It's not that I'm slow. I really think incredibly fast: train of thought express but takes the scenic route.

Fortuantely I get the cartoon sequence which goes with the journey. LOL!

Headign into Edinburgh tomorrow so probably wo't see you here for a coupleof days, got to meetup with Mairi from teh board in Glasgow next week too and then I booked solid Wednesday and making tablet (traditional Scottish sweetie), toffee, coconut balls, turkish delight, marshallows etc., few spicy carrot cakes to bake and 3 madiera ones too.

Isn't Christmas a wonderful, peaceful time of year? HO! HO! HO!

See y'all soon.

BEHAVE!

####

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

2nd November 2006: 1st letter, requesting back statements, hand delivered to lloyds TSB: got receipt.

I have received the information on my accounts going back 6 (six) years but not going back to the begining of my hsitory with the bank, as I requested.

Think I'd best send a letter suggesting they send the lot and informing them that I have already paid the £10 for such information.

Mairi's awaiting my details so that she can help me work out the interest due on the charges taken.

Personal: growing and changing while ever remaining the same. Get to know me and tell me what I'm like coz I can't figure me out.

I haven't sued my CAG e-mail yet ...

No, you need to put the bank under "defendant" ;)

train of thought express but takes the scenic route.

Usual expression is "overshoots the platform slightly" ;)

Hi VS. I do like your outlook on life. I think if we were totally aware of what is REALLY going on sometimes, we'd crack up anyway. No, I think "comfortably numb" is a good option, sometimes, for the likes of you and I !! It's that trance-like state that can be brought about by the ritual of repeatedly banging one's head against The Wall !!

Glad you've sorted out who Megan is, she's in some of the rally piccies, and is a really pretty lassie - NOT !! :D

Yeah, as Megan points out, don't sue CAG for your e-mail address.

It's not nice, and it's not clever !! :D

I guess now the rally's over, and the beer's run out, that this thread is a nice place to just mingle & have a bit of chit-chat. Eventually, though, I sort of hope that a mod will close it and seal it with "CAG -v- OFT...WON !!!

Have a great Christmas !!

Bill.

No, you need to put the bank under "defendant" ;)

Slidaxye lures KO! ;)

"Usual expression is "overshoots the platform slightly" ;)

Who wants to be "usual"? ;)

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Thanks Bill-k. I gotta go catch a train now.

Lubznzat2all Xs2

Vital spark v Lloyds Tsb

Never try to get a taxi at 2.00 on a Saturday morning in London. Suffice to say I think we got back to the hotel about 3.30 am!! I heard bird song just before we got back anyway.

Caro,

many's the time I have had to walk from some place in central London at 2am to Waterloo before I could get a cab, I even got a free ride with a cabby who was on his way home once! Those Taxi drivers South of the river are much tougher than the wimpy softy Northerners..............LOL

Been screwed by banks all my life, it's payback time!!!!

OK as I seem to be handing out advice here I guess I had better add a disclaimer to my signature, Caro, hope you don't mind but I nicked yours.

Advice & opinions given by Dread are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thank you for adding your introduction and summary of the event, BF.

May I congratulate you, and those who were there with you, on successfully and peacefully enabling the OFT to demonstrate what an ill-mannered, gutless and toothless bunch they really are.

Could I suggest that any future protest be a peacefull protest outside the Houses of parliment, as it appears that these are the only type of people who may be willing to hear our voice.

As these are the people who also canvas our votes for election to their positions.

As long as it is a peacefull protest it will/ may attract more media interest, at the seat of power and why not get some M.P s involved, I mean they had enough to say prior to the Iraq war, so why should they not speak out for their constituents. ?

Not sure that's possible these days Simonjohn as there's an exclusion zone around HP I believe.

Maybe BF could organise a barge on the Thames, though, and a decent loud-hailer, and maybe turn up for lunch on the Terrace !!

Perhaps a pirate theme might be good - give 'em a Jolly good Rogering, anyway !!

Avast !! :D

I am christian akamba I saying hello to consumer action.

Well, hello, Christian, and welcome to the CAG forum. We are all helping each other here, and it may seem a "huge" place, but I'm sure you will soon settle in.

First (unless you have already done so), I would suggest that you read the Forum Rules, and then the FAQ's. Then have a look at all the topics being discussed and start to read up on whatever topics interest you. You may wish to start your own thread, if you have a claim you are starting.

All the best wishes to you, with your claim.

Bill. :)