strike out claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looks as if our claim will be struck out on friday due to not complying with cpr 21 :( due to permission from the court not being gained to act as litigation friend (husband is the claimant, im lit friend).....once it has been stuck it can the claim be resubmitted by the claimant without a litigation friend or is that claim then doomed forever?

advise please :)

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

On what grounds has the court refused to let you act as a Litigation Friend?

How does your husband qualify as a 'protected party' ie someone who lacks capacity to conduct the proceedings. I assume he's not under 18:D

It would appear he wasnt a protected party and there has been a confusion on our part between McKenzie and Litigation Friends :( So totally my fault :( As for age unfortunately for him although he may act under 18 he is in fact over that age lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

You should still be able to represent him as a Lay Representative or failing that accompany him as a Mckenzie friend.

See here:

Representing Someone in Court - Consumer Wiki

Their arguement is I never asked the courts permission under cpr 21 hearing is booked for fri 4th june lasting 5mins ....

the poc was signed by the claimant but the n1 was signed by me....

Their arguement is I never asked the courts permission under cpr 21 hearing is booked for fri 4th june lasting 5mins ....
Who are 'they', the court or the defendant?

but the n1 was signed by me....
As a Litigation Friend?

I would still attend, apologise that as an Litigant in Person you mistakenly thought you could represent your husband as a Litigation Friend, but that you would respectfully request that the court allow you to be a Lay Representative for your husband.

i would ensure you attend the hearing and apologise to the court and simply ask to resubmit the n1 with the correct signature, perhaps a good idea to take it with you ready. is this a small claims matter?

Thank you for your reply I will ensure to do that...

Im not sure which way through court it would go as its over 5k, I think probably fast trak as its between 5 and 15k...

It hasnt been allocated though as claim was served, acknowledgement of service received with intention to defend whole claim, then strike out application received...hearing next friday

Who are 'they', the court or the defendant?

Defendant

As a Litigation Friend?

yes :(

I would still attend, apologise that as an Litigant in Person you mistakenly thought you could represent your husband as a Litigation Friend, but that you would respectfully request that the court allow you to be a Lay Representative for your husband.

I will do that thank you for your help

Agree totally! The courts are required to show a little leniency when it comes to being an LiP. They are also alleging that you wrote the POC, but you didn't!! He wrote it and signed it, you only assisted him which is more than fair!!!

I can't believe they would throw out an entire case based on such a small, inadvertant error. Just make sure you grovel unashamedly!!!

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

<-- If I have helped in any way please click my star!! ;)

Oh and I am a lady!! :)

Agree totally! The courts are required to show a little leniency when it comes to being an LiP. They are also alleging that you wrote the POC, but you didn't!! He wrote it and signed it, you only assisted him which is more than fair!!!

I can't believe they would throw out an entire case based on such a small, inadvertant error. Just make sure you grovel unashamedly!!!

There will be major grovelling :(

But also don't let them get away with alleging something that is untrue and they have no proof of either. How can they allege you wrote the poc when he signed it?? Were they there??:confused:

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

How can they allege you wrote the poc when he signed it??
Where exactly are they alleging that?

The N1 was signed by someone acting as a Litigation Friend for someone who is not a 'protected person' and where there has been no application to the court for permission to do so. If I was the defendant I would have done the same.

The N1 was signed by someone acting as a Litigation Friend for someone who is not a 'protected person' and where there has been no application to the court for permission to do so. If I was the defendant I would have done the same.

Its in their statement of defence:

'In view of the above, the defendant will further say that the POC have been drafted by a third party to whom the defendant owes no Contractual or Tortious liability, and who possesses no cause of action against the defendant.'

so should the grovelling not work -

it is acceptable to start a new claim with the right signatures etc as it wasnt struck out on a part of the claim but a cpr problem??

Sorry Michael, I was following on the other thread I can see how it must look :oops: I agree totally, a mistake has been made that needs rectifying. Equally, I wouldn't like to see the claim struck out on the allegation that the poc wasn't drafted by the claimant, when it was.

Its in their statement of defence:

'In view of the above, the defendant will further say that the POC have been drafted by a third party to whom the defendant owes no Contractual or Tortious liability, and who possesses no cause of action against the defendant.'

Strictly speaking they are right. There is only space for one signature on the N1, as Claimant, Litigation Friend or Solicitor and a LF, acting for a protected person, would normally submit the POC on their behalf.

But since you cannot act as a LF, they are right when they say you have no cause of action against them.

Strictly speaking they are right. There is only space for one signature on the N1, as Claimant, Litigation Friend or Solicitor and a LF, acting for a protected person, would normally submit the POC on their behalf.

But since you cannot act as a LF, they are right when they say you have no cause of action against them.

Yes I see what you mean, it was the statement of truth on the POC the claimant signed rather than the box on the N1 - im so cross with myself :mad:

Yes, took me by surprise slightly, I understand now.:D

I thought that after I posted :rolleyes:

It's just that I've got a claim with them myself and they tried exactly the same thing with me. Only difference with mine was that the error was made by the court and not me so, needless to say, they didn't get very far!

Yes I see what you mean, it was the statement of truth on the POC the claimant signed rather than the box on the N1 - im so cross with myself :mad:

Don't worry yourself about it now, it was a simple mistake any one of us could've made. Just concentrate on getting it mended now :)

Don't worry yourself about it now, it was a simple mistake any one of us could've made. Just concentrate on getting it mended now :)

I shall certainly try! did you want that email? scanning is in progress :D

Im actually also annoyed that I had to fight to get this document when its dated 10th May!!

I shall certainly try! did you want that email? scanning is in progress :D

Yh bring it on :) I need to get my AQ in for tues so could do with some more fuel :D