Advice on starting a Campaign

Hypermaniak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I think I have found the correct forum, and have read the articles on consumer rights and legislation. However, I cannot find the information I need, which is:

a. How do I start a campaign?

b. How do I start a legal case under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008, which I have read and believe I have a strong case. What information do I need people to provide to support the campaign?

I cannot disclose the company yet, but I there are potentially several thousand consumers affected and I would like to gather evidence from as many of them as possible. I believe we do not have the equivalent of a class-action lawsuit in the UK, like in the US, so how would I go about representing any person who wants to "join" the campaing and be represented?

Thanks,

Hyper

I speak as a total lay person but in the absence of any other advice if you want to start a case in which many people will be involved I think the first thing to do is to get a good firm of solicitors involved who are willing to take the case and manage the many claims of the individuals concerned.

You could then draft the main elements of the case, who would qualify and what the potential recoveries/costs are.

You would then presumably need to advertise for possible claimants to come on board and for that to work properly you would need to divulge who the company is and present the main points of your claim.

In the absence of any budget to advertise Nationally you could issue press releases to the National Papers. If the story is good enough you would likely get some "page 15" type coverage. Give people an email address to write to in the ad.

I guess it is possible that this thread and others on similar web sites would also get the word out.