Sheriff puts Bank of Scotland to proof on bank charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wouldn't put any hopes in Vince Cable, nice and sincere as he may be. Ultimately, it's what we the people decide and what we the people take action on that counts.

My tongue was firmly in my cheek with the expectations of Vince Cable;-)

The power truly resides with us, if only we really understood it and set about using it in a persistent determined way.

The power is with the establishment and will remain so until as you say we really understand how to wrest it from them in a legal and proper fashion and use it in a united and concerted way.

The main obstacle to that is that 'they' have had hundreds of years to organise themselves and we are still only a few years in.

The secondary obstacle is that they also have the money and money will always be power.

All we can do is to continue to nibble away at the establishment with individual victories which will eventually make a minor inroad into the unfairness of their oppressive dominance but individual nibbling will never hurt them enough to occasion change.

It will take a united effort to effect any significant change and uniting the aggrieved public is an enormous undertaking.

There are a couple of threads running at the moment on CAG attempting to drum up funds both for the survival of CAG and others to fund against Bank charges.

One by Bankfodder has received 7 posts in 2 months and this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/oft-test-case-updates/268024-bank-charges-donation-fund.html

has received 11 posts in the past 4 days which illustrates the difficulties in getting everyone to pull together for the greater good.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

money is not the answer... people power is more important and the power of the internet is extremely powerful.... just post a party on facebook and see what happens... if you can get 500 turning up for party by posting on facebook how many could you get for a protest against banks..Jesus even raoul moat got support using facebook. the problem is co-ordination and energy....there are many smart people on here and many skills available bringing them together is what is required...

decide on desired outcome, choose course of action , gather support for each required action and plan...Look at radio 6, ghurkas, etc etc...

when due to empathy we leave it to just a few people such as scottish case nothing will be achieved..Unless supported by major celebrity with a passion.we all hope they win so we can follow like sheep.... however the fighters lose hope, will and eventually cave in.... with a much more concerted effort by the masses more will be achieved.... send an email to everyone in your inbox with a joke and see how long it takes to get back to you... and how many people it has passed through before it gets there.... we have all the tools and lots of skills it just takes a few to spend some time and energy to co-ordinate???????? hands please

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

middenmass, you might be right... money is power... but if people felt better about the motives and chances of a particular effort then they would support... 1 person giving £10,000 or 200,000 giving £1. I know which I would rather have..... if we have a good plan people will support....

fighting fund ring fenced by CAG is not the answer.... ask solicitor/barrister to set up private account to fight banks .... start donations into it... when it hits certain targets they do the work... use some money to gain support, facebook for more donations, media to promote, dam even vince cable might donate and advertise.... if we believe we can win the fight then this is way to go.... if we feel there is another way such as creating a run on a particular bank to force their hand then that would be better and get more media interest.... it has to be sustained and every Cagger has to support and talk 5 or more into supporting.... the front page of CAG and all moderators needs to show support...

We musn't forget this is a site , basically administered by BF and the Site Team members .... we need input from them on these proposals ...... so c'mon ST members .... we need a lead ........ please ?:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

if people felt better about the motives and chances of a particular effort then they would support......if we have a good plan people will support

CAG is a fantastic cause and could be considered the root and trunk from which the branches of standing up to the banks emanates but consider how much pleading and virtual begging that the site team and others have to do to get the £1100 each month to enable this site to continue in its basic form.

This site has helped many thousands of people all of whom should feel ecstatic about the motives and chances of CAG but only a few donate according to Bankfodder.

What is possibly needed to galvanise the troops and defeat the present empathy is a more aggressive approach to fund raising--even a 75p registration fee would bring in around £125,00 [after Paypal fees] if all those presently registered on CAG would stand up and be counted.

CAG could remain free to view as a Guest but to post and participate would require registration at an affordable? 75p.

Would a dedicated fund raiser enable the funds to be found for both CAG and the fight against the Banks or would the cost of this be to much assuming that no-one would take on the position for free?

A bank hating millionaire on board would be nice:-D

I have no arguments with CAG. I would happily do some work for free. I just want to be sure it is for right reasons and is worthwhile... sometimes the time spent helping people to help themselves is time consuming and gets convoluted and often missed by others... the front page of cag is seen by all and advertising or asking people to pay for advice or letters may be an idea..I personally would be happy to pay for those in the know to prepare POc's etc for me maybe CAG could make some money using the skills of volunteers rather than asking for donations which is easy to forget when you get your money???

look....... I like many others do not have the modus operandi for transferring funds online...how many times must i say this..I want to donate to this fund but provide a means alternate to online transactions...I am here on this site precisely because of my account!!!!

m2ae

look....... I like many others do not have the modus operandi for transferring funds online...how many times must i say this..I want to donate to this fund but provide a means alternate to online transactions...I am here on this site precisely because of my account!!!!

m2ae

I had always assumed that as CAG were always requesting donations that they had made it as easy as possible with all available options to donate covered,but clicking around I now realise that they haven't made it that easy at all.

How about it site team-what other options can you put in place to enable people to donate?

When searching for stuff online (especially products) the CAG toolbar or the search boxes on the CAG pages also help bring in a small income. I feel that once CAG is financially secure, then they can discuss financing court cases of their own. It would be foolish to try to fund a court case whilst in a state of financial insecurity!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Postal orders and cheques can be sent here

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Thankyou...it will be by postal order

I shall be sending a donation for £10.00 Next Wednesday/Thursday latest and shall insert somewhere discreetly m2ae...I must admit I have been a member since Nov last year and have donated nothing..I feel bad but I am not making a point on any one I know how hard it is to be unemployed and in debt so now I just gonna follow my concious.I will not be able to donate that much every month..BUT there will be a monthly donation now.

Rgds all

m2ae

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

Could this be put on the CAG front page for all to see?
Well, it is at the bottom of every page as it is... :shock:

how does one become being a site helper????
Can't remember where the thread is, but there is one where you can apply or nominate someone, after that, it's in the hands of admin. I'll see if I can dig out the link.

The power is with the establishment and will remain so until as you say we really understand how to wrest it from them in a legal and proper fashion and use it in a united and concerted way.

The power is NOT with the establishment, that's what they spend phenomenal amounts of money, time, spin, education, indoctrination, conditioning, misinformation etc sowing into the peoples, sorry sheeples...of the world.

The truth is that the 'establishment' is extremely scared and paranoid that the sheeple will 'wake up' and start asserting themselves and taking positive action.

There is NOTHING the establishment can do if people start educating and asserting themselves. 'They' rely on ignorance, misinformation, fear etc to effect their 'control'. They are in 'control' not in power. They've never been in power and never will be because the power is vested in the collective will of the people. At specific points in human history when such people have collectively decided they wanted change and embarked on a determined course of action, there was jack all the establishment could do about it.

However, I digress from the specific topic at hand...

The matrix is intrinsically flawed. Within it is the program for it's own destruction. If you are reading this, you are in the matrix and it's days are numbered...so watch out! :eek:

Can't remember where the thread is, but there is one where you can apply or nominate someone, after that, it's in the hands of admin. I'll see if I can dig out the link.

Sorry, can't find it. You might want to report yours or my post so that someone from team can answer that one.

Sorry, can't find it.

Bookworm Report

Subject: Research

Must try harder.

What is this all about?

As CAGlink31.gif has grown it has become increasingly clear to us that there are a great number of fantastic contributors out there who would make great Site Helpers/Mods but who simply never come to our attention. We feel that this can contributelink3.gif to a feeling of being ‘passed over’ for some people and so we have decided to open up the selection of site Helpers to anyone who cares to nominate themselves. The result is this thread where we will post the names of everyone who wants to become a Site Helper.

The role of a Site Helper is not fixed - there is no job description and we make little in the way of rules for you. Essentially, we look for people who give consistently good advice, are helpful to other users, encourage those in need of a little more help than usual and who generally show an ability to handle conflict and help to create a little calm in those situations that all too easily become heated.

What sort of people are we looking for?

We are not setting any criteria or minimum levels before consideration, but as a general guide we think it likely that you will have been a member of the site for a number of months, have quite a substantial post count (from outwith the Bear Garden) and be able to offer around 5 hours of your spare time per week. You don't have to be an expert in anything and you don't need any qualifications.

If you think you're still interested, read on....

This role is NOT a bed of roses. You may find that once you join us you will become more hooked than before. Whilst this is great for us, it probably won't be so great for your family / partner / dog or whatever else is important in your life, when they realise that you spend more time with us than you do with them!

As a team member on CAGlink31.gif, some people will expect you to work magic, know everything and always be there for them. Others will assume that 'the power has gone to your head' simply because your username turns pink or, heaven forbid, green. Other people will be far worse. A fairly thick skin is useful too.

You will play a part in shaping the future of this forum. Your work behind the scenes in helping us to keep the forum running smoothly, identifying users in trouble, bringing new ideas and opinions to the table etc will start to rub off on you too. Your knowledge of many issues will likely rise very quickly - you'll soon find new confidence in your own ability and the experience of helping out in this way can even benefit your "real" job and might even open up new roads for your future career.

You would have access to other team members and would receive help and guidance in developing your own role here.

You would get to take part in meetings held around the country, meet face to face with those of us who live in dark cupboards, you might even decide to take part in subsidised, professional training courses.

Let us know

If you would like to be considered as a CAG Site Helper all you have to do is send a pm to NOMBot stating the areas/subjects you consider yourself most able to help with. For example, you may have developed a lot of experience in dealing with HSBClink3.gif or perhaps you have a good knowledge of the Northern Ireland court system. This is the type of information we need to know about you. If you are not sure how to send a PM, there's a fair chance you might not be suitable just yet. Of course, if you would like your name to be removed from the list, just send another PM to NOMBot.

IMPORTANT

THIS IS NOT A ‘WAITING LIST’, and you should not assume that people will be asked to become Site Helpers in the order in which their names were added. People who can contributelink3.gif in areas of particular need will be given priority.

Under no circumstances will we enter into any discussion whatsoever about any nomination – so don’t ask.

There will be no "Dear John" letters to anyone who we don't feel is suitable and we will not discuss any reasons why you may have been overlooked. We are not Human Resources professionals and we don’t have the skills or the resources to manage a proper formal selection process, so you will either be asked to become a Site Helper or you won’t. Please don’t be offended if your name stays on the list longer than you might like. All it means is that you are not what we’re looking for at the moment. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THIS.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you may be interested. We very much appreciate the help that all our users give and remember, you don't have to have a title to do that!

How are Moderators selected?

Moderators are selected by invitation only from among the Site Helpers

Postal orders and cheques can be sent here

Reclaim the Right Ltd.

923 Finchley Road,

London, NW11 7PE

Midenmess

Could this be put on the CAG front page for all to see?

Bookie

Well, it is at the bottom of every page as it is... :shock:

I doubt if anyone ever scrolls to the bottom of every page and if they did there is no message there informing people that you can send PO's and cheques to CAG.

M2AE couldn't find how to donate by PO or cheque and I suspect neither can many others.

If CAG needs funds then they have to make it easy and obvious for people to do so.

True, but by the same score many can and do use paypal, which I'm sure is the easiest way to receive money, and is the most advertised way. (Just adding that for balance, I'm with you that we need to show as many methods of contributing as possible. My own way of trying to increase knowledge of how to help fund CAG is not only by practicing what I preach (I've made several donations, and my home page is a search that benefits CAG aswell as the toolbar that I have installed on my Firefox) but I also added a lot of this information to my signature (all being well will show after this post :razz:)

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yup, it's there :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar