lowell/cohen claimform - old MBNA/Abbey card debt **WON**

Gazza112
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chris and CitB

Thanks for looking over the directions for me, i put the same defence in as my other MBNA which CCM kindly put up for me. That one's been struck out already by the Court and that one was the one that they had a better chance in winning.

I'll wait and see what they send if anything through the post.

Gaz

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chris and CitB

Thanks for looking over the directions for me, i put the same defence in as my other MBNA which CCM kindly put up for me. That one's been struck out already by the Court and that one was the one that they had a better chance in winning.

I'll wait and see what they send if anything through the post.

Gaz

still subbing, go Gaz go :)

The following directions apply to this claim:

1) each party shall deliver to every other party and to the Court office copies of all documents (including expert's reports if the Courts has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

In my opinion this is the bit to worry about in that you can't file a proper defence until they provide the documents and as the court has asked each party to supply documents by a particular date you run the risk of not being able to file a proper defence in time.

You also have to provide a witness statement within the same timescales.

This is only my opinion and I am still learning myself so I would seek additional guidance from CitB and Car in this matter as well.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi all

Was looking at my Abbey/MBNA corrispondance and noticed that MBNA sent me a letter dated 1tth September 2008 demanding full payment by the 29th September 2008. Now considering they sent me a Default Notice on the 9th January 2009. Does this make the DN worthless, or am i plucking a straws. It's just i read on another thread that it would be deemed worthless if they demanded full payment before issueing a valid DN.

Gaz

If they sent you a formal demand for the full amount BEFORE issuing the Default notice then they have definitely created a problem for themselves me thinks.

There is a procedure to follow.. Default Notice, Formal Demand/Termination.. not the othe other way round. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

If they sent you a formal demand for the full amount BEFORE issuing the Default notice then they have definitely created a problem for themselves me thinks.

There is a procedure to follow.. Default Notice, Formal Demand/Termination.. not the othe other way round. :)

Hi CitB

Here's the letter i received in September asking for full payment.

abbeyfulldemandletter0001.jpg

Gaz

Hi All

Was just thinking what i received from the Courts directions is not in my opinion going to help me out in my case.

The reason being that the CPR 31.14 i send CL Finance and added that paperwork with my original AQ for directions to the Court.

I asked the Claiment for all documents including 6 years statements off accounts.

So looking at the Courts Directions they've dismissed what i asked for in my AQ's.

Do you think it would be worthwhile in sending a N244 to the Courts just to be on the safe side.

Gaz

Hi Gazza, I am not sure whether that letter could be taken to be a termination letter.

If you havent received the documents requested, then I would say that they havent complied.

I think you need the assistance of CCM or andy orch for this one.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitB

Thanks for looking at that for me, It was only that they where demanding the full amount in the letter that i would thought could be classed as Termination. I'll get CCM to have a look at it.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just a quick update on things on this post.

Still not had any paperwork back from Howard Cohen/CL Finance, allthough the Court date is not until the 28th September.

I've contacted my Court who's dealing with this case, and managed to get a copy of CL Finance AQ's they submitted.

Must say there AQ's is very vague to say the least.

But other than that been very quiet on all mt threads.

Gaz

That's good things have quietened down a bit, Gazza.. make the most of it:)

BCOBS

Hi CitB

There's an old saying never open your mouth when you think things are quiet :eek::eek:.

Received another threatagram on one of my other threads today.

Oh well there goes the quiet life, back to the drawing board :D.

Gaz

:D congrats,

there seems to be a trend with mands at the moment ;)

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

:D congrats,

there seems to be a trend with mands at the moment ;)

Ida x

I agree Ida, we need more who cave in early.................

Another good team effort. Its good to see some more Scottish cases going the right way:roll:...........................

Oooooooooh, shoot :mad:

BCOBS

Hi All

Just need a bit of help with this one in what to do.

As you know Howard Cohen/CL Finance are taking me to Court on this account.

They've not replied to my CPR 31.14 and only put there AQ's in on the last day.

With the Judges order for directions and Howard Cohen not sending me any paperwork i'm a bit confused as to what to do.

As i do need to put in something in writing to the Courts to explain why i'm not submitting any paperwork for my defence.

Here's Howard Cohens AQ that i managed to get a copy of from the Courts.

HowardCohenAQs0001.jpg

HowardCohenAQs0002.jpg

HowardCohenAQs0003-1.jpg

This is the order and directions the Courts sent out a few weeks back.

It says the following:

The following directions apply to this claim:

1) each party shall deliver to every other party and to the Court office copies of all documents (including expert's reports if the Courts has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely at the hearing.

2) The copies shall be delivered no later than fourteen days before the hearing.

3) The original documents shall be brought to the hearing.

4) Signed statements setting out the evidence of all the witnesses (including expert witnesses if permission has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included documents mentioned in paragraph 1. This includes the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

5) The Court must be informed immediately if the case is settled by agreement before the hearing date.

Gaz

Edited by Gazza112

You could go for a strike out as it seems they haven't complied with the courts orders...(when is the hearing ?), you'll have to do this on an N244. I think you might have to do a witness statement but not sure 100% on this

Hi 42man

The hearing's on the 28th September, so i have got a bit of time.

The Court sent the order on the 9th July.

Howard Cohen sent there AQ's in on the 22nd June.

Just looks like the Court, never took any notice of my directions when i sent my AQ's in.

Gaz

My opinion only, the directions look quite good in that they are asking them to provide documents they would rely on i.e agreement, assignment etc and they have asked for originals to be produced at the hearing.

It looks to me that you would need to do a witness statement and disclosure statement within the required timescale and depending on if they provide the relevant documents you would then submit an amended defence before the hearing or if they fail to comply make an application to strike it out.

As I said, my opinion only, so hope you get some additional feedback.

Regards

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

Hi Ghostdept

Thanks for that, thought i did a witness statement when i filled my AQ's in lol. So i need to file a witness statement that can be amended at a later date.

May need a little help in getting a witness statement sorted out.

Gaz

Happy to help, but look for other comments and guidance as well. ;)

Regards

-

-

-

-

-

Hi Guys (and ladies too) Beetle has not been gagged...I am here but I believe one of the site moderators moved my victory post to a different thread.....or at least I hope he was a moderator and not an M&S infiltrator with hacking experience ?

Yep, Beetles thread was moved to the success forums, those subscribed should still have been able to access it though.

For those who want to read about beetles's success you can find the thread in the following link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/dca-legal-successes/195822-m-more-court-papers.html

:D

BCOBS