CAG Christmas meet...

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P  

22 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P

• London
    • Oxford
    • Calais

I work most nearly every weekend matey, sometimes at very last minute :) I hope this clarifies the point you're trying to raise :)

As an aside I was en-route until I had the text that you were there so I decided to abort and have root canal surgery instead.

Oh u would also rather have root canel than MTM at a cag meet.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We could call it an early Easter 2010 meet and hold it in, say October 2009, TGM?

Catch the Stagecoach X4 service from Peterborough - Northampton. ;)

:)

It would be quicker for me to go london then northampton. mine to peterboruogh is 5 hours bus. Mine to london ish 3.5 hours train.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thing is i suppose that goes for other peeps too that have to come from all over :confused:

gonna be hard to please all peeps me thinks where ever it is held:rolleyes:

I know that iam just saying there are more direct routes from london to everywhere. tho if we were to hold a london meet it would be easier maybe for everyone.

Sorry about the date thing but i have to put dad first especially when hes had yet another op.

I work most nearly every weekend matey, sometimes at very last minute :) I hope this clarifies the point you're trying to raise :)

As an aside I was en-route until I had the text that you were there so I decided to abort and have root canal surgery instead.

Now Now!! Play nicely Please!:shock:

Now Now!! Play nicely Please!:shock:

Trust me this is nice.

Would it be advantageous to wear suits of armour at CAG meets???

I don't want to get caught in any crossfire so close to Xmas...:(

:eek::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Anyway, back to location....

Can we please make it more Southern this time? Bearing in mind that even by "more southern", I don't actually mean the deep South, but more South than the Midlands.

Datewise, GM, I understand that you have family commitments, but if everyone else is happy with a date in December, it might be that majority will have to rule. Speaking for myself, November is really not a good choice, and October for a xmas do is just silly! :lol:

Just reiterating for me... I like the idea of Oxford...

Brum is about as far north as I could go bearing in mind I would have to fit travelling around my work commitments... any further North than that and I may just as well turn 180deg and nip over to France...:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

France might be a bit too far for a Xmas meet :) - nice idea though

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Don't worry, MTM and I have bantered for many years, he knows I'm just messing about.

Well stop messing about and get the poll(s) started :D

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Anyway, back to location....

Can we please make it more Southern this time? Bearing in mind that even by "more southern", I don't actually mean the deep South, but more South than the Midlands.

Datewise, GM, I understand that you have family commitments, but if everyone else is happy with a date in December, it might be that majority will have to rule. Speaking for myself, November is really not a good choice, and October for a xmas do is just silly! :lol:

Bookie i understand that but i would like to make at least one cag do this year as previous dates have been wrong for me.

O was also going to ignore mtms comment re a oct due but as u commented bookie i will as i agree that idea was stupid.

Tho spams idea of france is good passport will be needed tho.

...Can we please make it more Southern this time?...more South than the Midlands.

NO...for the following reason:-

...it might be that majority will have to rule.

So that is London out of the equation. :razz:

You spurned the chance of a pleasant time in St Albans + with your FREE travel reaching as far north as Crewe you don't really have a financial prob reaching most of the better parts of England, that others may have in travelling to the Big Smoke.

...Unless chez vouz has zillions of vacancies por favor? ;)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

I didn't "spurn" anything, oh great windupmeister, I had to choose between dos and don'ts, so to speak, as my finances didn't stretch to ALL of them, and Chez Caro offered free accomodation whilst St A didn't.... The maths was easy. Likewise, Brum etc...

Zillions of vacancies Chez Bookie, no, ze chien crazy and the enfant difficile make it an unlikely proposal, sadly, otherwise, my casa would be su casa, so to speak. :-D

Don't worry, MTM and I have bantered for many years, he knows I'm just messing about.
...Especially when it comes to attending CAG meets. ;)

Peeps come from all corners of the land, some at great expense, both in time + cost.

Some have even been known to use up some of their much valued Annual Leave so as to be able attend a meet with like-minded peeps, with whom they hope that that affinity they feel for a fellow poster, is just a friend that they haven't met yet.

Xmas is an extra special time for peace & goodwill to all men + men-esses.

...Make it so.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Anywhere easy to get to and reasonable to stay 'cos me is a skint student :p

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Ok, then I vote Oxford :) Does anyone know anywhere nice to meet up?

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Hmmm...The train is not bookable yet but is expensive in November and the bus is £22 but a 2 and a half hour wait at bristol :|