CAG Christmas meet...

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P  

22 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P

• London
    • Oxford
    • Calais

Perenoelchasse.jpg

Don't throw things at me, GM told me to!!!

Ok, so apparently, we need a date and location, and a first headcount might be useful too.

There's been a few Midland-ish meets, so the Southerners amongst us would like summat a bit more close to home this time.

Suggestions so far, as far as I can make it:

London

Oxford

... and I forget what else, so make your wishes and availability known, and we'll take it from there. I'll make a pretty banner once we have settled on date and place (by which time it probably will be justified to put up xmas trees and lights, if experience has taught me anything, lol).

Edited by Bookworm
Adding pretty pic to get us in the spirit....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could do Sat 12th (Fridays in December are difficult, one is my birthday and 11th is the office Xmas do)

would prefer Oxford :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

How about the weekend of 11/12th December? (Mr Bookie wages come in that day, lol)

Sounds good to me if it's within an hours travel from London... I'll be working til 7 both days so don't wanna be too late, but it's right on top of Payday for me too...:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Can I come play this time please???

I don't care where we go as if it's passed London I get lost anyway! And I live passed London now:eek:

Got a wedding to go to on 5th & poss work do on the 12th but after last years work do:eek::eek: I think that was enough entertainment from me to last them a lifetime:eek::eek::eek:!

Cant do any w/es in dec latest i could do is 20/21st November. Sorry already booked up most of Dec.

london would be good for me but would struggle on the tube due to easily getting lost but could be a adventure b4 the party i would be down day b4 and there sould be plenty of staff to ask stupid questions to.

Edited by The GodMother

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Cant do any w/es in dec latest i could do is 20/21st November. Sorry already booked up most of Dec.

london would be good for me but would struggle on the tube due to easily getting lost.

Dads last op this year is 26th Nov. He gets discharges 1st dec with my OH caring for him till the 14th as he will only need 14 days care. The for the 16th -18 we in norwich visitng family having christmas number 1 and booze up for sisters birthday (19th dec) 19th -21st christmas 2 in croydon at OHs nans house. then the 4 further christmases fitting somewhere between 22nd and 31st.

6 christmas and numerous booze filled sessions.

Edited by The GodMother

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Would it be rude to miss the Christmas meet?? I can check out some bargain hotels! ;):D

Can't it be Manc again? :(

GKTP's suggestion of Preston is fine by me!

Bargin hotels just dont let them be the bargin u had last year will SSL be joining us?

I would like to stay as far away from oxford as possible due to family reasons. I could really go as far as peterborough or the whole of norfolk/ north suffolk, lowestoft, or london area.

For thr record guys, although I live in Birmingham now I'm not a Brummie. I was actually brought in up Oxford so know the place VERY well.

Transport links are brilliant.

For those who live in or near london you can get a bus every 5-10 minutes from Victoria, it's often much cheaper than getting a train.

Alternatively, London would be nice although accomodation prices in December will be £££££

I've had a look at hotel prices in Oxford in December and there are some quite good value hotels.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What about us poor northerners???

Never been south of sheffield.... lol

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

I'm in Yorkshire (only just) You can get a train from Sheffield or Leeds to Oxford :)

getting my map out....:rolleyes:

My fight so far:

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

:eek: all that way!!!!!

My fight so far:

yep, train connections seem pretty good from 'up ere' lol

My fight so far:

if travelling from north to south (or from South of Oxford) you can get a train direct from most big cities via Cross Country Trains. If Oxford has been chosen and a date set you will be able to take advantage of reasonably cheap fares direct from their website. For those who live in the South West you can get a train from places like Bristol, Bath or Swindon etc with Great Western.

If any of you live near Cambridge I think Stagecoach do a really good bus called the x5 which also picks up in places such as Bedford and Milton Keynes.

For thr record guys, although I live in Birmingham now I'm not a Brummie. I was actually brought in up Oxford so know the place VERY well.
Knowing/Living makes NO difference if you never turn up Sequenci. :rolleyes:

Transport links are brilliant.
Oh no they're NOT.

...Beeching cut MY direct rail link to Oxford many moons ago! :(

Alternatively, London would be nice although accomodation prices in December will be £££££
Very few peeps have ever traditionally turned up to the London meets, despite it's catchment area. :sad:

Ok, so does Oxford seem ok for, if not all, most of us?
Nope...The place is full of students who are bitter and twisted cos they couldn't get into Cambridge. :shock:

I would like to stay as far away from oxford as possible due to family reasons. I could really go as far as peterborough...
Peterborough has excellent North/South, East/West rail + road links. ;)

...An alternative unsung central-ish venue is Northampton or even Leicester.

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Knowing/Living makes NO difference if you never turn up Sequenci. :rolleyes:

Those in the know are fully aware of why I couldn't make Friday matey.

Oh no they're NOT.

...Beeching cut MY direct rail link to Oxford many moons ago! :(

Drive/Bus?

Very few peeps have ever traditionally turned up to the London meets, despite it's catchment area. :sad:

That puts paid to that idea

Nope...The place is full of students who are bitter and twisted cos they couldn't get into Cambridge. :shock:

They have usually gone home for Christmas by the end of November.

Peterborough has excellent North/South, East/West rail + road links. ;)

I didn't know that!

...An alternative unsung central-ish venue is Northampton or even Leicester.

Good call altho both places are not very asthetically pleasing!

What about one of my earlier suggestions - Huntingdon? it's on good rail links (although I still prefer the idea of Oxford - only ever been there for a day and liked it).

I'd prefer not to do London (too expensive to travel and stay in December). Leicester & Peterborough are supposed to be a bit "wild" at weekends aren't they?

That puts paid to that idea

I think MTM's memory seems somewhat more pickled by the alcohol consumed at those meets, Seq. ;-)Caro will vouch that the London meets have usually a dozen people turning up, which is no more or no less than most CAGmeets elsewhere. So don't dismiss it just yet. ;-)