CAG Christmas meet...

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P  

22 Caggers have voted

1. 1. Location? (not biased at ALL!) :-P

• London
    • Oxford
    • Calais

...Does anyone know anywhere nice to meet up?
Yep......Royal Leamington Spa.

:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Leamington!

Never been there so can't comment...

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

You do realise of course if we do a booze cruise and want an overnight stay there is accommodation which can be arranged... nearer Boulogne than Calais but will sleep about 10 people if you don't mind comfy chairs and even more with sleeping bags. Nice open fireplace and staggering distance of excellent local bars and eateries....

oxford is super 4 me

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

... not Royal Leamington Spa.
At the risk of upsetting a potential generous host/ess and spurning their offer of hospitality for zillions...

St Albans

...as an alternative perhaps, maybe, possibly??

:|

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

(Jules Winnfield)

I like the concept of the Booze Cruise SG1

...But the Hull - Zeebrugge ferry is much more central for peeps. ;)

(Jules Winnfield)

Don't mind doing Hull - Zeebrugge either, haven't done that trip yet, but have been on other routes and suitably seasick depending on the choppiness (and the quality (or lack of) breakfast and booze the night before. Best one coming home was on Rodin superferry, second crossing, and I directed a friend down three dead ends and one no through road on the way home I went that way walking and forgot car couldn't do the route!

Anywhere really is fine by me - depending on timing.

I now note that the voting has ben put up.

May I ask what voting system is in use first past the post? proportional? First preference?

Also earlier in the thread I noted that soemone was saying how will we recognise each other. I will be easy to recognise ....

Look for he guy wearing Kevlar :D

GK

What's wrong with Cardiff? If football hooligans can find it and get here easily then so can we :D Plus it's only 20 miles from me :D

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

I like the idea of a booze cruise, but it would cost me an absolute fortune to get to Dover, so it's not an option for me.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

There's a very good travel lodge located within the bar and club districts:

Travelodge - Hotel overview

There are good range of room prices for 4 adults:

Travelodge - Search and book

Travelodge is strictly NON-smoking throughout.

:(

(Jules Winnfield)

I like the idea of a booze cruise, but it would cost me an absolute fortune to get to Dover, so it's not an option for me.
That's why I probs posted the following....before you did...:rolleyes:

I like the concept of the Booze Cruise SG1

...But the Hull - Zeebrugge ferry is much more central for peeps. ;)

:cool:

(Jules Winnfield)