GRRRR - not wearing seatbelt fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother always wore a seatbelt but his habit was to start up and then put belt on whilst coming off his drive. Police saw him one day and fined him. They said he'd seen them and that was why he'd put belt on. Not true, he hadn't seen them, it was just his normal routine, but he had to take the hit and learn from it!

So belt on before starting car just in case!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely use any discretion with seatbelt offences.

I've seen the consequences and it's not nice.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) most members of the public don't see the outcomes, and we become the bad guys.

Its one of those seemingly innocuous actions that can lead to a whole series of events never intended or expected.

That said, I've done my share of silly / stupid things in the past too! :)

See?

Peanuts CAN be dangerous for some people!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

at the end of the day an officer could be handing out fines because one of them seen the offence and the other can easily back it up, so without any evidince your handed a fine and you have to accept the fine or face the consequences because why would any officer lie :eek: :eek:

and for your info, my dad was killed in a car accident in 2004, a younger driver was travelling round a bend on the wrong side of the road as he had been overtaking on a bit of country road unsuitable for overtaking, so my dad was travelling to work and taking a left hand bend only to be met by another car, my dad was killed, died at hospital, the other driver was badly injured and survived and got 4 years in jail.

many may criticise me but this experience has not caused me to become a safer driver.

Anyhoo who needs seatbelts in a 54k (when new) range rover them lovley soft airbags will save me and the range rover is a big safe car:-D :-D

the range rover is sold , i have no job and a stinking fine to pay.

at the end of the day an officer could be handing out fines because one of them seen the offence and the other can easily back it up, so without any evidince your handed a fine and you have to accept the fine or face the consequences because why would any officer lie :eek: :eek:

and for your info, my dad was killed in a car accident in 2004, a younger driver was travelling round a bend on the wrong side of the road as he had been overtaking on a bit of country road unsuitable for overtaking, so my dad was travelling to work and taking a left hand bend only to be met by another car, my dad was killed, died at hospital, the other driver was badly injured and survived and got 4 years in jail.

many may criticise me but this experience has not caused me to become a safer driver.

Anyhoo who needs seatbelts in a 54k (when new) range rover them lovley soft airbags will save me and the range rover is a big safe car:-D :-D

But the officer saw you not wearing your seatbelt. (You also told us you weren't) and you were dealt with on that basis, despite the fact you told him you were. The evidence is from that officer at the very least.

And yes, the officer could be on his first patrol and never have seen a serious or fatal collision and still enforce the law. What is the problem with that?

Your dad's accident is exactly the point about lives being ruined. Some need not be.

Edited by TD27
Update

But the officer saw you not wearing your seatbelt. (You also told us you weren't) and you were dealt with on that basis, despite the fact you told him you were. The evidence is from that officer at the very least.

And yes, the officer could be on his first patrol and never have seen a serious or fatal collision and still enforce the law. What is the problem with that?

Your dad's accident is exactly the point about lives being ruined. Some need not be.

its my word against his but if his female partner decides to back him up then its tough titties for me. I know the other officer never saw anything. So if im guilty or not i would be found guilty with no evidience if it went to court.

yeah lives have been ruined in my family but i still drive the same way i always did, i wish i was a better driver but i am mentally incapable. :(

Fester Tester = Plonker

"You were driving. With a baby in the car. Eating nuts, one of which dropped, and you thought it was a good idea to unclip your belt and go searching for that nut whilst in motion? And it took you a while to notice them following you?

Thank goodness you got stopped before your total stupidity killed somebody."

Do you have a problem with driving with a baby in a car- eating whilst driving a 10mph- or not wearing a seatbelt for around 45 seconds...........Yes an old fester tester may be liable to be stupidly killed if they walked out in front of me even at 10mph....get real

Such negative vibes do not do anyone any good.

Judemental people eh!

Get off the road NOW. Sell your car. You have a mental disability which has impaired your ability to drive safely.

its my word against his but if his female partner decides to back him up then its tough titties for me. I know the other officer never saw anything. So if im guilty or not i would be found guilty with no evidience if it went to court.

yeah lives have been ruined in my family but i still drive the same way i always did, i wish i was a better driver but i am mentally incapable. :(

How do you know the other officer saw nothing?

Why would the first officer lie? If you are correct he randomly pulled you, took a guess that you weren't wearing a seatbelt, (just happened to be correct) but of course he wouldn't know that (again, if your assertion is correct) and his colleague will of course just back him up??? All for a seatbelt ticket???? (They could have given you a producer and it would count the same on their performance indicator)

I'm sorry, but in my experience I find that highly unlikely. A potential charge of perverting, not to mention perjury to stick you on for some random offence, in this case a seatbelt.

The evidence is the statement of the officer. The magistrates would listen to what you both had to say and make a decision based on that.

If you were convicted you would be convicted on whatever evidence was put before the court. Verbal, written or visual.

Get off the road NOW. Sell your car. You have a mental disability which has impaired your ability to drive safely.

and

Anyhoo who needs seatbelts in a 54k (when new) range rover them lovley soft airbags will save me and the range rover is a big safe car:grin: :grin:

i've got to agree.

very strange attitude to others, sounds like its our fault and other humans will have to pay...even maybe with their lives...

and all because one didnt wear a seatbelt.

sounds very much like that advert, you know the one with the bartender that goes thru all the diff scenarios, when he asks the lad "what will it be then?"

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and

Anyhoo who needs seatbelts in a 54k (when new) range rover them lovley soft airbags will save me and the range rover is a big safe car:grin: :grin:

i've got to agree.

very strange attitude to others, sounds like its our fault and other humans will have to pay...even maybe with their lives...

and all because one didnt wear a seatbelt.

sounds very much like that advert, you know the one with the bartender that goes thru all the diff scenarios, when he asks the lad "what will it be then?"

dx

:? :???: :???:

I'm usually a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to things like this and try to see every point of view. However, on this occassion I have to ask why this thread is continuing? Bertie has admitted that he didn't have a seatbelt on and, consequently, was seen by the police and fined. All it boils down to is Bertie feeling aggrieved at being caught. We would all feel like that but what is being said is that really Bertie just wants to get away with it. Why? You did wrong and got caught so what's the problem with paying the consequences?

I also think that if you are mentally incapable of changing your driving habits then maybe you shouldn't be on the road. The comments about the big car and the soft airbags might be made tongue in cheek, but it brings home the actual attitude of of some drivers when they think their car is in some way superior. I, too, drive a landrover (although Bertie would probably look down on it as being old and past it) but I would never dream of not putting on my seatbelt and relying on its somewhat tank like build and an airbag to protect me in the event of an accident.

I'm sure Bertie that you will take offence at my comments. That's fine. But you got caught with your pants down and you just don't like it do you?

I'm usually a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to things like this and try to see every point of view. However, on this occassion I have to ask why this thread is continuing? Bertie has admitted that he didn't have a seatbelt on and, consequently, was seen by the police and fined. All it boils down to is Bertie feeling aggrieved at being caught. We would all feel like that but what is being said is that really Bertie just wants to get away with it. Why? You did wrong and got caught so what's the problem with paying the consequences?

I also think that if you are mentally incapable of changing your driving habits then maybe you shouldn't be on the road. The comments about the big car and the soft airbags might be made tongue in cheek, but it brings home the actual attitude of of some drivers when they think their car is in some way superior. I, too, drive a landrover (although Bertie would probably look down on it as being old and past it) but I would never dream of not putting on my seatbelt and relying on its somewhat tank like build and an airbag to protect me in the event of an accident.

I'm sure Bertie that you will take offence at my comments. That's fine. But you got caught with your pants down and you just don't like it do you?

your stating the obvious are you not, well done you :D

just because i said i was driving my rangie i never claimed it to be new or even newish:roll:

Well said Mrs Blackadder

just unable to take anyones advice, you came on here looking for sympathy, but didnt get any

look mr tiny final brain cell, i wanted a get out of jail card and did not get one, is that just too much to expect in this unfair country :D :D :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5380 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks