All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will indeed it is already a win but not official yet they will be backing down and offering compensation to shut me up.

I am working on it at this very moment.

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

There you go thanks for pointing this out.

Regards

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

Optima Legal Services

Arndale House

Charles Street

Bradford

BD1 1UN 28th September 2009

Ref:

Dear

I write with grave concern regarding the illegal practises your litigation department carry out. This is not an isolated case as my research has found out.

On the 24th September 2009 I received a letter informing me that I was in default of a tomlin order within that letter was a standing order form containing one of Optima Legal’s bank accounts.

I will now point out at no time at the trial on the 15th June 2009 was I told that all monies had to be paid to your company in fact I was assured that my account with MBNA Europe bank Ltd (MBNA) had not been terminated so one assumed that the monies was payable to MBNA.

To that end I attempted to make payment to that account only to find that the account was indeed terminated.

I now ask myself WHY I was not told off this payment arrangement sooner was it to force me into default so you could get your hands on my house.

Since my case of the 15th June 2009 many issues have come to light that puts you and MBNA in a grave situation.

MBNA knew they would not win the case because of the way you have handled it I believe you also knew hence why you sent a pupil barrister to the trail to salvage what you could I also believe you must have got a right telling off from MBNA.

Now there are more serious issues regarding abuse of process and contempt of court and failing to uphold standards set by the Solicitors regulation authority.

You are also officers of the court and had a duty to uphold that capacity.

I enclose with this letter copies of extracts that have been forwarded to me and I must point out I have checked what has been said and it is true and ties in with the witness statements I have.

If you wish to proceed to court to lift the stay I welcome you to do so then you will be exposed to the court how you have handled the case.

I will also be calling the people responsible to court to answer to there actions.

What you have done is a very serious matter and it cannot be left to lie it is now a matter of public interest and the general public need to know so an article to the media is not out of the question.

I will also be making a complaint to the Solicitor’s Regulation Authority, The Ministry of Justice and the Financial Services Authority.

Copies of this letter have been sent to MBNA and I give you 7 days to give me answers if you fail I will apply to the court to have the stay lifted and the case re-opened and complaints will be forwarded to the regulators above.

The letter above will be in the post tomorrow. i got nothing to lose.

PF

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

• 1 year later...

Do we automatically subscribe to a post just by replying?

It seems despite all these years, MBNA still have not learnt how to treat their customers fairly and with understanding of people's changed circumstances especially in a recession!

The more people know about their IMO dubious practices, the better. Beware of their 0% balance transfers and then they put up your rates massively over time. That's what happened to us with no warning that we could freeze interest in line with the new OFT regulations in Jan'09.

DemandFairness

Do we automatically subscribe to a post just by replying?

It seems despite all these years, MBNA still have not learnt how to treat their customers fairly and with understanding of people's changed circumstances especially in a recession!

The more people know about their IMO dubious practices, the better. Beware of their 0% balance transfers and then they put up your rates massively over time. That's what happened to us with no warning that we could freeze interest in line with the new OFT regulations in Jan'09.

DemandFairness

Take a look at this http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2010/136-10

Not that it will change how MBNA behave or treat their customers for one min

Thanks

Scrapper Coco 8-)

Edited by the_shadow
Changed to a more "friendly" URL link

"I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Scrapper vs MBNA Partial Settlement Success. Saved £13,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc PPI Reclaim Success £5,500 :lol:

Scrapper vs Barclaycard Partial Settlement Success. Saved £6,000 :lol:

Scrapper vs Tesco's FOS upheld complaint. Possible court action to get default removed

Scrapper vs Egg (Barclaycard) Awaiting FOS

Scrapper vs Barclays Bank Plc Offered made & Refused. This means war :-x

Scrapper vs Barclaycard (Cabot) Waiting 4 years for CCA. Cabot advised irresolvable :lol:

Scrapper vs Intelligent Finance. Success

Scrapper vs Picture (Webb Resolutions) Success

Beginner's guide

Advice & opinions given by Scrapper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Thanks Scrapper. I've looked at the link and the site may be useful too, if their rates and loan information are not old ones before the credit crunch that is.

However, does anyone know if you pay off the credit card debt, through loan or otherwise, would that prevent you pursuing a claim for past interest and unfair charges from MBNA?

I tried to vote for your petition about holding data for 3 years but it says it's closed. So did the government agree to do something about it or not?

Thanks,

DemandFairness

If this is not the correct forum to ask these questions, where do I ask them?

1) Does anyone know if you pay off the credit card debt, through loan or otherwise, would that prevent you pursuing a claim for past interest and unfair charges from MBNA?

2) I tried to vote for Scrapper's petition about holding data for 3 years but it says it's closed. So did the government agree to do something about it or not? This would be very useful to know as a decision tactic.

BTW, am I allowed to PM Scrapper to ask him this last question as nobody has answered the petition question (and I have to make a decision very soon) or is that forbidden?

Thanks

DemandFairness

Virgin credit cards furnished by MBNA, why not ask BRANSON what he thinks of what they get up to in his name?

http://twitter.com/richardbranson

He doesn't answer me! :lol:

Too true, anyone succeeded yet? We only took out a Virgin card because we admired him, little did we know or see the tiny print on the application form that it was run by MBNA :(

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've been browsing and I wouldn't mind a little help just finding the bits of this thread that will help me but first I'd like to say it warms my heart to know so many people have cost MBNA in time and money dealing with all of the complaints and requests for information etc.

I would love to know what they've spent on their complaints budget!

Anyway, I've received copies of my CCA for 2 MBNA cards I hold.

Both of which are currently at rates above 25%

I believe there's been some discussion on here about CCA's being dodgy? Where can I find more about that and any outcomes?

I also read a bit somewhere about excessive interest being refunded?

I've sent in a complaint about the high rates and asking them to provide a detailed explanation of why the rates are so high and I'm waiting for a reply.

I phoned them in the past when the rates were even higher and the phone operator was able to take a few %age points off over the phone there and then.

It was at that point I realised MBNA must be simply making up the numbers with absolutely no justification.

Do card companies have to justify their rates?

I've also got an EGG card at 29.9% and they've told me the rates are based on:

1/ Economic conditions - regardless of the low BBR they can offer new customers a lower rate so clearly the economic conditions are not a factor.

2/ Credit profile - on my credit report all my accounts are 'satisfactory' so that's not it....

3/ Account management - I've never breached the T's & C's so that's not it either....

So I've asked them for a detailed justification.

Has anyone done this?

If they can't justify the rise will I be able to claim back excess interest since the rise?

Although getting that out of them could be like swimming in treacle....

If this is not the correct forum to ask these questions, where do I ask them?

1) Does anyone know if you pay off the credit card debt, through loan or otherwise, would that prevent you pursuing a claim for past interest and unfair charges from MBNA?

2) I tried to vote for Scrapper's petition about holding data for 3 years but it says it's closed. So did the government agree to do something about it or not? This would be very useful to know as a decision tactic.

BTW, am I allowed to PM Scrapper to ask him this last question as nobody has answered the petition question (and I have to make a decision very soon) or is that forbidden?

Thanks

DemandFairness

Your question regarding the Petition is answered below :)

http://www.hmg.gov.uk/epetition-responses/petition-view.aspx?epref=CreditRA

This petition is to get the time Credit reference agencies hold our data for down to 3 years in line with europe.

The current 6 years is to long, reducing it would be fair and proper and would also boost the economy by removing negative data of those who have made poor financial descisions in the past and allowing them to move forward.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA/

Government response

Data retention by Credit Reference Agencies is a matter for the Information Commissioner’s Office. The Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest. Their work includes agreeing specific business-sector requirements and this six year rule is one of those agreements. The government has no present plans to single out this area for exceptional treatment.

The Government is passing legislation to establish a new Consumer Protection and Markets Authority; you can read more about that at the following link - http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/fin_consumer_protection.htm

The Government is very focused on creating conditions for growth and all options are under constant review. The government’s economic analysis and policy response is formally reviewed each year in the Budget Report. The Chancellor has announced that the date of the next Budget will be the 23rd of this month. Coverage will be available online at the following link – http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/2011budget.htm

xx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D