All MBNA Caggers Fight Against MBNA's underhand tactics

pompeyfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NEWBIE DN & Partial Settlement Advice - Please Help!

Have 2 MBNA Cards in defult since Dec08. Was making late minimum payments Apr08 to Dec08 though I've been unemployed (victim of ageism ...). Received 2 Default Notices Jul09 and Partial Settlement letter dated couple days earlier. I need guidance PLEASE from you all on any/all of the question below, preferably based on recent experience with MBNA:

Please see below, however:

Q1. Any truth in media ads suggesting all debts and charges on CCA before Apr 2007 can be written off? What's been your experience with MBNA? How long does this process take? My A&L Card dates back from 2003 (MUG).

Not quite that simple but advice will follow.

Partial Settlement covers total of both card balances as at Jul07. These balances are way over Credit Limits because Highway Robbers have been slapping CRIMINAL interest each month since late 08, plus Late Default Sum and Over Limit Default Sum.

Partial Settlement offer equates to 30% to pay of these Inflated Balances. They will register remainder of Inflated Balances, ie. 70%, with CRA's. They say they "MBNA will not pursue the matter any further".

MBNA wont, but with a short settlement, this will be sold to a DCA, who will persue for the ballance.

Q2. What are my chances to get them to base partial settlement on Balances as at Dec08?

Q3. Am I likely to be able to negotiate a better offer?

Not that I can afford to pay the 30% within 60 days from my JSA! I trust my Friend (just one ... sad!) & Family will continue to support until I can start earning my own salary again.

Start a new MBNA thread.

Q4. I think my balances have been "Charged Off" Jun08. What does that mean in terms of my ability to negotiate, e.g. winding the clock back to Dec08 balances?

Charged off by MBNA against Tax

Q5. Any of you had luck getting through to 'Customer Assistance' on 01244 674515 (No. given on my Partial Settlement Letter)? My calls keep going to voicemail !!??

Never call them. Always in writing

You will need to start a thread of your own, then others can find it easier.

• Haha 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You will need to start a thread of your own, then others can find it easier.

Thank you diddydicky and & vint1954 for your quick responses.

New thread:

All MBNA Default Notice & Partial Settlement Matters

I look forward to more guidance ...

:cool:Licensed to Struggle :-x

If you are unsure of whether they got the letter, etc and you did not send a payment, start over again to make sure. They have to respond in 12+2 days anyway. Send a postal order for one pound with this letter (do not use cheques or use your real signature, they have been know to cut and paste signatures onto CCAs, so use something obviously different to you usual signature):

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx

YOUR REF: xxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

With reference to the above account, I request that you send me a true copy of this credit agreement before I will correspond further on this matter.

This is my right under the legislation contained within section 77 (1) and section 78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, and I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request.

Your obligation also extends to providing me with a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order, which represents payment of the statutory fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act. I understand that a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days from the date of this letter.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act, creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

Also, since you are a Debt Collection Agency, I would also ask that you supply a signed true copy of the executed deed of assignment for the above referenced agreement. This is an obligation, whether you are the original creditor or not, under section 189 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

For the sake of clarity, may I also draw your attention to the following:

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.175

Where under this Act a person is deemed to receive a notice or payment as agent of the creditor or owner under the regulated agreement, he shall be deemed to be under a contractual duty to the creditor or owner to transmit the notice, or remit the payment, to him forthwith.

In summary, I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT AND THEREFORE REQUIRE YOU TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS BY PROVIDING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION BEFORE I CORRESPOND FURTHER :

1. True copy of original signed executed credit agreement

2. FULL Statement of account

3. Copy of the executed deed of assignment from (original creditor) and (DCA)

4. A fair processing notice.

As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued.

Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested.

Further to the above, please ensure that any contact by yourselves is made in writing only to the above address. Telephone calls and personal visits will not be accepted and viewed as harassment.

I look forward to hearing from you within the statutory time limit.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Hi Alis

Thank you for your detailed posts, some of which I have browsed.

I am a Newbie in serious debt. I wonder can you give me further specific guidance :

- Can I request CCA on my Egg Card and follow through process you have outlined here if I have not maintained minimum payments for many months?

- I have this week received demand for payment from 3rd Party: Fredrickson International Ltd, Debt Collection Service. Anyone have experience of these guys?

- I have not been able to use their online service because they disabled my online access after couple of missed payments. I think they had been charging me PPI. How does this affect my situation?

I have also more issues and questions under New Thread "All MBNA Default Notice & Partial Settlement " if anyone can HELP PLEASE

Amen to that Vint:D

Hi DD or anyone with time to spare please

Have just received post envelope marked MBNA, opened it expecting it to be pay up or else letter but no it was the response to 1 out of 2 MBNA cca i requested for hubby. At first I opened it up and saw his signature bottom right hand we both said oh nooooooo I was in shock, he went pale then I said lets sit down look at it properly.

OK we have calmed down now, it is priority application form came in post 1997, MBNA Silver card. It does say under application form credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.:mad:

Attached by staple on another sheet is terms and conditions of use. It is in tiny tiny writing we have no chance of reading it properly.

Shall we scan and put on here omitting all personels would someone take a look for me.

I wonder why they sent one and not the other:rolleyes:.

Ang

Have just received post envelope marked MBNA, opened it expecting it to be pay up or else letter but no it was the response to 1 out of 2 MBNA cca i requested for hubby. At first I opened it up and saw his signature bottom right hand we both said oh nooooooo I was in shock, he went pale then I said lets sit down look at it properly.

OK we have calmed down now, it is priority application form came in post 1997, MBNA Silver card. It does say under application form credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.:mad:

Attached by staple on another sheet is terms and conditions of use. It is in tiny tiny writing we have no chance of reading it properly.

Shall we scan and put on here omitting all personels would someone take a look for me.

Ang

Have you tried looking through the library of agreements to see if there is one similar to yours?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/609-mbna-agreementsapplication-forms

If not scan up minus personal details and I'm sure someone will advise further:-)

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Ang

There are lots of agreements in the library that you can check it against.

If you want to scan it to your own thread and post the link here, that will be the best option.

Ang

lets hope that the sheet "attached by staple" contains the prescribed terms then!!

How many Heads of Customer Assitance do this lot have. Another one on the scene today.

If you click on my name and search my threads I've got one detailing the Heads of Customer Service actual job titles.

After 6 or 7 ranty letters to all and sundry at MBNA including (one of??) the VP I had a letter back from her giving the titles. Utter boll*** in the letter (similar to 'we find this the best way to treat our moron customers who couldn't possibly work out who was who if we told you all the different names'), but she did give 5 or 6 alternative titles.

Then I got a letter from a new Head of Customer Assistance about 2 weeks after:rolleyes::mad:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

If you click on my name and search my threads I've got one detailing the Heads of Customer Service actual job titles.

After 6 or 7 ranty letters to all and sundry at MBNA including (one of??) the VP I had a letter back from her giving the titles. Utter boll*** in the letter (similar to 'we find this the best way to treat our moron customers who couldn't possibly work out who was who if we told you all the different names'), but she did give 5 or 6 alternative titles.

Then I got a letter from a new Head of Customer Assistance about 2 weeks after:rolleyes::mad:

Martin Supple not listed there then.

Hi

Had a look through cca template library nothing exactly like mine, can any one help me how do I post it on here. I have scanned it to my photo album on computer how do I get it here from there please any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ang

Hi

Had a look through cca template library nothing exactly like mine, can any one help me how do I post it on here. I have scanned it to my photo album on computer how do I get it here from there please any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ang

Hi ang,

you can use Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket to post. Start your own thread and post the link here so others can take a look.

Good luck:):)

Hi

Thanks

Ang

Hey Angmarie, I just looked at Joemay's advise and all may be fine there in case excuse this comment:

If you have just scanned you documents they the image will have your Name & Address and Other Private Details. :!: You Must Not Post these detail on this or Any Other site where there is open Access. :!:

Your Scanning Software if recent should have an OCR - Optical Character Recognition button/faccility. This will convert all you scanned text into wordproccessing text. You can use this in any WP package to delete or Overwrite any Private Information.

I of course don't know if the site Joemay provided link to has OCR type facilities to help protect your personal information

Easier to use photobucket then use the drawing tools (rubber) to scrub out any personal details then just save again.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I wish i could re assure all you guys out there who have this (understandable) fear of someone coming to the house because the reality is (not that they appear all that often) is that it is a total non event

he /she says hello

you say who are you

they say who they are

you say (as you are closing the door) please leave You were not invited and are now trespassing

they will NOT threaten you

They will NOt force their way into your house

they will JUST try to get you into a conversation (difficult if you closed the door)

If they hang around- just phone the police

they really do not have ANY POWER whatsoever other than to try and engage you in conversation

This is good information from DD. These people have NO powers whatsoever. They must leave your property if asked.

You'd think wouldn't you:mad:

Have a look at Pinky69's thread (you'll have to search the name and find the threads they've started from their id page) about the defaults they're trying to get removed. It's a complete nightmare.

It is possible, but it's seriously hard work from what I've read.

Car2403 threads are also a good source of information regarding the removal of defaults:D

I think I saw UD had already posted details of the Dispatches programme that is being shown tomorrow, Monday, 20th July on Channel 4 at 8pm. Just posting a reminder that it is on.:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hey Angmarie, I just looked at Joemay's advise and all may be fine there in case excuse this comment:

If you have just scanned you documents they the image will have your Name & Address and Other Private Details. :!: You Must Not Post these detail on this or Any Other site where there is open Access. :!:

Your Scanning Software if recent should have an OCR - Optical Character Recognition button/faccility. This will convert all you scanned text into wordproccessing text. You can use this in any WP package to delete or Overwrite any Private Information.

I of course don't know if the site Joemay provided link to has OCR type facilities to help protect your personal information

Hi James

I have taken all personnel info out, thanks

Ang