Nemo - Repossession hearing please help***SUSPENDED***

isoprox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not all courts have them, but it is becoming more common. A lot of courts also have CAB advisors.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick

One of the things that helped me was and I know things help poeple in diferent ways,I just kept saying to my self is the worst thing can happen to me is they take the house so what, they cant send me to jail, im not a criminal, they cant cut my arms and legs off, the poeple and the judge are no better than me.

I know what you mean about bumping into someone, that is what i thought, however like El says they are probably in the same boat,but also they wont be in the room at the same time.

On another note the room is not intimidating at all.

please dont worry its not that bad:D

Honestly it is very infomal especially in the early stages and as for meeting people you know the sheet will say app which meens an application so people dont even know its a repossession unless its the first time I met some one once that I knew they had the same thing and we just comisirated said it wasnt our fault just the Company being unreasonable and left it at that and of course your not going to tell any one youve seen someone there otherwise they know you were there so dont worry

Were in court o the 2nd as we are trying to get some money we are owed it will be sandwiched between repros I suspect so they will probally think thats why we are there :D Ive given up worring we went through hell for 4 years and no one knew not familly children neighbours honestly at the moment everyone is just trying to survive rather than worry about other peoples problems unless there on here of course we all care about everyone

• 3 years later...

back in 2008 I had a possession order suspended as long as i kept to the repayents plus £88.00 on top of the normal payment of a secured loan,

however since then i have fallen behind on 5 monthly payments

have just received a letter from the loan company

stating that they are now going to apply the court for possession of our property

and wil take four to six weeks and will be given notice of the date and time

is there anything i can do to stop this please help

Yes there is. At this stage I would say your best bet is to call them and try to come to a payment arrangement with them. They might delay going to the solicitors while it is being considered, or they might not.

Are you able to say how much the arrears are, what the reason for them is and are you able to pay them back going forward, and if so over what period?

Are they saying they are starting the possession claim again, or are they going to apply for an eviction notice? in either case you will have the opportunity to defend and we can help you with that.

How much were the arrears in 2008 and how much have you reduced them by since then ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

If they've already got an SPO, there would be no need for them to advise you of a time and date - so either they are indicating you will receive a Notice of Eviction (which will have the time/date on which to vacate), or they are going back to court for possession (which wouldn't make sense as they already have an SPO).

In my experience you probably don't need to worry unduly about the likely outcome of a stay application once the Notice comes through. Your arrears have reduced since the SPO, and whilst it is a problem that you have missed five payments, it is not insurmountable. You'll just need to explain to the court that there was an unexpected blip in your payment plan and that you have now rectified it. If you feel you need to reduce the arrears payment to make it more affordable, then you'll need to recalculate your I&E and work out what you can afford - then it'll need to be calculated in relation to the relevant case law.

When you get the Notice of Eviction, post back and you will receive help to complete your N244 stay application.

• 1 year later...

I am hoping someone can give me some advise, back in in 2008 i was granted a supenssion of repossion on a secured loan that I took out with Nemo finance on the basisis that I paid an extra £77.00 a month on top of the normal £287.00 which I kept up but recently over the last couple of years I have fell behind with due to financial situations, like I lost my job and and fell behind with a few things and all my finances went a little pear shaped, I have just recieved a letter from Nemos soliciters saying they have sent a letter to the court with a copy to me asking to execute the warrant of possession of the property is there anyting I can do to stop it please help

execution of possession order of mortgage help needed I am hoping someone can give me some advise, back in in 2008 i was granted a supenssion of repossion on a secured loan that I took out with Nemo finance on the basisis that I paid an extra £77.00 a month on top of the normal £287.00 which I kept up but recently over the last couple of years I have fell behind with due to financial situations, like I lost my job and and fell behind with a few things and all my finances went a little pear shaped, I have just recieved a letter from Nemos soliciters saying they have sent a letter to the court with a copy to me asking to execute the warrant of possession of the property is there anyting I can do to stop it please help

isoprox, you have found it by posting above :) It is purely an administrative move and nothing for you to worry about. An S.O.S has been sent out on your behalf.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

have you been making the actual mortgage payment at all?

have you paid anything towards the arrears?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Yes we have been making regular payments not sure but i think since 2008 we have missed about 5 payments in total, this is a secured loan on our property we have a mortgage with another company where we havnt missed any payments at all.

Is there any equity in your property?

Is the loan in joint names?

Is the house in joint names?

How much is still owing on the loan with nemo?

Are you in a position to be able to resume payments?

How long is left on the loan?

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

we have a main mortgage which we owe £70,00.00, then Nemo which they say we owe £36,00.00 and about 10 years left to pay, we have another secured loan on which is about £25,0000, house value is about £100,00.00, loan and house is in joint names, yes we are in a postion to resume payments

Ok, so the main thing is that you can resume payments, so as long as you can do that and pay something off the arrears, a judge is not going to want to force you out if your home. :-)

Have a good read of ell-enn's guide to repossession linked below. I think you'll find it very helpful.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?325527-CAG-guide-Are-you-facing-eviction-or-repossession&p=3603854#post3603854

Edited by ims21

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello there,

Find the part within the guide which deals with the resuspension of a possession order - you can do this by completing a form called n244. There *should* be a fee of £40.

What's important is to show the court that you can afford the arrangement - so an up-to-date financial statement is vital.

Hi, do you need any help with your N244 submission ?

Hi Ell-enn

Some help would be good, as I have just recieved the eviction order handed to me by the court bailiff on Wednesday my eviction date is 16/08/2013 and I am very very worried as I a wife and three small children and no where to go, also I have spoken with Nimmo Finance soliciter who said that I should fill in there income/expenditure form and he would forward this on to them and to see if they would accept my proposal to pay of the arrears should I fill this in and send it back or am I wasting valuable time ?

You should fill in your own income and expenditure form and I have affixed the one we normally use in these cases. Send it with a covering letter to the mortgage lender and copy it to the solicitors - make sure both are sent by next day delivery so you can print off the signed for receipts from the royal mail website. If you need help with the covering letter please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

You should stress that you require a response before 8th August as you will need to get your N244 into court in order to get a hearing before the eviction date of 16th August.