Nemo - Repossession hearing please help***SUSPENDED***

isoprox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you .

Sure you will be ok

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Best of luck - fingers crossed for you - update when you can.

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks for all your support,I got the posession poseponed, to be honest is wasnt very nice at all the court waiting room was jam packed with people in the same position as me and lots of bankruptcy cases, my hearing was meant to be 10.30 but I never went in front of the judge til about 11.45, I used the services of the free solicitor, she was ok to be honest she did all the negotiating with the otherside and the judge.

I hadnt realised but the repayment I had been making £252.00 plus £35.00 was not the payments I should have been making on the payment, it should have been £287.00 plus £35.00, so the otherside would not agree to the £35.00 extra, the solicitor advised me to re-do the budget planner I had already submitted, so it woukd show more left over, any way to cut a long storey short, it was put to the judge that I pay the normal payment of £287.00 plus an extra £88.00, the judge agreed this was good enough and granted the order to be suspended as long as I keep up the payments,Its not what I wanted but at least I didnt get repossesd.

Once Again thanks everybody, and a big thanks to Ell, if anyone needs some more detail on the court hearing then give me a shout !

Glad you got a positive result, even though it was for a higher payment than you wanted. Will you be able to keep that level of payment up?

Well done for being brave, I know how much you were dreading the hearing, it must be such a relief for it to be over:)

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell

Your a star thanks for all your help, god I feel so much better now,at one point I thought you were gone have to do your deed:D.

I think I will be able to as I have justed had a letter from my main mortgage compant stating that my mortgage has gone down by £100.00 at the end of Jan.

If you know of anybody who is about to go through the same thing at court I can give some advise, on what to expect in court.

Thank Ell:oops:

You're very welcome, glad I could help :)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Nick

To be honest with you, looking back now I probably made it sound worse than it was, I think the fact that I got there at 10.00am I was due in at 10.30 and the fact the place was packed out with most in the same boat made it worse, as your already worrying about whats gone happen, the usher was very nice and friendly and asked if I wanted to use the free service of the solictor which I kindly accepted,and she did all the talking with the other side and the judge, sorry I missed a bit there I didnt go in front of the judge until about 11.40, the judge was very pleasant ande understanding, as the other side were not prepared to accept monthly payments they were after repo, but the judge said no the offer was more than reasonable, its realy not as bad as your thinking, I know what your feeling but dont worry the judge is on your side believe me, GOOD LUCK

if you need further info just ask me

Nick

its realy not as bad as your thinking

As always, it's the fear of the unknown which makes this situation stressful. People picture courtrooms as they have seen them on TV - the courts which deal with repossession cases are totally different. There is only yourself, the judge (doesn't wear robes or wig), and a representative from the other side. Usually you sit round a table (or in front). The judges are very aware of the fact that you will be nervous and are usually very good at guiding you through the hearing.

Try to imagine it as a meeting rather than a "trial".

Ell

exatly as Ell says,the judge is very much on your side as long as you can prove that you can pay a little towards the arreas plus the normal payment you will be fine honestly, Ell helped me and im sure can help you.

Thanks for that and I know you're right, It's just the thought and possibility that you're going in there and could come out without a home. I'm also dreading bumping into someone I know. I know the stigma's not as bad nowadays but I've got this far without telling anyone (except the brilliant people on here) and as you'll know the worrying is just constanly at the back of your mind, last thing at night, first thing in the morning sort of thing and to go through all this on my own only to bump into someone on the day would gut me! Sorry to go on and thanks so much for trying to reduce my terror! :)

Nick, if you bump into someone you know at the court then they will be in the same position as you will they not?

Try not to think of the worst case scenario - you need to stay positive. Keep thinking of how you will feel when you leave the court knowing your home is safe :)

Well done to you:)

Hope things go better for you in the new year and the decrease in mortgage payment will help.

Bit depressing that the court was so full:(

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks for this thread as I think it is helpful to know what to expect and the picure that people have in their mind is ususally quite different to reality.

Out of interest is there normally a free solicitor available to everyone in each court?

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE