Gazza112 Vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

gazza, you havent received a copy of the agreement from Halifax have you ?.

If not, then send BankFodders OFT complaint letter in the following link, you will need to amend bits of it.

The Consumer Forums

Include a a copy of Blair Oliver's letter as well.

Then send the following to Blair Oliver Scott (enclosing a copy of the above complaint)

Dear Sir/Madam

Account in Dispute

Account No:

Your letter dated 25th March was received today.

Plese find enclosed a copy of a letter I have today sent to the Office of Fair Trading. The letter is self explanatory.

Yours faithfully

enc: Copy of complaint to OFT

:D

If you receive letters from any other DCA in respect of this account whilst Halifax are in default of your CCA request then send a complaint to the OFT regarding them as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CitizenB

Thanks for the info, i'll get that letter off first thing in the morning to OFT.

Also send Blair Oliver a copy so they can read.

No, never received an agreement from them only a made up agreement that someone else filled out. As the agreement should have the heading Leeds Building Society.

So i think there in a 2 & 8 :D:D.

Gaz

I would also wite a seperate letter advising that u are unwill to talk to them on the phone and all requests from them for you to phone them is classed as harrassement.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi CitizenB & Godmother

Dreated the letter off to OFT including the bit what Godmother said about illness. I've also included documents and letters i send to Blair and Halifax.

I've drafted a brief letter to Blair plus a copy letter that i will be sending OFT.

Gaz

Hi CitizenB & all the Cags

Right sorted out where they C..ked it up with the application.

The Application they sent me was for a visa card i took out.

The card there trying to bully me in paying is a Mastercard.

Hope when they go to Court they send the same Application and Agreement. What a load of plonkers.

So to this point not received a true copy of the agreement i ask for.

Bring on the Court proceedings, lets hit them where it hurts in there pockets.

Gaz

Gazza u owe me a keyboard and monitor.

They have been asking u to pay the wrong card then yes u have not been supplied with a true copy of the agreement.

Sice when has master card been the same as visa?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

They have been asking u to pay the wrong card then yes u have not been supplied with a true copy of the agreement.

Godmother

What happened to your Keyboard and monitor.:confused:

Gaz

Probably around the same time as LTSB decided to send me an application form for a Gold Credit card, whilst defaulting me for a platinum one :D all the letters they have sent to me have a different account number and mention this "platinum" card

Godmother

What happened to your Keyboard and monitor.:confused:

Gaz

I think Godmother probably had a mouthful of coffee when she saw your post, Gazza .. and splurted it over the keyboard and monitor.. which isnt good news for eitehr piece of equipment :lol::lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

How did u know it was coffee? well i dont drink tea and it was hot

How did u know it was coffee? well i dont drink tea and it was hot

lucky guess :lol:

BCOBS

Hi All

Just to let you know that i received Court papers back today.

It was just to say that i have acknowledge and receipt of my defence.

It says the claimant has 28 days to contact the Court after receiving a copy of my defence. Does that mean i've still have to wait 28 days from know for a reply from CL Finance.

Gaz

yep u guessed it. if they dont reply after the 21 days they have to pay to have the claim re instated.

Hi All

Just came across a thread which may be interesting about Bank Charges and how the Banks try and fob you off with out paying.

SECRET BANK MANUAL TELLS HOW TO AVOID PAYING BACK CHARGES.

The cynical methods used by one of Britain's biggest banks to avoid refunding customers' unfair bank charges are exposed today.

High Street giant Lloyds TSB, which has been accused of overcharging customers £300 million a year, has issued staff with guidelines on how to deal with complaints.

In a 16-page training pack it instructs workers to: • Reject first-time claims, even if they are legitimate.

• Offer a maximum payout of £750.

• Only offer immediate settlements to those who are "very ill" – or dying.

• Not refund or waive interest.

Banks and building societies make an estimated £1.7 billion a year from levying charges of up to £39 each time a customer goes overdrawn or bounces a cheque.

Since Financial Mail on Sunday and consumer groups began highlighting these "unfair" profits and campaigning for a fairer system, millions of customers have asked their banks for a refund of the charges.

Lloyds TSB has been so inundated with claims for refunds that it has set up a special Recovery Centre at its offices in Andover, Hampshire – and has had to draft in agency workers to help its hundreds of "customer care" staff.

The training booklet is the first concrete written evidence of the banks' seeming determination to cheat their clients out of reclaiming the fees.

One complaint handler for the bank, who contacted The Mail on Sunday, said: "Cynical does not even begin to describe it.

"I was placed by a recruitment agency, working from 5pm until 1am for about £200 a day to work in this nondescript building on the outskirts of Andover.

"I was one of about 50 people just dealing with complaints about service charges – we were told the bank was receiving more than 500 a day.

"This training pack was given to me on my first morning and I was told I had to adhere to it as this was the company policy – no deviating.

"The booklet was telling us to reject customers asking for refunds, then to palm the more persistent ones off with nuisance money."

He added: "It did not matter if the charges had been unfair or if the records showed the applicant was owed thousands of pounds in refunds.

"We were told to offer those who wrote in after the initial rejection refunds of up to £750 – but for most the claim was going back five to ten years, meaning the money people were owed ran into the thousands.

"The bank's attitude was very much that they could take it or leave it and we were always told that it was to be stated that this was a goodwill offer, and in no way an acceptance that the customer had a case."

The Banking Ombudsman investigates complaints from customers about their bank, but it is a lengthy and time- consuming process.

Banks, for example, are given up to eight weeks to respond to the original complaint.

"Offering people £750 to just go away was a quick and easy option,' said the Lloyds TSB worker.

"We would tell them it would be in their bank in two days. What none of them knew was that they could still pursue the bank for the rest of the money."

This year, bank customers have reclaimed more than £200 million in overdraft fees.

Campaigners argue the real cost to a bank for a bounced cheque is only £2.50.

Andrew Oxlade, Editor of The Mail on Sunday's financial website This Is Money, which has led the campaign to highlight unfair bank charges, said: "One has always strongly suspected that bank staff have not come up with these sort of dirty tricks on their own, particularly when they sometimes sound like they are reading from a set script.

"Now we have the first concrete evidence that at least one of the big banks is actually schooling workers in underhand tactics. It is quite simply appalling."

The Lloyds TSB training manual carries the distinctive prancing horse logo and describes as Complex Cases anyone writing in for a refund for the first time.

It says: "We tend to reject these unless there is evidence that a customer is vulnerable."

In another section, under the Paying Out Rules, it tells staff of a £750 Payment Rule and says any pending charges for a customer accepting the offer are to be waived.

The document says customers have to be "very ill" to be considered vulnerable in order to get an immediate refund.

It also states: "Death cases: if you identify the customer has died since complaining, or a party is claiming on behalf of the deceased, DO NOT DEAL.

"Clearly indicate that it is a death case and pass it to your team leader."

And on the media, the document says: "Any cases with mention of Press involvement or threats of media need to be passed to your team leader immediately. Do not review these cases!"

A spokeswoman for Lloyds TSB said: "Clearly, as a large organisation we have a policy for handling complaints but this is purely a framework, and every case is handled on a case by case basis according to the individual circumstances."

Gaz

Was there a date on this report Gazza, I think it might have been before the OFT v Bank court case:)

BCOBS

Yep, was before the OFT case :( Still it just proves what they are like doesnt it ?

BCOBS

yep the house of lords have been annoying and allowed the appeal

link to follow.

Announcements

Hi All

Just received a response to a letter i never sen't to Halifax but to Blair Olivor. Nevermind they get confused these days, poor buggers.

Here's the letter i received today, if there going on the Application/Agreement they sent me Back for my CCA request, then lets get to Court know.

Halifaxletter3420090001.jpg

Halifaxletter3420090002.jpg

Halifaxletter3420090003.jpg

Halifaxletter3420090004.jpg

Does anybody now how long the prison term, for trying to obtain money out of a person by deception. As this is what's Halifax will be doing if they use the application/Agreement supplied by them.

I'm really looking forward in getting this one to the Court Stage, if just to see there faces when i tell them there wrongs lol.

Gaz

Can't give you an answer to the prison term question but i think Court id the only way to resolve this.. so maybe time to send an LBA if you haven't done so already (haven't read the whole thread.)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

Short story, took a Visa Card out in 2002 with Halifax.

Sent for my CCA, they sent me an iffy CCA back from the 2002 application.

Since then without my knowing they change the Visa card into a Mastercard.

Gaz

• 2 weeks later...