Gazza112 Vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

always look on the bright side of life.......in other words thats good they have admitted in writing they dont have the original cca which will make it difficult to enforce.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could write back saying that you are requesting written contact only in the interests of protecting both yourself and Halifax in the event that there should be litigation. You have discovered that recollection of telephone conversations is often biased in favour of Halifax.

Therefore, until I am in a position to record calls, I will only communicate in writing.

Having made my position very clear and the reason, I will consider any telephone contact from Halifax or its agents to be deliberate harrassment and report it as such to the various regulatory bodies. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB

I did get a standard harrassment letter out to them on monday.

But i never put in the points that you have just raised.

If they keep phoning, touch wood the phones been quiet.

Saying that my old phone number, the person who took that number found out through a neighbur that this person is getting quiet a lot of phone call for me.

Gaz

Then it is up to that person to make a complaint. Hopefully they will do so:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB and All

Just an update, i received my agreement back today from Halifax.

I'll get it posted up on this thread later, but before i post this up just wanted to ask a couple of things.

Firstly looking through the agreement found that theres no APR % rates on this, is the APR % surpost to be on the agreement.

Secondly on the application form, all my details are on this but according to what i've had back i never signed the application only the agreement.

Gaz

Hi CitizenB and All

Just an update, i received my agreement back today from Halifax.

I'll get it posted up on this thread later, but before i post this up just wanted to ask a couple of things.

Firstly looking through the agreement found that theres no APR % rates on this, is the APR % surpost to be on the agreement.

Secondly on the application form, all my details are on this but according to what i've had back i never signed the application only the agreement.

Gaz

I am not a 100% sure, but I dont think the APR is a prescirbed term. Are you saying you have two documents and application form AND an agreement ??.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Yes, They sent me an agreement and an application form.

On the application form they've typed in all my details but there's no signiture. This card was taken out in 2002, i always thought that they must state the APR and charges on the agreement.

I'll get this posted up and you can take a look.

Gaz

Hi All

I'm just downloading the agreement & application that i received yesterday.

Firstly i like to point out that the credit reference number on the letter which is correct and i'm disputing,is different from the credit card reference that they sent out.

I have two credit cards with Halifax one i'm disputing, the other i'm not as i have no ballance on that card. The agreement they send out is for the credit card with no ballance on it.

Halifax had me going for a while till i check the credit card numbers.

So in all they have still no supplied me with a true copy of my agreement for the card i'm disputing.

Saying that the agreement they sent out for the second card looks unenforceable to me, as it has no proscribed terms or what the APR rate and charges on the card.

Here's what i was sent yesterday, also i need to write a letter to Halifax stating what they have done.

HalifaxAgreementLetter.jpg

HalifaxAgreementLetter132.jpg

HalifaxAgreementLetter1321.jpg

HalifaxAgreementLetter1322.jpg

Sorry for the pore quality this is not my scanner its Halifax poor quality copies.

Gaz

Hi

Forgot to say i never signed the agreement on the first page but i signed the second page of the agreement which was taken out in 2002.

On the Aplication i never signed that as well, but had all my personal details typed in.

Gaz

Hi

Forgot to say i never signed the agreement on the first page but i signed the second page of the agreement which was taken out in 2002.

On the Aplication i never signed that as well, but had all my personal details typed in.

Gaz

They haven't complied with your request at all.

Tut tut.

I have to admit, that is a little confusing. However, IMHO, it is still only an application form, with no prescribed terms.

It might be a good idea to put a link to this thread on one of the larger threads such as "is my agreement enforceable " and "Consumer Credit Act Agreements". and ask people to come and give their opinion. Sorry I dont have the links to hand.

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Yes, i was confused as well it was only when i was about to scan the papers thst i noticed the credit card numbers was not the same.

The papers i put up was for my second account with Halifax, which i have no balance on. I thought the first page was the agreement as it says that on the first line.

I have drafted a letter Marie Hynd, stating there mistake and to send me the correct Agreement.

Haven't got a clue how to put a link on this forum, do i ask one of the site members to put a link on for me.

Gaz

S'k, Gazza, I am able to do it for you now. :D

BCOBS

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi All

Just had a letter from HBOS on a Joint Bank account i took out the beginning of last year with my dad. The reason i took this account out was so i could put my dad's pension in and i could take it out for him when he nedded it. They've stated that following a recent assessment of your overall relationship with the companies in our group a decision has been taken to withdraw your current account overdraft facility in accordance 27.3 of your terms and conditions.

If this happens you will be liable for unauthorised overdraft charges.

It is in your interest to contact us to discuss this on 0870 850 1298.

What a Bank to deal with, anybody else had a letter like this.

Gaz

Gazza i would advise u change banks

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hi Godmother

Yes i will, but looking at all the banks i think there all as bad as oneanother. But just shows you where you stand with Halifax.

I recken this as come about for my CPR request i ask for and they send me the wrong agreement back.

Gaz

Firstly looking through the agreement found that theres no APR % rates on this, is the APR % surpost to be on the agreement

No the APR does not have to be stated in most credit card agreements. You must carefully distinguish the difference between the APR and the annual rate to be charged. Most people think that APR is 'the annual rate to ber charged' - it is not. It is only if the %APR is more than 1% below or more than 0.1 above another rate shown in the agreement that the APR must be shown.

The interest prescibribed term for revolving credit is

A term stating the rate of any interest on the credit to be provided under the agreement

Apart from the documents being ' not eassily' readable the prescribed term for interest is not shown - it is unenforceable.

NB The APR does not satisfy the prescribed term for interest.

Hi All

Just an update on the Halifax saga, received a letter from HBOS as i stated in a early thread. Also i received a letter from Blair Oliver and Scott.

Heres scan of both letters and there contents.

HalifaxBank0001.jpg

BlairHalifax21220090001.jpg

Know with the Blair threatagram, i'm thinking of sending them a very strong reply letter back to them. Just to keep Blair on there toes, and to tell them that to read there letters and see that this account is in dispute.

Gaz