Gazza112 Vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will probably just get the same letter back from Halifax, with the paragraphs rearranged :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi CitizenB

You was right, they sent the same agreement with the terms and conditions back to me today. They also said in not to many words, if this is not good enough get intouch with FOB.

The copy they sent me looks worse then the first copy i posted up as you cant read half of what the agreement says. Also its still not been filled out by me or signed.

Gaz

:lol: Never mind Gazza. At least you knew that you wouldnt be getting anything different so you arent too disappointed. I guess now you have to decide what your next step will be. Your choices are:

Trading Standards

Financial Ombudsman

SAR request to see if they can dig up anything given the extra time

Wait and see what their next move is.

I have just received the paperwork from them in response to my SAR. They say in the enclosed letter, rather than make me wait, they have decided to send what they have already collated and list the items enclosed.. then go on to say, items missing............... they will send it when they find it.......

Consumer Credit Agreement............ ????

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

CB probably pop down Trading Standards on Monday as i need to see them about Curry's as well, its called killing two birds with one stone :D.

I've even got Barclays confused :confused:, there looking into my complaint.

Gaz

That sounds like a mighty fine plan to me Gazza..

Please dont tell me you have started winding Barclaycard up now ??:lol::lol: You like to live dangerously dont you ?

BCOBS

Yes !! :rolleyes::lol:

BCOBS

Hiya Gazza,

It doesnt give you the correct amount of time to remedy and as such is invalid. Date of sending 18th November. Date of remedy 2nd December = 14 days. You received it when, today ?. Did you keep the envelope and is it postmarked?

There should be 14 clear days and there isnt. File it. It doesnt even require a response. Make a note on the letter the date you received it:D

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Thanks for your info, i've been trying to get down to my local Trading Standards but my dad's been poorly and i couldn't leave him.

I did manage to get to the Trading Standards today, but on arriving they where closed today, just my luck.

Will try and get there on Friday if i can.

So all the letter Halifax sent me today, was just a wined up.

Gaz

Hi CitizenB

Thanks for your info, i've been trying to get down to my local Trading Standards but my dad's been poorly and i couldn't leave him.

I did manage to get to the Trading Standards today, but on arriving they where closed today, just my luck.

Will try and get there on Friday if i can.

So all the letter Halifax sent me today, was just a wined up.

Gaz

Sorry to hear you father is unwell, Gazza.

I imagine their intentions will never really be known. After all, if they expected you to take the Default notice seriously, they would have ensured it was prepared correctly and sent out in good time. Should they go on to terminate :eek: the account you have a chain of events as such. A dodgy agreement, an invalid DN etc, etc. :D

read this post by BRW

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-1775455.html

BCOBS

Gazza, have a read here as well. Not a very long thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/165197-default-notice-re-issue.html

BCOBS

Hi CitizenB

Thanks for the info, very interesting reading.

When i went to see Trading Standards, the person on the counter gave me a phone number to ring. I rang this number today and was put through to consumer affairs, well you know what coming the person i was talking to had no experiance in comsumer law. When i started to mention Credit card agreements, he started to say can you hang on a bit came back to me and said you need to contact the FOB for advice.

Gaz

You need to speak to Consumer Direct first, Gazza, their telephone number is on their website

Consumer Direct

Trading Standards are I believe fobbing you off. They are obliged to investigate your complaint under the new regulations.

Consumer Direct will advise you.

BCOBS

gazza i hope u asked who the FOB were :lol:

Did you keep the envelope? If so u will have lots of evidence on that envelope. This letter has taken nearly 10 days for it to get to you i dont think this would be tru if they used royal mail.

The only way letters now take 10 days sometimes even more are when they are sent using NON royal mail companies. Also if the mail does not have a frank on it this will mean we will have to take the 18th as date of delivery.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Write the date you received it on the letter as well, Gazza.. just in case the envelope goes adrift. :D

BCOBS

Gazza would it be possible you could scan or take a picture or tell us whos mark is on the envelope please.

Its just i am doing a bit of reasearch into mail times and the new mail service.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

thats not one i recognise

• 1 month later...

Hi All

Sorry not been round much on this forum, had problems with my server.

Hope everyone had a fab Xmas and new year.

Just to update you on whats happening with Halifax.

Had a few responses from my letters i sent them, in fact i had one today saying they complied with my CCA request and they do not have to sent the original copy of my aggreement.

Here's the letters that i recveived since i was last on this forum.

Halifax91200910001.jpg

Halifax91200910002.jpg

The following letter was the one i received today.

So need advice what's the next move i should take with Halifax.

Halifax9120080001.jpg

Halifax9120080002.jpg

Gaz

Apart from the amounts they say are owed, this is pretty much the standard response coming out of Halifax a the moment. Are you still paying £1.00 per month ?.

I am not sure what your next move should be. Perhaps just wait and see what their plans are.

I dont think FOS will comment on enforceablility of the agreement/application form so that leaves Trading Standards who are fast gaining a reputation of a chocolate teapot.

See what other comments you receive from other Caggers :)

BCOBS

repeat after me.

They are fobbing you off.