Help48xxx v. MBNA

Help48xxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a word........hmmmmm!

They say, in a nutshell that they have provided data they hold from their application processing and customer account processing systems, which show personal details they hold under my name and address. They go on to say that with regard to s10 of the Data Protection Act 1998, s10 states that the right to prevent the processing of personal data under s10 does not apply if the individual has given consent to that processing. Since (they say) I have given consent for processing to occur, through my agreement to adhere to terms & conditions, s10 doesn't apply in my case.

Spoilsports!

I'll have to get my Miss Marple head on for this particular pack and see what I can catch the beggars out on. Drat! I always did hate homework :(

xx

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave me a headache trying to get a grip on all the codes they use so I could read the darn paperwork :)

Did you receive a copy of your agreement ?..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Gave me a headache too CitB.

Yes, they sent a copy of the agreement-exactly the same copy as they sent to me originally which has some wording blurred and therefore unreadable.

I asked for a legible copy, and that request fell on deaf ears...that was borne out by the letters included in the pack. It's glaringly obvious that each and every letter I have sent them requesting anything after the CCA has been ignored. I think that's worthy of comment, don't you?

xx

Gave me a headache too CitB.

Yes, they sent a copy of the agreement-exactly the same copy as they sent to me originally which has some wording blurred and therefore unreadable.

I asked for a legible copy, and that request fell on deaf ears...that was borne out by the letters included in the pack. It's glaringly obvious that each and every letter I have sent them requesting anything after the CCA has been ignored. I think that's worthy of comment, don't you?

xx

I dont know whether it is because they cant or wont read our letters.:-? Ok, some people just send a template letter without any amendment.. but I know you and I have certainly amended to suit our circumstances/information required, I imagine we arent the only ones. I believe they see a couple of "buzZ" words and just send out a ready made pack of information whether it has any relevance or not to our specific requests.

Even their responses to Formal Complaint letters have a feel of "Template leter" attached to them.:(

I am sure BRW and scarletpimpernel would have something really clever to say about it all :-D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm increasingly irritated by the fact that they, above all others simply will not accept the request to deal with me in writing only. I don't know how they can get away with refusing my every request, (made in writing, obviously), to that effect.

I know I have questioned this before, but I wonder how they deal with people who simply cannot talk, due to surgery, (ie laryngectomy). I also wonder if their refusal to accept anything but telephone contact, could be deemed as discriminatory, (under the Disability Discrimination Act), to those who are covered by it?

I may well challenge it..what do you think?

xx

I'm increasingly irritated by the fact that they, above all others simply will not accept the request to deal with me in writing only. I don't know how they can get away with refusing my every request, (made in writing, obviously), to that effect.

I know I have questioned this before, but I wonder how they deal with people who simply cannot talk, due to surgery, (ie laryngectomy). I also wonder if their refusal to accept anything but telephone contact, could be deemed as discriminatory, (under the Disability Discrimination Act), to those who are covered by it?

I may well challenge it..what do you think?

xx

Have you read RMW's thread ? linked below, you will see that she has in fact complained to the FOS regarding one of her creditors/DCA refusing to accept that her need for written communication comes under the disability discrimination act. :D Although not here to answer calls during the day and it was me that was being tormented by calls every 10 minutes, I did on OH's behalf write to all of his creditors to request letters only due to the fact that he is partially deaf. However, this was before I found CAG and I gave up in the end and had our telephone number changed and went ex directory:grin:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/136654-complaining-financial-ombudsman-service.html

BCOBS

My head is spinning! The paperwork they have sent has some noticeable omissions which I will remind them of, but now I have no idea how to go forward with this. They clearly haven't complied with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), choosing rather to supply bog standard stuff. I would be grateful to hear what you think I should do next as I am conscious of the fact that they will feel they have done all that was asked.

xx

Edited by Help48xxx
typo

Hi Help,

I wanted statements prior to 2002 from MBNA. I was just going round in circles asking for them. Their latest letter confirmed they keep no data prior to 2002. Read my post in the following link, it might help you decide on your next move. :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/93884-wescot-rbofs-oh-dear-6.html#post1767307

BCOBS

subbing

MBNA are claiming they never received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request even though it was in the same envelope as the CCA which they sort of responded to

Check with the post office to see if the postal order has been cashed :)

BCOBS

Hi RedVixen,

I noted from my SAR that they will deny receipt of letters if they were sent in the same envelope. It's cheeky, but has taught me a lesson...send each letter seperately so the crafty beggars can't deny it!

xx

Hi RedVixen,

I noted from my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) that they will deny receipt of letters if they were sent in the same envelope. It's cheeky, but has taught me a lesson...send each letter seperately so the crafty beggars can't deny it!

xx

Alternatively, add a postscript to the bottom of each letter noting that the other letter is enclosed.

for eg... On the CCA letter, Postscript says:.. "Also enclosed with this CCA request is a Subject Access Request, please ensure it is passed to your Data Compliance Department "

On the SAR letter, "Also enclosed with this SAR is my CCA request, please ensure it is passed to the person dealing with these".

BCOBS

Thanks for that - unfortunately the only receipt I can find for that transaction doesn't have the postal order number on it and I stupidly sent it off before copying it so I had the reference number. I shall point out that I am aware that MBNA seem to have a habit of conveniently ignoring one letter if they arrive in the same envelope and give them an extra week to comply I am not shelling out another £10 for their incompetence - actually I will probably end up doing just that as it should provide me with useful ammo for negotiating hundreds off the bill

The £10 hasn't appeared on any of my statements however teh amount of the debt claimed by equidebt (its on hold pending CCA) is slightly less than the last statement ammount minus the £200 i did pay - could they have timed it sneakily??

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

• 2 weeks later...
Just a quickie.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a letter template requesting a copy NOA please?

xx

Help, have you sent an SAR? If so, it should come with that.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• 5 months later...

Hi Help, are you well ?

What was the last contact you had with them.. non compliance of SAR wasnt it ?.

BCOBS

Hi CitB...yes I'm doing great thanks. How are you doing?

You're right that the last thing was non-compliance. They then set Equidebt on me but I responded with the 'bemused' letter and haven't heard a thing since.......(fingers etc now firmly crossed for fear of speaking too soon :rolleyes:).

I suppose it's too soon to hope they have seen the error of their ways and given up, but I live in hope!

xx

Edited by Help48xxx
typo

Hi CitB...yes I'm doing great thanks. How are you doing?

You're right that the last thing was non-compliance. They then set Equidebt on me but I responded with the 'bemused' letter and haven't heard a thing since.......(fingers etc now firmly crossed for fear of speaking too soon :rolleyes:).

I suppose it's too soon to hope they have seen the error of their ways and given up, but I live in hope!

xx

Thats the best way to live :lol: Did you make a complaint to the Information Commissioner re the non compliance ?

BCOBS

Oooops no I didn't. There has to be a template for that somewhere here surely...hint-hint ;)

xx

You can download a complaint form from their website, just include a copy of your SAR and any follow up letter you sent requesting information. Identify the information you have not received any correspondence from MBNA regarding the SAR. :D

BCOBS

And that's EXACTLY why I love you so much :)

I'll get on it asap. Thanks buddy

xx

:oops::razz:

BCOBS