Help48xxx v. MBNA

Help48xxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help, you've prob. seen Joe Blow's recent thread on MBNA but in case you haven't here's my Q & his answer

'Hi Joe

We hear lots of anecdotes on both this forum & locally (I live in Chester) about the 'cosy' relationship between MBNA & Chester TS. Do you know what the postion is? eg. 1. do MBNA laugh at debtors reporting matters to TS?

2. what is the best way to get your complaint heard by someone prepared to take it seriously?

The staff at MBNA don't really care about TS. Why would they? Over 1,000 people work there. At the end of the day, these people aren't investing in the company. They just work there, get their bonus, buy nice suits from Burton and then get off their face at the Chester races. '

Kinda confirms the views already expressed doesn't it ? Suggest you get letter off to MP asap. :(

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

thanks for all of the above. I now know who sent the registered letter. It was my old chums MBNA...ohhhh yes! They sent me a copy of their complaints procedure...well, the tiny weeny leaflet that is their C Policy.

Anyway, they say they have noted the contents of my recent letter, ( a Section 10 to be exact) and then weirdly said...

" I refer you to the contents of our letter dated **** July 2008".

There's one minor problem there....I can't for the life of me find a letter from them bearing that date...and the beggars didn't bother to enclose a copy.

Doesn't it just make you want to rant? It does me :mad::mad::mad:!

The good news is though that the brilliantly composed S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) courtesy of BRW is winging it's way to them as we speak.

xx

Edited by Help48xxx
common sense!

I am surprised they registered the letter, Help.

I guess if you really, really want to know what was in the letter dated July 2008, you are going to have to write to them and ask for a copy:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitB,

hmmmm, I'm surprised that they registered the letter too! It's a little odd that they sent me a registered letter saying very little, but hinted that all the good stuff was in the other letter that they neglected to send by registered post, and I didn't receive...and they didn't even bother to send me a copy to choke on!

Call me an old cynic, but somethings not quite right here :rolleyes:

xx

Oh and...

I hope the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) that I've sent them will deal with the question of the unreceived, (possibly unsent :p) letter that they refer to.

I live in hope! :D

xx

Of course, silly me. I forgot that you sent that off.. They will have to provide you with a copy amongst that. Roll on 40 days time.

Oh BTW, if you are expecting more than 6 years worth of statements. I received a letter from them on Saturday advising me that it is their policy to only keep 6 years worth of records. I intend to send them back a reply asking how that balances with the fact that they are by LAW required to keep documents for 6 years AFTER an account closes :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yep, roll on 40 days or less. I smell a HUGE rat in this and I'm just waiting for them to unleash it before I have to set my particular type of pest control on them!

xx

I am so pleased I am your friend:D

BCOBS

I am so pleased I am your friend:D

Aw - sweet!!!!!

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

:lol::lol:

BCOBS

You're our friend too Fred..

you sent CitB pink pigs...she may love you more than she does me...:(

xx

Well what greater sign of affection can a man show to a woman than sending her pink pigs?!!

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Well what greater sign of affection can a man show to a woman than sending her pink pigs?!!

Fred

Personally I like diamonds!

Oh, there goes that flying pig again...

16_10_9.gif

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

LOL, you are a great bunch of peeps and I luffs you all.. pink pigs or not.:lol::lol:

BCOBS

I love you too CitB,,,

I'm well chuffed that I managed to put the pic of the pink pig in my post...(try saying that when you've had a skin full :eek:)

Nothing to report today apart from the fact that crazy woman with the wheelie bin was formally charged with assaulting me yesterday...a day in court then...whoopeeeee :D

xx

Thank you all for the pink pigs:D

That is good news that woman was formally charged . Now just let us know when you want us to stand outside the court house chucking rotten eggs at her.:D

BCOBS

Good thinking CitB...

you can have my leftover buckets of tar and bags of feathers from Robinson Way's, (re: HFC Bank) visit just for good measure....

with all the eggs, and feathers, she'll look like a right ugly chicken :D

xx

Edited by Help48xxx
factual

:D As I said before... I am so pleased you are my friend :D:D

BCOBS

Will crazy woman not just plead guilty? If she doesn't she really must be crazy, but it would be a shame if you were denied your 15mins Help - and we would also be denied a good story! :D

Hi FG,

I am reliably informed by my rather gorgeous Police Officer, (Paul), that she will defend this to the end...silly woman, so it looks like court unless she's changed her mind!

I got a letter from Virgin today, dated yesterday, which is strange as MBNA got my SAR on 27th August! Anyway, Virgin say that MBNA are concerned about my payment history, and that the balance of £LOADS is scheduled to be charged off imminently. They then go on to say that I won't be able to buy that Porsche that I was after, (drat), and that CRB's will be able to grass me up for my failings. Then they say'.......

"When the amount is charged off, a Default is regsitered at the CRB and the balance on your account will be SOLD to a third party who will continue to persue you for your debt".

Finally they say that MBNA will accept a significantly reduced payment blah, blah, blah.

So, now that MBNA have got my SAR, could this be the reason for dragging Virgin back into the picture for a final attempt to get me to call them? Or, could it be that BRW's SAR has floored MBNA and they're a bit fed-up with ikkle old me?

Who knows? It's pretty exciting stuff though :rolleyes:

xx

Hi FG,

I am reliably informed by my rather gorgeous Police Officer, (Paul), that she will defend this to the end...silly woman, so it looks like court unless she's changed her mind!

Oh goody - it'll give you chance to practice your curtsies to the bench & us the opportunity to hear a good tale :lol:

I won't be able to buy that Porsche that I was after

Shame! :D love your sense of humour - glad to see you're obviously feeling on top form today!

and that CRB's will be able to grass me up for my failings.

Are you sure they said CR B not CRA? CRB is Criminal Records Bureau.

So, now that MBNA have got my SAR, could this be the reason for dragging Virgin back into the picture for a final attempt to get me to call them? Or, could it be that BRW's SAR has floored MBNA and they're a bit fed-up with ikkle old me?

Def. the latter!! But at least you might get some progress if they sell it on, even if it's another day in court - like some several years on!

Hey, ho...

xx

Best wishes - FG

Ah yes FG,

I thought the same thing... but they mean the Credit Reference Bureau!

I was going to write back and say "hang on you lot, I'll have you know I have an enhanced CRB, so there, neener, neener, neener :p"

xx

Standard MBNA drivel so far. In a little while you'll get a one-line letter from MBNA to say that they've sold the account to some deadbeat debt-buyer, and then you'll get a 'hello' letter from them. I've dealt with several of these, and in easch case, as soon as a 'debt sold whilst in dispute' or CCA default letter has been sent, it's all gobe silent. I suspect that the buyers know that a proportion of the accounts they buy will be both unenforceable and involve someone who is aware of the law, and that they'd rather get on with collecting from the rest than go to much expense pursuing 'turkeys'.

Ah Ha! The elusive SP!

Thanks for that. I will await with baited breath the dedbeat debt buyers letters and post them on here for all to have a chuckle at!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that my fowl mood is catching...you just mentioned turkeys...they can accompany my chickens!! I'm fast becoming the Bernard Matthews of CAG!!

xx