Help48xxx v. MBNA

Help48xxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Helloooooo!

sorry for that rather rude absence...I just had to take out my frustration at Fred's comment on something.........so, I decided to take the green wheelie bin for a run around the general area of mad woman. I was fully prepared to tell her that Fred made me do it, had she come out! She didn't though :mad:...so I went back, dutifully to my ironing :rolleyes:

Not a word from MBNA for me either CitB...I feel all forsaken and stuff :(...still, with the SAR I sent them, I bet they've all gone on holiday!...woohoo!

xx

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Green wheelie bin.. bit of a come down from the ferrari or porsche, Help !!. BTW, if you run out ironing.. I can send you some :p

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guess who I got a letter from today :confused: ? Me old buddy Dee Dillistone at MBNA. She was obviously dying to tell me about the options that are available to me. They are:

Pay the oldest arrears, (whatever that means)

Give me an interest free reduced payment programme

Reduced amount settlement figure

Wait for a Collection Agent

Thses options are only available until 18th Sept. After that, nasty old MBNA will register a default for 6 whole years. AND if I still don't 'phone them for an interrogation, my debt will be sold to a DCA, (You were spot-on then DFW).

Whilst I appreciate Miss Dillistones oh so kind offers, she sent this AFTER they had received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)........a little dodgy don't you think?

xx

Hmph, do you reckon I have upset someone at MBNA then.. no pink pigs (other than those from my friends ), no special reduced rates, refunds, special offers. :( Or, I guess they could have lost me :-D

Hmmm, yes does sound a bit fishy to me Help, when did they receive your SAR ?. BTW did they say they needed a copy of your driving licence or passport before they would supply any data ?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitB :D

well, they received my SAR on 2nd September, the letter I got today was dated 8th September, so they will have had almost enough time to read and digest the content of page 1 at least, ( I love BRW's SAR!!) HAHA!

Personally, I would write to MBNA and question their neglect. After all, the least you deserve from them is a pink pig :)

xx

...so they will have had almost enough time to read and digest the content of page 1 at least, ( I love BRW's SAR!!)

They probably don't understand it, hence the standard letter from Dilly :grin:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Hi CitB :D

well, they received my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on 2nd September, the letter I got today was dated 8th September, so they will have had almost enough time to read and digest the content of page 1 at least, ( I love BRW's SAR!!) HAHA!

Personally, I would write to MBNA and question their neglect. After all, the least you deserve from them is a pink pig :)

xx

Hiya Help,

It was my understanding that any letter received by MBNA has to go through a series of intermediaries (sp) first. Stage 1: Someone goes through the letter highlighting all the BIG words. It then goes on the transalation section Stage 2: whereby those BIG words are identified in the dictionary and reduced to more manageable understanding. So I reckon your letter might not have reached the 3rd stage where someone can now read the decrypted letter before it gets passed to Stage 4 This is where they toss a coin to see who will be the lucky person who gets to reply.:D

Do you think it would help me get a pink pig if I was to write them a begging letter.. you dont think they have got the hump because I have ignored their begging letters ? :D

BCOBS

CitB,

I really think you should...however, you should be aware that begging letters go through a standard MBNA process...........

'any letter received by MBNA has to go through a series of intermediaries (sp) first. Stage 1: Someone goes through the letter highlighting all the BIG words. It then goes on the transalation section Stage 2: whereby those BIG words are identified in the dictionary and reduced to more manageable understanding. So I reckon your letter might not have reached the 3rd stage where someone can now read the decrypted letter before it gets passed to Stage 4 This is where they toss a coin to see who will be the lucky person who gets to reply.'..........

in which case, I wouldn't hold my breath :D

xx

:( what a b*mmer.. in that case I wont bother. I can use the last sheet of writing paper for Capital One or BOS :rolleyes:

BCOBS

Awwwwwwwww CitB :(

don't give-up hope! MBNA have an impressive coloured library of letters they can send you....you just have to know how to get one of the button clickers to click on the pig pink, or standard response to begging letter one.

Keep trying, you will reach the lofty heights with MBNA, it just takes a bit more pleading.

xx

Awwwwwwwww CitB :(

don't give-up hope! MBNA have an impressive coloured library of letters they can send you....you just have to know how to get one of the button clickers to click on the pig pink, or standard response to begging letter one.

Keep trying, you will reach the lofty heights with MBNA, it just takes a bit more pleading.

xx

Nope, I am gonna sit in a corner and .....................sulk... so there :p

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

:lol::lol: So when are you two due on stage?!

Soon as we can find an agent FG.. are you interested.. ?:D

BCOBS

(Singing in best Beatles voice)....Dee loves me yeah, yeah, yeah....la-la-la-la-la-la.........

I got another letter from Dee Dillistone today! This time however, she was wearing her Virgin Credit Card hat. I think I may have discovered her problem...she has a dual personality ;).

She has written to me twice as Head of Customer Assistance for MBNA, then twice as HOCA for Virgin CC, what a sneaky little critter she is!

Anyway, I think she's now in a major huff with me because she has said, today, that if I don't concede to her demands, I will no longer be a customer of MBNA..(sob, sob). THEN, she tells me that the immediate payment she wants me to make by debit card, to stop them black balling me, is 29 pence HIGHER than it was when she was writing to me with her MBNA hat on 2 days previously...that's really not nice is it? I'm hurt :(. In fact I'm almost as hurt as CitB..(but not quite)...

I do think she needs to get this dual personality thing sorted though, as the letter she sent as HOCA for Virgin said that MBNA was concerned about my payment history. So, in some ways, she's identified her own training need as she's the MBNA person that's chasing it :p

I think she may be the one exception to the long-held belief that women can multi-task :D

I so hope I get another letter tomorrow...

xx

I got another letter from Dee Dillistone today! This time however, she was wearing her Virgin Credit Card hat. I think I may have discovered her problem...she has a dual personality ;)

That's a bit unlucky when you think about it, having a dual personality with neither of them fit to be allowed out in public.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I Just realised, that would make her Dilly No Mates :lol:

xx

:):):):)

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I think she may be the one exception to the long-held belief that women can multi-task :D

xx

Well Fred had better not ask her to do the ironing then - she's obviously got more than enough to handle just writing to you Help! :lol:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Well Fred had better not ask her to do the ironing then - she's obviously got more than enough to handle just writing to you Help! :lol:

Yes and I bet she's not worth swinging from a chandelier for either.

Fred

Yes and I bet she's not worth swinging from a chandelier for either.

Fred

So which one of her hats would fall off first d'you think, Fred?! :)

Edited by foolishgirl
typo

CitiB, I've got Yahoo radio on at the moment and it's playing Fleetwood Mac's 'Don't Stop'. Your nodding dog matches the beat perfectly!

Regards.

Fred