OFT Legal Proceedings help

Sambase
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I Have recently sent my letter before action to my bank (NatWest) and have received the letter back about the legal proceedings with the OFT.

They say they have registered and stored my complaint and that once the legal proceedings finish they will resolve my complaint as quickly as possible.

Im sure you are all aware of this letter..

I did read the forum post about this but could not quite understand what i am to do next. Do i continue by threatening court action or do i wait until the proceedings have finished?

Also i know it is hard to tell but can anyone hazard a guess to how long the proceedings could take?

Thanks for you time and help.

Regards,

Sam

THe case actually finished two weeks ago and we are now waiting for the judhe to pass judgement - that will take a few weeks. Whichever wy he decides, we expect the judgement to be appealed and that could take many months, even a couple of years :(

Hi Steven,

Sorry, to sound like im questioning you, but in my local county court they are still proceeding with court claims against bank charges, so I only thought stayed cases were the county courts were awaiting Judgement, please correct if i'm wrong. I am only upto Prem letter so if this is the case i'm a bit disapointed.

Thanks Leanne

Overdraft cases should be stayed, other cases credit card etc may or may not be stayed, depending on the county court.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.