I am a Customer Relations Manager for Norwich Union

Guest Aviva Support
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Becca,

Thanks for your response, I am more than happy to supply you with any info you require, the only additional information as far as I can see, would be the policy number & address along with the names of the broker & assessor along with a copy of his letter to us, Please advise as to any further info you require.

As they say timing is everything..... I am off to Greece for a fortnight as of this evening, so I'll forward the details upon my return, in the meantime could you post a reply with the current info, and I’ll read it from Greece.

Best regards,

Brumie.

Hi brumie

I think the only additional info I will need will be policy number, but will investigate further in the next couple of days (in meetings all afternoon).

Have a fab time in Greece!!

Becca

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Brumie,

I've just had a chat with one of my colleagues in the claims team and we will be able to investigate this for you, it may be that the difference takes into account the age of the van (but i can't be 100% sure without looking at specifics), it may also be possible for you to negotiate the figure - again this is just a thought.

When you get back we'll talk further and we can get someone in the claims team to look into this properly and explain what is going on and to see what we can do.

Becca

Apologies tandom, i did not notice that part of your question. Obviously dubious business practices is something we do not take lighlty, I will need to get these claims investigated higher up.

Becca

Will you be making any response to the observations of Smarts?

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Tandom,

I'm looking into this as we speak, talking to people and finding the right answers to the points raised.

To answer one point though, CAG is a wonderful forum and without it I wouldn't be able to be here listening to the things that are being said and helping the people that need it but don't know where to start... We are trying to shift customer focus and are working hard to make you heard.

Becca

the answer to useing loss adjusters is you appoint your own loss adjuster and not the insurance L A they are working for the insurance you are at liberty to appoint your own builder and loss adjuster,this is your home and your way of thinking may differ from a appointed loss adjuster.my advice SACK THE BUILDER and appoint your own...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

HI Becca,

I sent you an email regarding my Car insurance but I haven't heard anything from you.

Ianyway i have had a bad experience with norwich union direct. I was being hit by a third party, I decided not make a claim at that point as the third party was also trying to claim from me. The claim was not resolved for a very long time, so i lost my no claims bonus even though they was no payment made to the third party. My premium went up from about 700 to over 1400. I had no letter to say what the outcome of the claim is, I decided to run after them, recently i was told the case has been closed because they did not get any response from either of us for over 12 months.

I was told by the Personal injurt team that i should get my No claims bonus back and all i have to do is call customer service and tell them.

I was on the phone for over 2 hours being transfered from one department to another going round in circles, 1 cust rep told me that the case was settled as 50-50, which is a lie and that they had already paid the claimant which i means i cant get my no claims bonus back. I called the personal injury team again and they said that its not a 50-50 claim, that i should get my no claims back. I called cust services again and told them what i was told by the personal injury team. Unbelievably the customer services guy in india asked me to give him the number for the personal injury team because he did not have it. he now phoned them to confirm and he finally reinstated my no claims bonus.

i dont know why all norwich union departments are not using the same system or sharing the same data.

The most annoying part is this, i should get some refund back due to my no claims bonus being reinstated.

my last premium during the accident with 3yrs no claims was about 750 which was 69 a month

the following year with i yr no claims went up to over 1400 which is about 140 a month

Now that i have my no claims bonus back which is now 4 years, my account was readjusted to be £90 a month,

I have paid 140 for about 7 months now, which means i have over paid my premium but you guys still want to collect £90 a month extra from me

The worse thing is that a quote on your website gives me less than £50 a month.

I trried to explain this to the Customer service guy in India but they dont understand

Guest Aviva Support

Hello dosh,

I'm sorry that i have not got back to you, I am investigating this and will chase up the team asap for you.

becca

edit: dosh just spoken to the team that need to investigate this and I'm sorry nothing has been done, we will be in touch asap.

Thanks I have sorted most of it out myself, The problem is my refund, at the moment it looks like i am better off getting a new quote from Norwich union on your website which is less than £50 a month, or another insurance company which is even cheaper and fight for some refund on the other policy, but that will be as a last resort if nothing is sorted.

Guest Aviva Support

There are a lot of issues in this thread, let me try and address those that relate to us and try and clarify from our end.

Firstly it is important that I state now NU does not condone 'dubious business practices'. There areinstances in the past in which we stopped using suppliers whose performance was not up to standard. I'm confident that we'll do so again in the future if necessary. We have a large supplier management team within NU, and part of their job is to monitor the performance of these suppliers.They take customer feedback about our suppliers very seriously and they do act on it.Where a pattern of poor performance does appear our first course of action is towork with our suppliers to identify causes and put these right. If this fails to resolve the problem then as already mentioned we will end the relationship.

In terms of DAS legal expenses, they are one of several companies we use to provide legal expenses cover for our policyholders.DAS are a significant player in this market. If their performance is bad we want and need to know why and how. You will appreciate that it is difficult to act unless information is both specific and detailed. I am also unaware of any significant pattern of complaints or poor performance against DAS at this time.

It's a hard for me to make comment on a number of the other allegations that have been made since they are wide ranging in nature.Clearly I'm unlikely to agree with comments such as 'there are no ethics where money is concerned', or that 'Norwich Union will use the business relationship to make unsubstantiated allegations to managers'. This is absolutely not my experience and there are certainly no policies or procedures in place instructing staff to behave in this way. I think any attempt to instill such practices would quickly become public knowledge as well as cause a strong reaction among staff.

I'm also not in any way pretending that everything is a bed of roses in terms of the service that customer receive either from NU or our suppliers. Of course both NU and our suppliers let our customers down occasionally and it's a source of deep embarrassment to me and the people I work with when this happens.It's also the case that sometimes our responses to customer complaints is not what it should be. This is one of the reasons why NU has started to take part in on-line conversations on this and other forums. We want customers to know that we do care, and we want to spot service failure wherever it exists so that we can fix it. Rome wasn't built in a day - but we are getting much better at this and most of our customers say that they are happy with the service we provide to them. Most customers is not good enough though and our aim is for all our customers to say that they've been treated fairly by us.

I'm not surprised that there is some cynicism about my role in on-line conversations. The challenge for me and my colleagues is to prove that we are sincere in what we're trying to do. I guess the proof will come from how we respond to the comments that people post about us, and the tone of what these comments might say. I am fully committed to doing my bit to help our customers and I have many colleagues who feel the same.

I hope that this has answered all the key points that have been made. If there are further specific problems then please do let me know about them so that I can become involved.

Becca

Becca,

It's good to know that NU are taking a pro-active view with regard to consumer forums and that your presence on this forum and others is with the blessing of the powers that be.

I deal with NU on a regular basis in a professional capacity with motor fleet and since the commercial claims hub in Birmingham was introduced there are very few instances where a client has had cause to complain. Usually it ends up being the clients fault for delays etc but as the saying goes, the customer is always right.

Personal lines handling is different mainly due to the volume of calls claims that you receive and there will always be the "horror" story that happens from time to time. I'm sure though that you will no doubt assist with those who contact you via this forum.

I just thought I would put a positive comment in respect of NU as there are a few negatives. Mind you, there may not be that many commercial fleets left with NU if your commercial guys keep trying to harden up the market - which we could do with though !!!!

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Trojan, thanks for the comments I should like (if you don't mind) to pass on the compliment to birmingham.

Becca

Hi Brumie,

I've just had a chat with one of my colleagues in the claims team and we will be able to investigate this for you, it may be that the difference takes into account the age of the van (but i can't be 100% sure without looking at specifics), it may also be possible for you to negotiate the figure - again this is just a thought.

When you get back we'll talk further and we can get someone in the claims team to look into this properly and explain what is going on and to see what we can do.

Becca

Thanks Becca,

But I would have thought your colleagues already knew about the vanguard policy that Norwich Union underwrite (there are only two types of cover 1) Market value 2) new for old) as I have already mentioned we have taken out the new for old cover, so we were expecting to replace the van with a brand new identical or equivalent model, the costs incurred for removal replacing and re-installing the van are also covered and should be added to the cost of the new van, so it states in the policy wording, after obtaining quotes for this we find ourselves with a shortfall of £10k. We have contacted the insurers to “negotiate” and were told that “you will only get the sum insured, & the re-sitting cost will come out of this figure also”!

can you advise as to the best course of action regarding the failure of the indexed linked figure/sum insured, meeting the cost of replacing our caravan with a new for old, as that is what we paid our premiums for and that is what we were expecting.

Regards

Brumie

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Brumie

Sorry I have not got back to yoou sooner, I don't think there is a problem knowing about the insurance, just needing to look at specifics - it is often easier to understand what is going on when we can look at a policy directly.

Becca

There are a lot of issues in this thread, let me try and address those that relate to us and try and clarify from our end.

Firstly it is important that I state now NU does not condone 'dubious business practices'. There areinstances in the past in which we stopped using suppliers whose performance was not up to standard. I'm confident that we'll do so again in the future if necessary. We have a large supplier management team within NU, and part of their job is to monitor the performance of these suppliers.They take customer feedback about our suppliers very seriously and they do act on it.Where a pattern of poor performance does appear our first course of action is towork with our suppliers to identify causes and put these right. If this fails to resolve the problem then as already mentioned we will end the relationship.

In terms of DAS legal expenses, they are one of several companies we use to provide legal expenses cover for our policyholders.DAS are a significant player in this market. If their performance is bad we want and need to know why and how. You will appreciate that it is difficult to act unless information is both specific and detailed. I am also unaware of any significant pattern of complaints or poor performance against DAS at this time.

It's a hard for me to make comment on a number of the other allegations that have been made since they are wide ranging in nature.Clearly I'm unlikely to agree with comments such as 'there are no ethics where money is concerned', or that 'Norwich Union will use the business relationship to make unsubstantiated allegations to managers'. This is absolutely not my experience and there are certainly no policies or procedures in place instructing staff to behave in this way. I think any attempt to instill such practices would quickly become public knowledge as well as cause a strong reaction among staff.

I'm also not in any way pretending that everything is a bed of roses in terms of the service that customer receive either from NU or our suppliers. Of course both NU and our suppliers let our customers down occasionally and it's a source of deep embarrassment to me and the people I work with when this happens.It's also the case that sometimes our responses to customer complaints is not what it should be. This is one of the reasons why NU has started to take part in on-line conversations on this and other forums. We want customers to know that we do care, and we want to spot service failure wherever it exists so that we can fix it. Rome wasn't built in a day - but we are getting much better at this and most of our customers say that they are happy with the service we provide to them. Most customers is not good enough though and our aim is for all our customers to say that they've been treated fairly by us.

I'm not surprised that there is some cynicism about my role in on-line conversations. The challenge for me and my colleagues is to prove that we are sincere in what we're trying to do. I guess the proof will come from how we respond to the comments that people post about us, and the tone of what these comments might say. I am fully committed to doing my bit to help our customers and I have many colleagues who feel the same.

I hope that this has answered all the key points that have been made. If there are further specific problems then please do let me know about them so that I can become involved.

Becca

I am able to back up the claims made with evidence if necessary.

i think this is good for customer relations and poss a way of nipping any sort of complaint in the bud before it gets to a legal stage,i for one have been a n/u customer for 30 years had a few claims including ppi ,and i for one cant say enough about n/u about hoe fast and eficient they have acted ,i may be just one of many but this is a good thread and possibly it may continue well lets hope so ,i cannot see the banks doing this because of lack of transparency in their dealings with everyone,so keep up the good work becca

patrickq1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Guest Aviva Support

smarts:

If you want to send me details i'd be happy to investigate, as I said in my message, we need to know about these things in order make informed decisions. If you could email me details (rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk) I would be grateful.

patrickg1:

Thank you for your lovely comments, and I'm glad that you have had such a good history with us! Its nice to hear from the people that have been around for a long time and intend to stay that way!

We plan to be on this thread, and also online helping customers as long as we can :)

You've certainly put a smile on the faces of the people in my office this morning.

Take Care all

Becca

Hi Brumie

Sorry I have not got back to yoou sooner, I don't think there is a problem knowing about the insurance, just needing to look at specifics - it is often easier to understand what is going on when we can look at a policy directly.

Becca

Hi Becca,

I sent you an email with the policy number yesterday, could you confirm you have received it.

cheers

Brumie.

Guest Aviva Support
Hi Becca,

I sent you an email with the policy number yesterday, could you confirm you have received it.

cheers

Brumie.

Hi Brumie, yes I did recieve it but was out of the office yesterday, will get on that this morning.

Becca

Hi Caro

Firstly I'm so sorry you've had such a rotten time, my heart truly goes out to people who have suffered with the floods.

As you've already stated its difficult for me to give advice on any other companies, my only suggestion is if you have no joy with the loss adjusters/contractors directly (although keep on at them as they should tell you things) go to your insurance company and ask them to intervene.

I also double checked for you, but Loss Adjusters do not give their reports to customers, they are purely between themselves and the insurance company.

I'm sorry i can't say more, I hope you get this sorted out, good luck with the clean up.

Becca

its a matter of confidentiality for N U but you are free to get your own loss adjuster but if you do make sure it isnt the same company.but it will cost you when you get your settlement,but this is negotiable

Thanks for the advice Patrick. Someone else suggested this too, but I'm not sure if it's too late now as all our things have now been disposed of. We're still a long way from everything being settled though, and work is yet to start on repairs. Considering we were flooded in the middle of June it's amazing how little progress we've made, but we hope work may start in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

its never too late its your home you have the ultimate authority to have things put back to what you expect and its for your benifit not for the insurance co,this is your life and sometimes when it is in the control of others you feel you are being ignored,so take control of your situation...i know it feels its not proper but it is you are the one who lives their ...so dont worry they wont be offended and if they are then you know they are trying to control you....patrickq1

i have written this from experiance during the north wales floods,and i have horror stories you would nt beleive this is why i recomend you use a individual loss adjuster and they can add their cost towards the insurance co not you....we had the floods in the FEB and did not move into our home till that xmas after a long protracted legal dispute with a certain insurance co ,this is what opened our eyes..in effect i felt as though i was dealing with the ballifs you get the same feelings that you will be getting trampled on and TOLD this is what you get...think again dont accept anything less that what you deserve and this is what you paid for in any eventuallity you insured yourself for such events your entitlement is all you are asking even though they might like to make it feel they are doing you a favour,the loss adjusters appointed by the insurance co should really be paying more attention to the quality of the work being done not to the costs of the work

patrickq1

and my personal feelings is RSA are the worst company ever

Rebecca

I am in a very awkward position at this moment. I tried an email to you earlier today.

What is the position If I am currently under a possible redundancy, and I have no real cover from my current mortgage provider (Apparently):mad:

And My real Question is can I legally purchase cover from either the current provider or not.!

I have not been given any details other that I am being considered. Have been employed here for some 12 years and have (Income protection which I thought would cover me)

Please reply ASAP.

Thank you:sad:

Guest Aviva Support

ldpool

apologies, i did not get your email and I'm so sorry that you are having to undergo this horrible stressful decision, As far as I am aware (and I will double check on this asap for you as am out of the office this afternoon but wanted to reply asap) if you are at risk of redundancy this is counted as a pre existing issue and therefore would be excluded.

As I say, I will double check as soon as possible.

Thinking of you

Becca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks