I am a Customer Relations Manager for Norwich Union

Guest Aviva Support
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Rebecca

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I await your return and only hope that, I do not fall fowl of the situation.

Please understand I above all do not like people taking others for a ride or advantage of situations, but I am so unsure at this time and feel mentally sick at the thought of letting my family down.

I can not allow it to happen.

:Cry: :cry:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aviva Support
Rebecca

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I await your return and only hope that, I do not fall fowl of the situation.

Please understand I above all do not like people taking others for a ride or advantage of situations, but I am so unsure at this time and feel mentally sick at the thought of letting my family down.

I can not allow it to happen.

:Cry: :cry:

I certainly do understand ldpool, its a horrid situation and my heart goes out to you, i'll be in the office in an hour or so and will be double checking for you.

Becca

Hi Becca,

Can you advise on the best course of action to take regarding the following problem:-

We have a static caravan that has been affected by the recent flooding.

The assessor has contacted us to advise that is has been written off and requires replacing, the caravan is covered by the VANGUARD new for old policy protected by Index linking (or so we were led to believe!)

The van is a fairly high spec Willerby that is no longer in production, having taken professional advise and inspecting various vans ourselves and consulting the glass's guide the equivalent replacement is the Willerby Aspen MK5.

The Insurers are informing us that the maximum payout is the Index linked sum insured, This sum is £10k short of the quotations we have obtained to replace the van with like for like new for old on the same pitch at the same site.

I do understand the clause about sum insured, but as the policy is "protected" by Index linking I would assume that the sum insured,(calculated by the insurers) is the actual cost of replacing the caravan, due to the fact they have to work out all the cost involved and set the premium accordingly, otherwise the premium for replacing our caravan on a new for old basis is merely a guess, and I should have done all the assessing myself and have it underwritten myself and not pay the insurers for the service they purported to provide.

Are we as consumers expected to obtain quotations to carry out all repairs in every eventuality every time we take out an insurance policy?? Or do we use the services of a reputable insurance provider!

There are a number of other insurers on the site and they have covered all the costs involved replacing Identical vans. We have found out that our premium £450 is way above the premium paid to the other insurance that have settled the claims new for old like for like.

So having paid over the odds for over a decade we are left with a shortfall of £10k, hope you can advise.

Brumie.

(Counting the bricks on my house as we speak, just in case.........)

Thanks for your comment, apologies I haven't got back to you sooner but I will get this looked into for you this week.

Are you happy to send me some more details to my email address: rebecca.sibley@norwich-union.co.uk and I will be able to look specifically at your policy and the claim with my colleagues in claims.

Thanks

Becca

Hi Becca,

Thanks for your response, I am more than happy to supply you with any info you require, the only additional information as far as I can see, would be the policy number & address along with the names of the broker & assessor along with a copy of his letter to us, Please advise as to any further info you require.

As they say timing is everything..... I am off to Greece for a fortnight as of this evening, so I'll forward the details upon my return, in the meantime could you post a reply with the current info, and I’ll read it from Greece.

Best regards,

Brumie.

I think the only additional info I will need will be policy number, but will investigate further in the next couple of days (in meetings all afternoon).

Have a fab time in Greece!!

Becca

I've just had a chat with one of my colleagues in the claims team and we will be able to investigate this for you, it may be that the difference takes into account the age of the van (but i can't be 100% sure without looking at specifics), it may also be possible for you to negotiate the figure - again this is just a thought.

When you get back we'll talk further and we can get someone in the claims team to look into this properly and explain what is going on and to see what we can do.

Becca

Thanks Becca,

But I would have thought your colleagues already knew about the vanguard policy that Norwich Union underwrite (there are only two types of cover 1) Market value 2) new for old) as I have already mentioned we have taken out the new for old cover, so we were expecting to replace the van with a brand new identical or equivalent model, the costs incurred for removal replacing and re-installing the van are also covered and should be added to the cost of the new van, so it states in the policy wording, after obtaining quotes for this we find ourselves with a shortfall of £10k. We have contacted the insurers to “negotiate” and were told that “you will only get the sum insured, & the re-sitting cost will come out of this figure also”!

can you advise as to the best course of action regarding the failure of the indexed linked figure/sum insured, meeting the cost of replacing our caravan with a new for old, as that is what we paid our premiums for and that is what we were expecting.

Regards

Brumie

Sorry I have not got back to yoou sooner, I don't think there is a problem knowing about the insurance, just needing to look at specifics - it is often easier to understand what is going on when we can look at a policy directly.

Becca

I sent you an email with the policy number yesterday, could you confirm you have received it.

cheers

Brumie.

Hi Brumie, yes I did recieve it but was out of the office yesterday, will get on that this morning.

Hi Becca,

Any news? As I have a meeting with the site manager, Wedneday P.M.

Regards

Brumie.

I certainly do understand ldpool, its a horrid situation and my heart goes out to you, i'll be in the office in an hour or so and will be double checking for you.

Becca

CAN YOU PLEASE give me a clear reply.

Thanks again Becca

Regards

Guest Aviva Support

ldpool

I'm sorry its taken me so long... what I said was correct I'm afraid, that if you applied for cover whilst under threat of redundancy it would be classed as pre existing. I hope this answers your question.

My suggestion would be to go to your current supplier and ask them what you are covered for exactly, go back through your policy documents. I'm sorry i can't be more constructive, I'll certainly be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please let me know what happens with your job.

Becca

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Becca,

Any news? As I have a meeting with the site manager, Wedneday P.M.

Regards

Brumie.

Hi Brumie

I'm sorry, i've been out of the office a lot this week, I've chased this today.

Becca

CAN YOU PLEASE give me a clear reply.

Thanks again Becca

Regards

Income protection which I thought would cover me

what excactly is the terms and conditions if you can post details they can be looked at on here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

LOL seems like theres a few people working for NU here then!

Howdy Becca, I work in the liability section of Incident care in manchester!

GE Capital (Topman Storecard) Won £180

Barclaycard Won £552

Halifax...your next!

Barclays Bank Student account..then you!

Income protection which I thought would cover me

what excactly is the terms and conditions if you can post details they can be looked at on here

Thank's for asking Patrick.

I am Looking to get some sort of Email or copy of my Income protection plan from my PROVIDER. But up to now have been unable to get time to talk properly.

Will contact the group here when i have any details.

it may be that you are protected provided you are made redundant and have not volantary applied for redundancay

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Guest Aviva Support
Thanks,

Can you post your reply Wed A.M. in time for the meeting.

Brumie

I'm sorry to be so slow with this, I'm trying to find someone who can answer your query,

I know you needed an answer by now.

Becca

Brumie

I'm sorry to be so slow with this, I'm trying to find someone who can answer your query,

I know you needed an answer by now.

Becca

Hi Becca,

Thanks for that, asap (as is the norm now days) as others getting restless

Brumie.

Guest Aviva Support
Hi Becca,

Thanks for that, asap (as is the norm now days) as others getting restless

Brumie.

Thanks for understanding brumie!

it may be that you are protected provided you are made redundant and have not volantary applied for redundancay

Not wanting to (Count the Chickens before they hatch)

But it appears I may have been given the wrong information in the first place. (PHEW)

Having had the chance to speak (to somebody who actually thinks for goodness sakes) that I am covered.

But will post out my details to me ASAP.

My first reactions was pure sigh of relief, then to curse the person who gave the wrong information. (it was a bad 2 days)

I would like to thank all of you who gave me hope just talking about it, it may not sound that important.

But believe me, I was very down, and now I have a new positive outlook, even the Job position is looking on the bright side at this moment, although we still have a long way to go through the various eliminations.

So a big thanks to Rebecca, and Patrick for your support.:)

Cheers ldpool

Guest Aviva Support
Not wanting to (Count the Chickens before they hatch)

But it appears I may have been given the wrong information in the first place. (PHEW)

Having had the chance to speak (to somebody who actually thinks for goodness sakes) that I am covered.

But will post out my details to me ASAP.

My first reactions was pure sigh of relief, then to curse the person who gave the wrong information. (it was a bad 2 days)

I would like to thank all of you who gave me hope just talking about it, it may not sound that important.

But believe me, I was very down, and now I have a new positive outlook, even the Job position is looking on the bright side at this moment, although we still have a long way to go through the various eliminations.

So a big thanks to Rebecca, and Patrick for your support.:)

Cheers ldpool

Oh ldpool,

I'm so glad :D THats really good news and your very welcome, I understand that just having someone to talk too is such a vital thing and I'm glad that I could be there in my small way.

Take care

Becca

PS please keep us updated!

brumie

see your email.

becca

Hi Becca,

You advised that somebody would be calling the number I gave you today to discuss the claim, having waited in for the call nothing has materialised, can you supply a name & number for us to contact?

regards

Brumie

Guest Aviva Support

Brumie,

I'm sorry about the delay replying I've been in a different office all afternoon. I emailed you.

Becca

yes good new id very good luck and hope u have a nice xmas

Thanks for your advice patrick. We'll have a look into getting our own assessor.

Sorry for hijacking this thread Beccus.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Aviva Support

:)

Thanks for your advice patrick. We'll have a look into getting our own assessor.

Sorry for hijacking this thread Beccus.

Hey no problems :)

glad you got some good advice!

B

yes good luck caro....patrickq1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks