CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The new rules implement an EU Directive, the Unfair Commercial Practices Directive (UCP).

it is also worth seeing a copy of this weeks report about inflation where the debate was with the bank of england and wow wait till you read it,i watched it on sky tv last night and some intresting facts about the FSA and their punitive role in NORTHERN ROCK ALSO HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS

GNN - Government News Network

WE should ask the MPs to go through this as well as ordinary people

Thanks for those links! :)

I just registered with the Government News Network. I think a basic registration is open to anybody, and you can subscribe to news alerts.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where the benefactor of a gift or service will in turn provide benefits to a third party.this is what serial reciprocity is all about...this goes beyond the express permission to share data ,for credit,theft,and fraudulent purposes...it flies in the face of the DATA PROTECTION ACT as it was meant to be...i know some may say but this is their rights and this is the rules,you signed an agreement to share your data with third party,my ( non negotionable contract/aplication)had given them express permission was for them to share data only ,for credit,theft,and fraudulent purposes,i have not given any permission to experium nor call credit nor any other company the rights to access this data without my given consent,experium or call credit may hold this information only for a limited period as stated ,unles it is a legitimate default lawfully proccessed in a court of law ,SCOR in my eyes are setting up an illegal DATA SHARING BASE that has not been sanctioned by the rule of law...ok this is their SPIN The 'Governing' principle is that data should only be shared for the prevention of over-commitment, bad debt, fraud and money laundering, and to support debt recovery and debtor tracing, with the aim of promoting responsible lending

this is irresposible as many people have already been ulawfully entered onto this data base without notice or permissions...this peice of information will need to be studied in full i shall also write to my MP and hope every one else does the same ,just to think of this it sounds like the big brother gestapo by the back door,they have made it sound so legal and it looks legal and authoritive i almost beleived it myself into being goverment backed..this is the Information Commissioners Office AND FSA and other turning a blind eye to the human rights charter ..will also put my complaint to the best MP possible to ask qusetions in PARLIMENT and shall put the question to the EU PARLIMENT...but it depends what people on here think about this thats happening....

• Haha 1

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

subscribing. another letter to be sent out. also to cancel that creditreport.

wondered why i was getting so many spam mails and junkmail of late and phonecalls.

smelling big rats now and the smell is getting worse everyday.

glad to take part.

Just logged on to creditexpert to cancel and i have to ring. they have a banner for marketplace which is powered by pricegrabber.com offering great deals on anything and everything. why would they be doing this. its like putting sweets infront of kids sometimes. you will be tempted by them.

almost getting people to take more credit. and they will get something from it as they will be affliated for having the banner on the site. or they own it?

please dont buy via a link from creditexpert. would hate see them making more money from us all.

Pricegrabber.com is one of 'Experian Interactive' Services.

Read About Us: Experian Interactive Companies

on the Pricegrabber.co.uk website:

About Us: Experian Interactive Companies

Experian - 18 days to go - tick tock

Email sent to blockie reminding him of deadline

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

From the same DSBG Webpage:

Ken Maynard Chairman of the DBSG comments: “This is a significant step forward for debt purchasers, and it is clear that access to full data will bring many benefits to DBSG members. Not only does it close off a major loophole to debtors, but access to raw credit data can also be used for data analysis to assist in building or adding to score cards. From a trace viewpoint, extra data such as credit history and credit activity will become available via the online consumer views, which each of the CRA have, showing all accounts, not just defaults. Debt purchasers will need to talk to their chosen CRA or CRA’s to identify the products and specific additional data items in helping with analysis, tracing and collection strategies.

“Of course this data comes with some responsibilities and restrictions, and the credit industry will be watching to see how the debt collection industry will self manage and police the access to this additional data. We must therefore ensure that every debt purchaser adheres to the relevant rules, contracts and code of conduct.”

'self manage and police...' didn't help Beryl Brazier, did it?

Tragic (G E and Westcot Credit)

DBSG Website

i did not think HM CUSTOMS AND EXCISE were in a position to allow this data sharing with the parasites

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Subscribing - joined Experian yesterday, found out about this today:mad:. Never mind OH and I are experienced (pardon the pun) in dealing with phone pests and we both know where the delete key is:D. We await developments with interest.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I have just signed up for the free credit report which was so easy. The web site was down as per sosumi's post, but glad to say worked fine this eve!

Following curlyben's link www.annualcreditreport.co.uk

I have opted for the security code to be send 2nd class to my address (rather than use a debit/credit card for a very small amount - approx £1.70), so I will know hopefully by the end of the week how I "over"look credit wise.

Red

So thank you CB!!

EU Council agrees to Internet snooping proposals - ZDNet UK

now i have seen it all this one takes the biscut...as from the first of oct this was sneaked in through the back door,and it look like the DPA can go into the bin.....must remind MR BROWN AND HIS CRONIES that the election is coming up and i aint a happy bunny anymore....because this will be subject to or could be or could find its way into our ever so freindly SCOR

Just found this thread. I was about to renew my subscription with experian tonight but don't think I will bother now.

i joined annualcreditreport last year and get their monthly e-mails.

this was in this months and gives a list of companies that have put consumers data at risk over the last year:

Have a look at our Risk List to see which companies have lost personal details or who have suffered security breaches over the last 12 months, leaving consumers more vulnerable to identity fraud.

nitac.gif

Company/Organisation Whose details? How many are at risk?

Nationwide Building Society Customers 11 million TK Maxx Customers 46 million worldwide Metropolitan Police Staff 15,000 Worcestershire County Council Staff 19,000 Torbay Borough Council Staff 6,500 Halifax Building Society Customers 13,000 Marks and Spencer Staff on pension scheme 26,000 Royal Cornwall Hospital Staff 10,000 Bulldog Broadband ISP subscribers 100,000 Halifax Bank of Scotland Mortgage borrowers 60,000 Eden Project Staff 500 Newcastle City Council Customers 54,000 Monster (recruitment site) Customers 1 Million Loans.co.uk Customers ? St Edmundsbury Borough Council Staff 1,380 New entries in blue We’ll keep you updated every month if there are any more incidents like these, and don’t forget to use our free and confidential NITAC service if you have any worries at all. If you’re aware of any more cases that we haven’t listed please let us know.

ps. Patrick I wish you all the best with your ops,tc

thank you midge gettin nightmares now thinking about being butchered lol

only fear is the superbug and waking up an finding myself dead as a dodo...if that happens i will haunt the banks lol

i have just posted all this info to JOHN MC FALL MP as he is to question the FSA next week i have also mentioned the cut and paste contracts and the banks and finance companies asking for written signature with an explanation that the FSA AND ICO are ignoring this information,along with the information i sent about SCORN

dont forget all THE DIRECTOR OF THE FSA is good buddies with MR BROWN so a letter to him would probably end up in the bin

good luck with that patrick and please post any replies you get.

I spent most of the night re-reading surly bonds threads, which is how I found this one.

Does anyone know how surly got on with his crusade? He is one very intelligent and socially caring man and i really hope he succeeds.

Directly from the Information Commissioner's Website, you can download these PDFs:

What Price Privacy Now? and

What Price Privacy?

What price privacy now?

The first six months progress in halting the unlawful trade in confidential personal information

In the Foreword, the Information Commissioner writes:

On 10 May 2006 I put a special report before Parliament using, for the first time, powers granted to the Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998. Titled ‘What price privacy?’1 the report exposed an extensive illegal trade in confidential personal information and

made recommendations to government and industry in an effort to halt a serious threat to individuals’ privacy. Some of the press coverage since the report has highlighted the intrusion into the lives of high profile public figures by the media but it should not be forgotten that this trade also affects the lives of people not in the public eye and is very often unrelated to media activity.

Respect for privacy is one of the foundation stones of the modern democratic state. It is enshrined in the European Convention on Human Rights and is directly enforceable in UK courts through the Human Rights Act 1998. Failure to respect an individual’s privacy can lead to distress and in certain circumstances can cause that individual real damage, mentally, physically and financially.

People care about their personal privacy and have a right to expect that their personal details are and should remain confidential. Who they are, where they live, who their friends and family are, how they run their lives: these are all private matters. Individuals may choose to divulge such information to others, but information about themheld confidentially by others should not be available to anyone prepared to pay the right price.

The recommendations in the report sought to tackle the illegal trade in personal information on a number of levels. The main recommendation was the introduction of a two year prison sentence but it also called for the key players to take steps to reduce demand and raise awareness of the problem.

In the report I stated my intention to review the progress made after six months and detail the responses from the many bodies identified as having a role to play. Progress has been significant and encouraging. In particular I welcome the Government’s consultation on increased sentences. Overwhelmingly the responses indicate support for the proposals.

Many organisations have taken steps of their own to raise awareness and tighten security as well as more generally condemning the illegal trade. The majority of the responses and steps taken are to be commended and clearly demonstrate an understanding and commitment to deal with this problem. A few responses have been less encouraging. Here my office will continue to raise awareness and develop support for our proposals.

There is though much for us to be pleased about. I wish to thank all parties that have co-operated with my office to reach the stage that we are at today.

• Haha 1

If anyone wonders, I am trying to get to grips with the enormity of all this. While the SAR from Experian is yet to be forthcoming, I've found their newsletters page:

Vision | Experian UK

Blimey talk about big brother. Is there anything they haven't got a finger in.

Just shows they play two sides of the coin:

“With this acquisition,

Experian is reinforcing

its commitment to

providing its clients with

best practice solutions

covering the entire

customer life cycle,”

says Steve Denby,

Managing Director,

Experian Decision

Analytics EMEAI. “The integration of Tallyman

will allow us to continue to innovate and increase

our competitive advantage in credit collections.”

And this is quite frightening

Advantage Finance, one of the UK’s leading non/

sub-prime car finance providers, has cut the speed

of application processing from 20 minutes to 30

seconds, using Experian’s credit search facility.

and this is cobblers

For consumers, Experian delivers

critical information that enables

them to make financial and

purchasing decisions with

greater control and confidence.

and at what a profit!

Annual sales are $3.5 billion

(£1.8bn/€2.7bn).

experium have now stepped over the line with this health service data and ethenticty wether they are muslim etc....just think how much information they are to your health records and insurance companies who are also using this company geezz how on earth has all this happened,it is frightening the information should nt just cease being holders it should be destroyed on the grounds of well i was going to say data protection cant even say human rights...can you imagine experium sending out their boys from wescott to collect a debt for an insurance company,and oh just in passing we have some info here this guy you want money from has this and that but dont tell anyone...its not even funny anymoreshall have to devise a or some sort of petition and this is something that may fit into cfrx's judicial enquiry as to the DPA has been abused and disseminated to bits it now no longer exists

from DSBG Website here

Now this is fascinating reading. According to the article on the DSBG site "This data may only be used for ‘arrears management’ and cannot be used for due diligence or pricing of portfolios or marketing or targeting specific customers for new products."

and yet those of us who have signed up for Credit Check - including me! - are immediately inundated with materials from loan companies so the above is obviously not being adhered to and/or got around!!

I will be sending out SARs to the two EEs today. :rolleyes:

'Fortune favours the brave.'

Any advice given is purely on the basis of my own views and opinions and offered in good faith.

Now this is fascinating reading. According to the article on the DSBG site "This data may only be used for ‘arrears management’ and cannot be used for due diligence or pricing of portfolios or marketing or targeting specific customers for new products."

and yet those of us who have signed up for Credit Check - including me! - are immediately inundated with materials from loan companies so the above is obviously not being adhered to and/or got around!!

I will be sending out SARs to the two EEs today. :rolleyes:

We also got inundated with post and phonecalls too - we have told each caller to remove us from their marketing lists cause they won't tell us how they got phone number etc.. and they often dial "witheld" numbers so we can't 1471 them to see who they are.

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

Well I received my security code through the post from annualcreditreport.co.uk today, 1st class. What a good suggestion CB. I am a little baffled though (I looked surprisingly credit worthy LOL), and I will be sending my SAR to the two E's as soon as I can afford to!

In summary, there was some info, but quite a lot (of what I would have perceived to be adverse) of credit history that was not showing. i.e. one "deliquent" credit card, and a bank account or two.

What I could not fathom though was why agreeing to a payment plan with one creditor shows as an "ok" (which is good) repayment, but with another creditor, agreeing to a payment plan gets a worse rating of "6" (very bad person!!)

So maybe when I sar Experian and Equifax, things will become clearer!

Interested to see how the rest of you get on!

Red