CAG CRA S.A.R Club

sosumi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The whole thing has massive ramifications IMO.

If we can spare it, I think I might SAR Equifax and the Land Registry on Monday.

I've just been reading about Garlik - has anybody seen their website?

It sounds like a good idea to me. If it's £2.99 a month it's cheaper than Experian, and looks like you get a lot more.

Just a thought - honest! :p

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a link to their Frequently Asked Questions:

https://www.garlik.com/help/index.php?id=4#c50

and they're a member of the Enterprise Privacy Group:

EPG Website

They're also registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Sounds good.

I have never cared so much about personal data protection as I do now. But the whole Debt Collection 'business' - their methods and activities - has seriously freaked me out!! Even if they don't do half the things they threaten to do, they're still abusing our rights!

Plus I get the feeling they're like icebergs - so much beneath the surface that you don't know about.

They're seeking to 'criminalise' people - maybe as a justification for their nasty work, maybe as a way of breaking people down - ie. attrition.

Try typing the words 'credit charity' into your search engine... guess what comes up!:eek:

A 'free credit check' by - guess who!:evil:

Some of you probably already know this, so I apologise for the repeat, but for those who dont'.....

http://www.experianintact.com/content/uk/documents/pressReleases/LabourParty.pdf

Everything begins to stink if you dig too deep.

A certain DCA has/did have a certain politician on the board too.......

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

from the LabourParty.pdf, supplied by DB - :)

NOTES TO EDITORS:

About Experian

Experian provides strategic support to organisations around the world. It helps its clients target, acquire, manage and develop profitable customer relationships. It does this by combining its advanced decision support and outsourcing services with information on consumers, businesses, motor vehicles and property. Experian works with more than 40,000 clients across diverse industries, including financial services, telecommunications,

healthcare, insurance, retail and catalogue, automotive, manufacturing, leisure, utilities, property, e-commerce and government. Millions of consumers rely on Experian's consumer credit services to meet their financial management needs. Experian is a subsidiary of GUS plc and has headquarters in Nottingham, UK, and Costa Mesa, California. It has a 175-year history and unbroken sales growth over the past 23 years. Its

13,000 people support clients in more than sixty countries. Annual sales exceed £1.2 billion.

That was in 2003.

Words fail me!

Well we won £10 on the lottery, so I can afford to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) both Equifax and the Land Registry tomorrow. Equifax recorded a 'trace' on both mine and hubby's Equifax Credit File, by BCW, the very day they signed for my CCA request. I want to know how and why they did that.

Plus, Hillesden said they'd 'successfully made an application to the Land Registry' to confirm I owned our house - and that's the one that really made my skin crawl! It turns out it was all in the wording of the letter, and they really wanted a Charging Order on the house... or what? So hopefully the SAR might shed some light. And you know when I get these SARs...

Any DCAs reading this, I really think you should thank DLC/Hillesden for getting me so riled. Had it not been for them, I might never have noticed the subterranean antics of the rest of you! So, when you feel yourselves under the spotlight, remember who to thank, eh?;)

from the LabourParty.pdf, supplied by DB - :)

That was in 2003.

Words fail me!

Maybe a Knighthood in the offing?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Had a reply from Experian , they're getting the info. together. Sending out Equifax and Land Registry today.

Ditto from Experian - waiting til I get that one B4 trying others.

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

Experian haven't cashed my cheque yet! But they did write to say they were gathering all the data together - last week! Don't know what to think.

Ah, tks. I hadn't seen the £2 effort described anywhere as an 'overview'. The enhanced services providing credit scoring and fraud protection for an ongoing monthly fee are really only additional bolt-ons using the data they already hold, and in itself not a factual representation of the actual data registered against your name.

The SAR should make them supply ALL details they hold on you whether contained on their computers or not. It also requests details of telephone calls, written notes and details of whom they passed your information to as well.

Ah, tks. I hadn't seen the £2 effort described anywhere as an 'overview'. The enhanced services providing credit scoring and fraud protection for an ongoing monthly fee are really only additional bolt-ons using the data they already hold, and in itself not a factual representation of the actual data registered against your name.

As everyone's said, the £2 credit file you can request isn't everything. We both (hubby and I) requested our credit files from Callcredit, each with a £2 cheque. On the top of the reports we received, it says:

'Callcredit

Limited Subject Access Report'

We haven't sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requests to CallCredit yet.

I would be interested to discover what limitations they put on the data they are required to provide for the £2 fee. If you are saying there is more information that would affect my credit status viewable for an additional £8 (or whatever their fee is), then this would be an issue for the ICO.

As for Call Credit, for my £2 I got just 3 words on my report; 'No Data Stored'.

As a £2 investment I can just about stand for that, but not at a tenner!

It has always kind of baffled me - that we send £10 for an SAR to these companies requesting data that they hold on us etc.. - letters we send request "ALL" information that these companies hold about us.

I do often wonder why these companies don't show us the data they send to the CRA's about us etc.. My logic tells me that what these companies send to CRA's is obviously about us - so perhaps ought to be included with the SAR when they send it to us - there are obviously going to be some trails of how/why information was sent to the CRA's like the "screen dumps" some companies send us.

Be interesting to know whether I am alone in that trail of thought.

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

Well I can do a couple of mini-updates.

My S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request to Experian overlapped with a problem hubby is having with them - namely they cashed his £2 fee for his credit report, denied receiving it, sent him an email with a green 'pre-paid' application form attached which he, believing this was genuine, and an effort on their part to sort out the 'missing' £2 fee, completed and returned. They then wrote to him on 19th Sept, saying thanks for the request, but you haven't enclosed the fee!

So he's written another £2 cheque, together with a letter requesting a complaint form and a copy of their complaints procedure, which I posted (he has a fractured foot) by recorded delivery yesterday.

These things may be overlapping, so we'll have to wait and see. Because strangely, I received a letter from them dated 18th Sept saying that my hubby had indicated a financial association with me on his application! :D

Mighty peculiar. ie. not the obvious that being married and together we're associated, but that they seem to be processing his credit report while denying it! They've annoyed him now!

Meanwhile, since the letter they sent me dated 11th Sept, confirming my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) as received on 5th Sept, I've yet to receive the 'data' they stated they'd begun compiling.

Equifax - sent me a letter and an application form on 19th Sept, acknowledging receipt of £10 cheque (they've cashed it) and asking me to complete and return the application form. Not a problem - except a curious section on the back. It says:

'If you believe that we hold e-mails that contain personal data relating to you could you please provide us with the following where possible

The names of the authors of the message

The names of the recipients of the message

The subject of the e-mails

The date or range of dates upon which the messages have been sent.'

- Now is it just me, but how the bleep am I supposed to know that? I've requested all details and information they hold about me, as is my right, and enclosed the fee, which they've cashed - I want the all bleeping data!

So I've said as much. Again, we wait.

Land Registry - this was a long shot, but they've written back enclosing a guidance booklet and I think I might call in at the local office to talk to them in person. I want to find out just what Hillesden/DLC were doing with my information!