Welcome Finance - This company needs to be banned.

tightbum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

confused

what i am getting at is when you do a modified agreement, welcome pay off the previouse loan minus ppi etcand interest payments that would be applied to the end of the agreement.

do you have the settlement figures

ive a feeling welcome as the norm have done the normal apr rebate on the loan but not the ppi and interest rebate

HI

ORIGINAL FIGURES ARE AS FOLLOWS AS AT 15TH FEB 07

CAR £10420

INSURANCES £3232.75

AMOUNT LEFT ON OLD CAR £940.42

TOTAL CREDIT £ 14593.17

PLUS APR 10% TOTAL £17628.96 OVER 48 MONTHS £367.27

MODIFIED AGREEMENT JUST STATES AMOUNT FOR FINANCE £13525.68 OVER 84 MONTHS £161.02 STATENT SAYS HOME IMPROVEMENT STATEMENT

Hi Andie, looking at your Statement of Price....can I ask if you know what the Lifecare 24 is?

Thanks for looking Dipply - I'm claiming ALL insurances back as none would pay out on my with my existing medical condition - technically DG/NU should have voided the insurance and returned all the money but we all know why they aren't gonna be able to do that don't we??

In the meantime I was sure I had them on the interest on agreement fee but now after Peter has said what he did I don't think I can.

However not to be beated I feel a test case is in order - I'm still taking the agreement to court and will go for enforceability citing fraud and misrepresentation of the facts about what I know is in there that doesn't show up (follow my drift!)

As always I just need a good judge on a good day and hell I'll risk the court costs on it - Will Welcome risk the cost of it all coming out and being on court record?

As always I just need a good judge on a good day and hell I'll risk the court costs on it - Will Welcome risk the cost of it all coming out and being on court record?

;) Got my £10 put by lol

Having a closer look at your statement of price BTW, can you try calculating the monthly amount of Insurance they list by the 36 months and see if the figures match up? And can you confirm what interest rate (not apr arrghh! lol) they state on the agreement?

I can't see the figures completely.

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

I've just been having a look at a thing called "The Misrepresenation Act 1967".

It *appears* to say if you're lied to when making a contract (say a loan agreement!) then the contract may be rescinded

and you are entitled to restitution (ie, returned to the state you were in before the start of the contract) -

so if you've borrowed £5000 and it cost you £12000 by the time you've paid charges/interest - you are owed £7000!

I think! But I'll be asking my solicitor on monday.

Carpe Jugulum

;) Got my £10 put by lol

Having a closer look at your statement of price BTW, can you try calculating the monthly amount of Insurance they list by the 36 months and see if the figures match up? And can you confirm what interest rate (not apr arrghh! lol) they state on the agreement?

I can't see the figures completely.

Hi Dipply Thanks Again - Interest Is 51.1%

BigEgg - I like the sound of that - love to hear the outcome from your solicitors.

Also, hope I'm not going to throw any spanners in the works (and apologies I haven't read the whole thread) but I did claim on redundancy and it did pay out and it was Direct that I went through.

Just as a matter of interest has anyone looked at being mis-sold the whole loan and not just the PPI? I think I may have proof of this and just wondered if anyone else had gone down this route?

Hi everyone,

I have made an appointment to see a top financial lawyer next week and will take all my old WF agreements with me plus the latest one and see what he says.

In the meantime, I will continue paying them the smaller amount that CCCS said I should pay as I am legally bound by my agreement until the lawyer says I am not.

Thank you all for your advice on here but I have to resolve this matter now and get peace of mind.

If Welcome Finance folds then sobeit but I still have signed an agreement and owe them money whether I like it or not.

I will report back once I have had my expert legal advice.

Bye for now.

It's mainly down to OFT's guidelines in non status lending -

Underwriting - assessing the borrowers ability to repay & irresponsible lending & lending on equity alone.

Selling Methods - Should not encourage borrower to replace unsecured with secured debt

There are a few other thoughts I've had regarding terms within CCA 1974 but then get very confused with the amendments in the 2006 Act

It's mainly down to OFT's guidelines in non status lending -

Underwriting - assessing the borrowers ability to repay & irresponsible lending & lending on equity alone.

Selling Methods - Should not encourage borrower to replace unsecured with secured debt

There are a few other thoughts I've had regarding terms within CCA 1974 but then get very confused with the amendments in the 2006 Act

I see - well good luck you sound like you have a plan.

If i can be of any help anytime I will

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks