Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

i'm new to the site and not sure if this is the right place to post.

In decemebr last year I sent off for a copy of my credit agreement - I waited the 12 working days plus 30 days time limit. I wrote to the debt company 1st credit and told them they had committed an offence by not sending me the credit agreememt in within the time scale. I also sent a letter to TSB, who the original debt was with teling them the same. I also sent a letter to the OFT telling them I had had no response.

I heard nothing else - This week I got a etter from a solicitor with a copy of the credit agreement. Is this now enforcable now it has appeared - even though it was late and I made a complaint?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mandy :-)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi.

i'm new to the site and not sure if this is the right place to post.

In decemebr last year I sent off for a copy of my credit agreement - I waited the 12 working days plus 30 days time limit. I wrote to the debt company 1st credit and told them they had committed an offence by not sending me the credit agreememt in within the time scale. I also sent a letter to TSB, who the original debt was with teling them the same. I also sent a letter to the OFT telling them I had had no response.

I heard nothing else - This week I got a etter from a solicitor with a copy of the credit agreement. Is this now enforcable now it has appeared - even though it was late and I made a complaint?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mandy :-)

Hi Mandy :)

You would be better off starting your own thread so that you can get the best advice. Have a look at this thread to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

You can post your thread title here when you've done it so people can give you support on it ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

You would be better off starting your own thread so that you can get the best advice. Have a look at this thread to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

You can post your thread title here when you've done it so people can give you support on it ;)

Hi hopeful1 - Thanks for your advice - I have started a new thread. i didn't know how to do it ! :-)

The new title is " Credit agreement appeared after time limit"

thanks again

mandy

Hi hopeful1 - Thanks for your advice - I have started a new thread. i didn't know how to do it ! :-)

The new title is " Credit agreement appeared after time limit"

thanks again

mandy

This is the link to Mandy's new thread .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/146269-credit-agreement-appreared-after.html#post1542673

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for that citizenB. I just stopped ironing for 5 mins to do the same ;)

can sumbody tell me what ironing is please.

I have a iron and ironing board but i dont use them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks for that citizenB. I just stopped ironing for 5 mins to do the same ;)

LOL. Great minds and all that . :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone advise please ? I cleared a cc debt 5 years ago . I then foolishly ran up a debt on the account when sent a new card after 2 years . When sent the card I DID NOT SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT even thought the terms and interest rates had changed . So even thought they sent a signed application form ,claiming its a valid CCA , IT DOES NOT COVER THE NEW CARD THAT WAS SENT ?

Can anyone advise please ? I cleared a cc debt 5 years ago . I then foolishly ran up a debt on the account when sent a new card after 2 years . When sent the card I DID NOT SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT even thought the terms and interest rates had changed . So even thought they sent a signed application form ,claiming its a valid CCA , IT DOES NOT COVER THE NEW CARD THAT WAS SENT ?

Did the new card have the same number as before ?. If so, I would imagine they will contest the old agreement does cover it. :)

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of this will advise you further.

BCOBS

"An application form can be a valid CCA if it embodies all the prescribed terms"

is this correct? found it on mse+

That is correct. It's always a good idea to scan your applications / agreements up on your thread for others to share their views.

mbna have sold my debt to agency. sent postal orders requested a copy of my credit agreement which they do not have as i have never signed one.asked me to send passport to verify it was me try to get my signiture.now getting threats to pay in full were do i stand anyone.

mbna have sold my debt to agency. sent postal orders requested a copy of my credit agreement which they do not have as i have never signed one.asked me to send passport to verify it was me try to get my signiture.now getting threats to pay in full were do i stand anyone.

Hi Bighair :)

You would be better off starting your own thread in the MBNA forum.

Have a look at this guide first to help you on your way:

Just shout if you get stuck.

P.S I haven't previously sent a copy of my driving license but blacked out my signature :D You're quite right not to let them have your sig.

Hi guys

Just read thread 61 which states an application form can be a credit agrrement.

Halifax are taking me to court with an application form.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/146601-mtb-halifax.html

I scanned it on here last year and was told because it was an application form it was not enforceable.

Help

Alamand

Can I ask about CCA request - if they just send you a small photocopy of the front sheet - No t& C's on anything, is that sufficient?

If there is anyone that could cast an eye over the agreement on my thread I would be sososo grateful! The copy listed is my original - what they supplied to the cca request for just as above,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/131435-welcome-finance-missold-ppi-2.html

Thanks! :)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

well it is pretty obvious that if they dont provide u with a cca then they have not complied.

A small copy of a front page with t&cs missing is in correct.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks Godmother. It was one of those - you know its wrong but you just have to check before shouting at them lol.

Congratulations on your daughter BTW, that must have been such a relief! Am so chuffed for you :)

While I am being a pest - I remember reading along some of the threads about acceptance fees and paying interest on them - is it allowed or not?

The agreement we have - the acceptance fee shows as a separate addition from the total charge for credit, yet on their statement is has been added at the start and interest payable from then on.

Total amount of credit on agreement - £4562.86

Initial Disbursement on the statement - £4637.86 - exactly £75 difference

Is this allowed?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

You're right - they can't charge interest on the fee.

But are you sure they've been adding interest to the £75.00 Dipply?

I only ask 'cos I had a similar initial thought when I looked through statements/agreement on a loan but when I worked it out carefully it was correct - it was just the way it was shown. You have to calculate (1) the no. of payments x monthly amount & (2) calculate how much interest is due on just the loan figure. Do they match? I think a 1% tolerance is allowable.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

ahhhh, I will have to check into that. I am glad you pointed that out, thank you. I cannot delay giving them my complaint so i will just ask them if they are charging me interest on the fee - that way I have asked them, lets see what they say, while I practice my maths ; )

I havent posted my letter on my thread yet as its like 9 pages long with 12 detailed complaints in it, its a bit ridiculous for anyone to have to read through lol!

Dipply75

Well, have tried the maths thing and am just giving myself a headache.... is there anyway you could work out the figures for me? I would be so grateful!

I think what is confusing me is that the interest rate on the agreement doesnt seem to add up - or I am just eternally blonde........

Dipply75

I'll try when I have time later - it took me ages to do mine too!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thankyou thankyou :)

These links are for the agreement and the 1st page of the statement.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/Picture.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/WelcomeLoan2blanked.jpg

Edited by Dipply75
mistake

Dipply75

I've PMd you Dipply with my calcs. Think they have it correct i.e. interest not charged on the fee.

Thankyou for that, you're an angel - makes sense now! Have removed the statement now also. If there's ever anything I can help with, just leme know : )

Dipply75

You're welcome. Good luck with claim...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks