Olden v Barclays Bank

olden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you added to her buddy list ........ could be she has restricted pm's to buddies only

Hi there :oops: YES I am afraid you are right I have just unticked it now!! sorry

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it's OK I have to get an early night, I look after my 18month old baby granddaughter every Monday and Tuesday, 8 oclock number two daughter rushes in with three children for breakfast! and then takes the other two to school ,( where she teaches) so I had better be fit after my hard working weekend..... Then I have to ring court, and start printing what I need..... val

Hi jenny if you are around, I have been a bit busy sending emails and letters of another kind of complaint to Ideal Shopping. 2 tems I sent back they have not refunded they have confirmed receiving and say they have refunded. I have sent seven emails, letters, with copies of my Barclaycard statement, Barclaycards verbal confirmation no refund received, and phone calls since end of August, and even today they keep repeating they have refunded. Talk about hitting your head against a brick wall WHAT NEXT. val.

hi Val, how frustrating, how about they show you their bank statements where they refunded the money to you.... not a hope in hell I bet.. tell them you are taking it to the financial ombusdman, but dont give up.

give the financial busman a ring and explain what is happening, they may interven if you have the statement proof.. and write to Ideal Shopping on your behalf, worth a try;) Off to bed now, just watched a scarey movie so will prob be awake half the night!

Yes give them a ring (my sister did when she had a problem and they acted straight away) I am sure they will help with this problem especially as you can prove that you have not had the refund and that Ideal Shopping are ignoring you... it may be that they have refunded the wrong account and need to investigage but of course they cant be bothered to look into that !

HI Val, any luck with the busman?

I rang ccc today, the court manager or was it listings not sure, rang me back they only received my letter today!.... but could not find my email... anyway, they are going to do their best (as I complained that they had lost my last application) to get me on the 19th if I didnt mind such short notice.... but I will have to wait and see if the notice arrives.. but there is a slight glimmer of hope I might be with you.

Hi Jenny I phoned the FO and the chap informed me that they do not handle issues of this nature if I were complaining about barclaycard they would, but this is not in their jurisdiction and told me to ring consumer direct. ( by the way I never dial the 0845 numbers they give out, I go to the site saynoto 0870 for the geographocal) the chap advised me to send the letter again this time by recorded delivery and with print outs of all the emails , copies of statements etc, as they could not ignore a recorded letter, ha ha ha I said don't make me laugh , give them seven days to pay and if no joy phone him again. I said this is so wrong, I should not have to be spending all this time and effort because someone in a multimillion pound business has made a mistake. does it ever end!!!

oh also, i phoned the court and they said that as this is only a brief hearing for application to stay, there is nothing required before the hearing and in fact only the applicaiton and objections relating to the case on the day, also I think a brief list of expenditure?

I started printing out the stay ojection bundle today so have reams of paper, but do you mean you only need the original application with objections or add the bundle docs as well.... with regard to expenditure, how about 7 months x 3 hours a day x £15 an hour = a nice handsome sum!!!

thanks for the 0845 info, had heard about it, but didnt know how to get the numbers.

hope that consumer direct can help.. think you will have to add some compensation to your claim for all the effort, stress etc., that this has caused you.

SAYNOTO 0870.com-non -Geographical Alternatives I use this one, there are several of them. I have saved quite a lot thanks to this. did yo know about these numbers? how they operate to earn money for the recipient thats why they keep you waiting playing their wonderful music to you, the whole sordid business of these numbers is to be raised in parliament next year.

strangely enough I stayed up very late last night printed off all the stay bundle!! I thought I should try to understand some of it and pick out the important bits, but I don't think we need it, I am not sure about the application but I would think it's the one we have already submitted, why would we need an updated one? as for expenditure yes we deserve compensation the amount of time we have devoted to this.

Diff is 0870 = about 10p/min!

0845 = 2p/min or cost of a local call

Drives me mad as I get ALL my calls, local or national, free on my call package. But these numbers I have to pay for.

My MP got complaint from me about DVLA having only 0870 no. for contact and is investigating.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Olden, was reading about your bundle for stay hearing on Mac and Ja-de`s thread. you might find this worth adding to it.

http://www.uswitch.com/Press-Room/Index.aspx?downloadfile=THE-%E2%80%98BIG-FREEZE%E2%80%99-LEAVES-ONE-MILLION-BANK-CUSTOMERS-OUT-IN-THE-COLD

It give lots of information on how much banks have paid out and how much profit they are making from the FSA waiver.:o:o might help to annoy judge and get him/her on your side,:rolleyes: I am going to try it at my hearing.

regards Stone:D

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

Diff is 0870 = about 10p/min!

0845 = 2p/min or cost of a local call

Drives me mad as I get ALL my calls, local or national, free on my call package. But these numbers I have to pay for.

My MP got complaint from me about DVLA having only 0870 no. for contact and is investigating.

Slick

Exactly slick, I get mine free on my deal with carphone warehouse, and since I discovered sayno to 0870, I never ever dial those numbers, I have saved a lot on this, the Ideal shopping numbers are 0870 and 0871, the other thing you will notice is that you get answered straight away on the geographical number not so the others.

Hi Olden, was reading about your bundle for stay hearing on Mac and Ja-de`s thread. you might find this worth adding to it.

to try it at my hearing.

regards Stone:D

Hi stonde I have just read that thanks so much I will add this to the others, in readiness.

Hi Val, hows the bundle going? I printed & photocopied more today.. but with the possibility of yet another postal strike next week I will ring the court Monday to see if I have managed to get the same oral hearing as you. Im going to Lancaster sat/sun to see my sister so wont be able to do anymore for my bundle until next week. I just thought, do we have to submit all the actual bank statements x 3.... hope that the soc's are enough for this hearing

I have just phoned the court again because I wanted to ask if they had any idea whether the bank would turn up for this sort of hearing? I spoke to clerk and then a woman who seemed more involved in the case, and finally she put me through to a Graham Driver, he said that he did not know but wouldn't think the bank would attend, he said there are a lot of people attending that day, also i asked about what to bring he seemed to think just bring what you thought was approriate to the Application. and he didn't give me a straight answer as to whether a new application was needed so I still don't know but he said if you have submitted everything its all here, so what amount of work to do on this Stay Bundle, I have copied everything, I don't know if I should take 3 copies to the court or post one myself to Barclays. He also said that even if you did get your stay lifted, its unlikely any case will be arranged until after the OFT case, and that if the bank lose they will most probably appeal, as is the same if they win, WE will have to appeal. This is beginning to sound like a waste of time again!!!

I don't think it requires doing any soc or statements at this stage,

tezl... you will get it removed again!! lol

Val, by the sound of it the oral hearing is going to be just a formality where the outcome has already been decided, also it seems that a bundle is not going to be looked at ... from your comment "but he said if you have submitted everything its all here,". Im waiting to see what barclays defence is, if anyone gets a copy of it to post on here... I think most effort should go into the skeleton arguement which would outline to the judge your main objections and personal reasons.