Olden v Barclays Bank

olden
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Val, a result at last! This is what the clerk at the court said (I posted previously in the Cardiff thread) that oral hearings would probably be granted - wonder how many others will receive the same.... although on my part not even received a response to my stay appeal!!! Please keep a list of all the documents you are using!!! Iam so pleased for you xxx Jenny

From your post on EBM's thread -

Hi mummybird Yes I think thats sensible you have nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain. I also have just read that post of GARYH and now I am worried because my claim was started on MCOL and when Barclays put in their defence, they used the carbon copy wording, including the part about quote" point 1 the Particulars of Claim do not provide details or particulars of the account in question, or the precise charges alleged to have been unlawful or the date thereof bla bla "

well of course I had already supplied them with all these particulars and details and the precise charges, but does this now mean that because they were not all listed on the MCOL claim I have a problem? Bear in mind that I immediately wrote a letter answering every single one of the points shown in the defence. but will a letter be adequat:confused: :confused:

I think you're worrying about this unnecessarily but will go back and check your thread.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Okay thanks slick, I hope you are right , the prospect of having to add that to my list of paperwork is a bit daunting, and I don't know if it would be too late now anyway, hope they don't pick on that.

Olden,

The problem with ebm's case centres on whether she comlied with directions to send in POC when told. Of course, she did.

In YOUR case, I can't see that you've failed to do anything which you were told to. However, because the start of your thread lists everything in one go, it may be there's more detail.

Lots of letters to here and there are listed but the important thing is:-

1. When case was xferred to CCourt, what directions were given. Did they say you had to file SOC or POC for example. If so, did you comply.

Check this and come back if you're unsure.

Slick

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Slick

First of all ,there is a lot more detail to be honest I haven't listed everything there, for instance I do not say that I sent off the letter responsing to the arguments in the defence,

Second, the case tranfd from Northampton to Newport the filing of Allocation Questionaire dispensed with. ' Newport Notice of transf 'to the Cardiff CC referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions details of the judges decision will be sent to you.in a notice of allocatoin. 'General Form of Judgment' Before Judge H..Upon neither party attending..it is ordered that... Directions will be given in this case by the designated civil judge His Honour Judge G Hickinbottom on the 14th August.......

The parties may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing.

I have never been asked to submit anything yet? As you know I received court form staying this case on 10th August. ?

Olden,

Hope you didn't wait up for me to reply! LoL

Had another look through and I can't see that any review of your case occured when it came to CCC. Directions were due to be given at the hearing on 13th Aug which was vacated pending OFT case.

In other words, I can't see that you were told to do anything by the court. When your case IS reviewed either at, or before, a hearing, you will be told if your SOC, POC's (for example) need resubmitting.

I see you have sent a lot of letters that may not have been necessary (eg replying item for item to banks defence). Stick just to what is required so you don't complicate your case or cause yourself more work and stress.

If you need further info, just post here.

Slick

Hi slick thanks again I do see what you mean, but that was at the very start, and I was even more naive and innocent>haha, I have learned a lot over the months on here!! who needs university!! By the way all that money we spent on our 3 children in university, all too busy now to help poor old mum! in fact it's STILL the other way around ME helping them with looking after the 8 grandchildren!!!

Hi there you seem quite far on in your claim so will be able to help me. I got a reply to my prelim today saying they are busy and will deal with claim in 6-7 weeks, do I just send LBA or write giving them a further week

Andrea,

Replied to on your thread.

Slick

Olden,

You should start charging childminding fees - that way, you won't need to worry about winning your bank claim anymore. You'll be quids-in!! Lol

Slick

Andrea, Hi there Well I don't know if you followed the MSE step by step guide to reclaiming, if so I would do what it says and keep strictly to YOUR timetable, I followed that procedure to the letter at the start, but I don't have any info on the procedure on this site I expect it the same. I have found so many really helpful people on this site it is brilliant, and it is working non stop to get justice from the banks, FSA and OFT. This site is excellent

Hi slick Well as good as that sounds, we could never bring ourselves to take money from our children, I know daft isn't it, they have no problem taking from us! but they have huge mortgages to pay and it's hard enough bringing up children these days. we have to help out when we can, they have all moved back within ten minutes of us, so theres no getting out of it.!

Hi Olden,

No, we still can't PM you (got this from Tez's thread).

Print these instructions out and try this:-

1. Click User CP in bar above Sub Forums at top of page.

2. Control Panel on left - in 3rd box down, click Edit Options

3. Under 2nd box down on right - Messaging and Notification, go to 3rd sub box and click Enable Private Messaging (leave green tick in box).

4. Scroll down and click on Save Changes under 5th box.

That may help - if it does, please click my scales. If not come back and complain!

Slick

Hi slick, thanks I had been so busy over on the MSE site I've done it now. I had a reply from MARTN yes the Martin!! I have posted it over on Cardiff Directions, should I post it on other sites, not sure about these things I am getting confused don't know where I am flitting back and forth

You're still not able to receive Pm's, Slick

Ok ...... what you need to do is go to usercp then edit options then go to the messaging notification ... private messaging tick enable private messaging

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Olden,

I've seen the reply from ML - well done you for trying.

Still can't send you a PM - did you print out and follow the instuctions in my post #41 above.

Did you press SAVE CHANGES before leaving the CP pages.

Beyond that, I'm out of ideas (anyone got a hammer and screwdriver!).

All the best, Slick

Are you added to her buddy list ........ could be she has restricted pm's to buddies only

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

yeah that will be why you can pm her and no one else can :)

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar