Leeds Mercantile Hearing, 29 August 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not looking very promising is it srfrench.... the only ones I know about are donnac, lozza2306 and grayb. There certainly isn't the same response this time as there was for the last hearing in June?

Jenny was told by court that the hearing was full so maybe people using other sites or doing it themselves... it will be interesting to see how many are there on the day..

At least there will be at least two of us anyway!

Scoobz

No it's listed as a case management hearing. Though if it's full...even better. Better get prepared at least.

Ok so:

Me

ScoobZ

DonnaC

Lozza2306

GrayB

Jenny B (in spirit :D )

Seems a nicely sized group.

Ooo ooo 4 days to ge and I've got the squitties :rolleyes:

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

I'll be there. Still got some printing out to do. I am thinking of three little folders, bare essentials, to have to hand if the Lawyers want to know how much they should pay me, or if the Judge wants some to use as toilet paper or whatever...

From pessimistic, bringing-me-down kind of mood, I expect the cases to be stayed and me to have stressed myself white-knuckled for a day far away from where I want to be. For that extra step of inconvenience and discomfort I pray that the Abbey pay heavily, if not to me, then in the afterlife. May the collected Banks serve for all eternity as the toilet unblockers for Satan's army of laxative-testers (otherwise known as Lawyers).

You'll recognise me by the world-weary, bled-dry and emaciated appearance and the moth-eaten ten-years-out-of-date suit that my wife has suggested I use for the occasion. I may even end up buying a new shirt to go with it. Any suggestions on what tie to get (Does the Judge hail from any of those schools of the Old Boy Network?), I could buy a fake Eton, Harrow or Gordonstown if necessary. It's either that or the paint-spattered jeans and T-shirt that says "hard-working and financially impoverished victim".

Best of luck all of you

I will be watching for news.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks for that jansus.

List so far then:

Me

ScoobZ

DonnaC

Lozza2306

GrayB

Jenny B (in spirit :grin: )

Entitled

LOL @ Entitled......... I fully expect someone to turn up in a loin cloth and nothing else to plead poverty! :rolleyes::p

Still I received a letter from the Courts and Abbey at the same time indicating they will be applying for a stay but the hearing for it will be heard at the Case Management Hearing this Weds 29th.

So all you peeps out there get the applications for stay printed off into your notes for prep and I will do what I can on the day to assist us all to hone the argument and steady the nerves.

PS: I've still got the squitties! :rolleyes:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

I thought posts 320 and 321 were valid on this thread(page 16 -17) - just a thought

jan

Find out here if your local court is staying claims

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

and this thread todayStay overturned, a fine defence !

in halifax

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

No problem.......

Me

ScoobZ

DonnaC

Lozza2306

GrayB

Entitled

Rtech

How many of you are using the standard POC's and how many of you are challenging the level of levied fees in their claim?

CMI done and in,and an application for me to accompany my daughter and speak on her behalf if necessary,as a layman,.As yet have had no reply ref that but will ring the Court Tuesday.

Excuse my ignorance,but am I right in assuming,that this POC is the template,for listing the objections to the stay,arranged to fit in some possible personal considerations????,as circumstances for all may well not be totally the same.

Okay, so I checked my post and I see I have a letter form The Abbey. It contains copies of their CMC questionnaire (you know, the thing that was supposed to be at the Court minimum 7 days before the 29th Aug) post dated 24th Aug. It also included a list of the 16 Abbey claims that are being dealt with on the 29th, and requests for Stays on all of them. I read through the Stay Request and it all seems to be perfectly sensible reasonable and annoyingly common sense. I need to remind myself what the "request for removal of stay" reads like.

So anyhow, is it likely that the Judge will grant this stay before next Wednesday? I would really prefer not to go all the way to Leeds (it might seem like a short distance but I have all sorts of problems leaving kids at home with my poorly wife). I'm going to ring on Tuesday(after Bank Hol) but I can guess the answer "If you don't hear anything from us, proceed as normal".

Where do you park?

How much will that cost?

How long will I need to be there?

Where shall I buy my Red Carnation?

CMI done and in,and an application for me to accompany my daughter and speak on her behalf if necessary,as a layman,.As yet have had no reply ref that but will ring the Court Tuesday.

Excuse my ignorance,but am I right in assuming,that this POC is the template,for listing the objections to the stay,arranged to fit in some possible personal considerations????,as circumstances for all may well not be totally the same.

Hi The poc is what you originally put in your court claim i.e....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

or

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

When i was there, a couple came with a baby, the claimant stayed outside while her hubby/boyfriend acted for her...no issues at all.

HTH Jenny x

So anyhow, is it likely that the Judge will grant this stay before next Wednesday? Leeds so far is business as usual

Where do you park? There are loads of multistoreys around, only a short walk from the train station too.

How much will that cost? probably from about 3.50..at least

How long will I need to be there? Could be all day i got there at 10am and didnt leave till 5 ish...very long day even though they had only allocated 1/2 a day

Where shall I buy my Red Carnation? hahaha...take a banner, balloons, fly the flag. "consumers against unlawful bank charges" hahaha

HTH

Jennyx

Apply for costs.... £9.25 per hour, travel expenses (public transport costs only).

I don't really know how long or when in the day our cases will be heard but they will be "Claimants v Abbey" at some stage and the Judge will go through each one, then "Claimants v HSBC" etc etc.

As soon as you're through you can leave the Court and go home. My advice is to travel into Leeds via train and head to the Leeds Combined Courts by a 6 min walk or taxi. Taking the car is not only difficult, expensive and problematic, you will also find the Court prob won't cover the expense!

However good news is that the case management hearings should be over relatively quickly. :D;)

The 9.25 also covers your time too, i.e preparation, day @ court etc. This is called the litigate in person costs under CPR 48? I claimed these twice with barclays for between 25-35 hours...works out a nice top up!!

Thanks Jen....

This time tomoz peeps - yipeeeeeeeeee

Here we go for today's head count....

Me

Srfrench

DonnaC

Lozza2306

GrayB

Entitled

Rtech

Critical Mass

Noodles 3

Jess 124

Friend of jamie9dh

Any more?

Scoobz

Hi people,

I claimed my charges back months ago from HSBC, lovely people! anywho, a friend of mine asked about it and i pointed him in the direction of this website, i photocopied a few letters for him and answered a few question when he asked, he has just phoned me and asked if he has to go to court tomorrow! He is at leeds merc court, the last correspondence he had was from Barclays saying about holding the case due to the OF test case. Any advice greatly and urgently appreciated, what should we do? My case never court near the court room, it was over a year ago now, he send the schedule to the bank and was told no questionnaire was needed by the court, i think... Sorry to ask so late in the day, regards