Squarebob v A&L

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

just in case you get hearing:)

Bundle for stay hearings

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Alice,

You are too kind, cheers, washes the blue pills down a treat!

Did have a shock this morning though, in todays paper seems a chappie has been making a fortune selling fake blue pills, hopefully not the same as mine, though I did wonder why I kept getting sstrange syde effects with these bloo piles that I have been taking to calm my nerves down.

Bye for now, I feel a 'Hot Flush' coming on so I'm off for a lay down.

SQ xxx

Kat, how nice to see that someone else also had a 2nd toe longer than the Big toe, in my case I have had an inch cut off one 2nd toe and an inch and a half of the other 2nd toe, trouble is now the shorter one sticks up in the air.

SQxxx

PS Hope you are keeping well. Your stripey pills did not start with an 'M' did they?

Quick word for Alice, Elton John has a pair of those shoes in your picture.

Good morning Past, Present and Future claimants.

I posted the following on another thread, so I'll put it where it should be.

My court hearing, as already posted, was on the 14th of September 2007. Yesterday I received from the Court the general Form of Judgement or Order. Before I get to the 'Bones' of the order, I found the following amusing;

Hearing the Claimant in person and the Defendant not attending. I may have been able to say something, but it was all a waste of time as all I was there for was to be told that my claim was to be stayed.

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claim be stayed with immediate effect pending the ultimate determination of the Commercial Court litigation or the 31st March 2008 whichever is the sooner.

2. Permission to apply to lift or extend the stay. Any application shall:

(i) be made on notice to all other parties,

(ii) include reasons why this claim should proceed before the ultimate determination of the Commercial Court litigation.

3. Unless the court has given directions in the meantime, the Claimant shall upon notice to the Defendant apply for directions within 3 months of the ultimate determination of the Commercial Court litigaion.

Squarebob

Bump Bump Bump

• 1 month later...

Squarebob is Alive and Well, but due to the meanies at A&L not giving him his money back, is now resident in the Bear Garden working as a slave and playmate to a very demanding group of ladies who call themselves the 'Angels'.

On a serious note, I am in court on the 31st of October (Spooky) regarding having my stays uplifted and today I have received a copy of a 15 page witness statement from Wragge's solicitors. On the front it states that this witness statement is by Fiona Jennie Hayles on behalf of the Defendant. The witness statement covers all aspects of our reasons for having the stays uplifted and their arguments as to why these reasons are not valid. They also give two examples: Mark Heynes Vs HSBS Bank and Mark Heynes Vs Alliance & Leicester of someone in dire needs who never got his stay(s) uplifted.

Now if the consumer action group give me their current address, then I can send thenm a copy of this wonderful statement to them.

Squarebob :)

Bump, Bump, Bump,

Sorry all, I seem to spend my days being a handmaiden to the Angels in the Bear Garden.

I duly went to court on the 31st. And was meet by a 'Legal Eagle' representing A&L who pointed out that it was his job to make sure the 'Stay' would stay firmly in place and no matter what my arguments were to be, that, unfortunately, he was there to shoot them down in flames.

As I had already had the best part of a month to chew things over, I had already decided that the only way forward was to accept the 'Stay' and just await the results of the impending court case, I did Not tell the 'Leagle Eagle' what I intended to do.

We were duly called in, the 'Legal Eagle' was largely ignored by the Judge, as the Judge had already told the 'Legal Eagle' that it was my day in court. The Judge was quite fair in what he said, he had studied numerous bank charge cases across the country in great detail and felt that it was about time a definite decision regarding bank charge claims was made. The Judge also said that he felt that people who encouraged other people in making requests to have stays uplifted in view of the impending court case was morally wrong. The Judge felt that the blanket decision now was that all claims should be stayed until the outcome of the impending court case was known.

The Judge, once again complemented me on the presentation of my case, but pointed out that no matter how strong or which path my arguments had taken, his decision would have had to been the same, that is, he would have upheld the stay. The Judge then said that my decision to allow the stay to continue was not only a sensible one, but was also the right decision to have taken.

Squarebob

yes bump to the top of the pile

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Hi Squarebob

Well done in court! I think you made the right decision in not fighting the stay as I get the feeling that unless you are a real hardship case then you've got no chance. People have been paying out loads to apply to have stays lifted without success but at the time I don't think people knew what they were up against which is a shame as the majority of people could not afford the fee.

If A&L apply to have my case stayed when I'm in court on 29th Nov then I will be following the same course of action that you have and will hold out until the test case in the new Year, although I will still say my piece in court.

Roll on January!

Regards

Scoobz

Thankyou for your kind comments Scoobz,

I too did have my say, once the Judge had said his goodly and lengthy piece, I made the comment that had A&l not been represented this time, then my comments would have been a lot stronger. As you will appreciate not a lot can be said on these forums, as the enemy avidly scan all these forums on a daily basis. Suffice to say, that the Judge was not best pleased at the number of people applying to have their stays uplifted and having paid their fee did not have any real chance of having their stay uplifted no matter how strong their argument was. In some cases, the application would be denied, thus saving the claimant £35.00, in others a hearing would be granted, in my case as the Judge put it, to allow you to put your arguments forward for having the stay uplifted and for me (the Judge) to explain face to face why the stay must stay upheld. As I said to A&L's banana, A&L will pay out, it's now just a question of when, and todays £65.00 gets added on because of their stubborness.

Squarebob