Claims transferred to Southend...

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Barclays claim that started back in Feb and was transferred to Southend in May then stayed till the 27th June - I haven't heard anything back from the court re a date yet. I have phoned a couple of times and told to be more patient and I would hear something shortly.

I am wondering if I am going to be stayed again. If so I will definately apply to have it removed.

I will let you know once I actually get a letter...

My Abbey claim has only just been transferred to Southend so I am assuming that one will definately be stayed....

Hi all,

I've not had anything through from the courts yet... which is so frustrating as I'm dashing to get the post when I get home each evening! Disappointment every day :(:|;)

Emma

First Direct £625 - SETTLED :D

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Abbey #1&2 £2,692 & £871.46 interest - IN PROGRESS :(

S.A.R's - sent 27 Jul 2006

Statements recieved 10 Nov 2006 onwards (dribs and drabs)

Request for refund sent and refused Nov 2006 and Mar 2007

MCOL commenced 24 Apr 2007

Abbey acknowledged then submitted defence 22 May 2007

Being transferred to local court...

With the influx of claims across the country, I can see this dragging on for months GRRRR:mad: . I know the money goes up everyday due to the interest, but to be honest I would rather have the lump sum now ready for the summer.

Have so far done all that i should after trying to get almost £20k yes thats £20k back from NatWest in charges and interest. So far to dat they ignored all request's and letters but last month they did offer me £7k which i ignored. I took them to court and so far they have filed a defence which surprised me after making an offer. Today in the post was a letter from Southend County Court and it states: Upon reading the court file and ofthe courts own initiative IT IS ORDERED THAT the claim is stayed until 13th September 2007. To be refered to District Judge Dudley in paperwork on 13th September 2007.

I guess we must ALL wait and see what the hell this means ! Unless some one here knows ?

Just a thought and me being bloody minded, if we all have the same date for the court case at Southend.... then why dont we ALL turn up for our cases... that should please him !!!! (the judge that is)

Hello

It basically means that the judge is going to save up all the claims he receives between now and September and look at them all in one day.

The problem being many of us on here have already been through the process already with a stay date of the 27th June and we still haven't heard anything - it's so frustrating.....

Hi everyone thanks for your support it helps :) .The lady with attitude on the phone this morning from the court told me that he is working his way through the 400 he had for the 27th June, some have got hearings the rest he wont even look at before the 13th september, what if they still dont get to me do i get stayed again.

I said about appealing but she said he wont look at it till september, if i email our lovely Inga she wont do anything till she gets a date.

Reading through the threads Last time this happened everyone at Southend had to wait till 27th June, it looks like it will be the sme again but the 13th June,they said no point coming to court he will be in chamber and wont see you.

Its like banging your head against a brickwall.

read somewhere this is a "what to do next"hearing,looked on search for allocation hearing. gonna get bundle ready and take it just in case but this doesn't seem to be the one where we should get our money. Am gonna email inga and see if i can tempt her with settlement.

I emailed both Inga and Ronan last week to try and negotiate settlement but didn't even get a response to my emails. I suppose it's luck of the draw.

I am not going to bother anymore as I have a feeling that my claim is probably stayed anyway until the 13th Sept (Southend), so I will expect something from them once I actually have a hearing date.

Good luck with your emails though...

i havn't received my letter yet, so i phoned the court and was told that i was to attend on 25th July 2007 for a allocation and management meeting.

anyone else got this date.

i have read threads on her relating to inga, i am guessing some of you have this as a contact for negotiating a settlement.

Could i try this? and can someone provide contact details plz:)

thanks

i too had a hearing on 27th june at southend and still havent heard anything i am really worried that i will have to attend court and speak with him as this will loose me my money i am scared stiff now :(

With only a little over a week to go, what are you fellow 17th July people taking to court with you? I have limited access to this site and am finding it difficult to get an exact idea of what to do on the 17th. I have had no correspondance with Abbey for weeks now, should I phone or email for settlement? And to who? If we all adopt the same approach, this should assist others in the future and push the judge to force Abbeys hand.

cheers all

have a look at icy v abbey on abbey site think his thread will be useful to you as hes in negotetions with inga as we speak and his last email was fantastic so take a look all of you at this stage except mickyn as already pointed you there didnt i will keep an eye on you all and help where i can dont know about AQ hearing as my judge never did this so hope this helps xxkia

Well what more can i say, i was gonna suggest looking at the email i sent, but appear i have been beaten to it, :rolleyes:;):D

Email the delectable Inga using inga.kirkman@ashurst.com make sure you take your time doing the email, and get everything right preperation is the important thing once you get this right it will give a better impression, than if you just rush an email off saying give me some money, and is more likely to be taken notice of (we hope lol)

If you need any help just ask

:madgrin:

Cor am I pleased to read this tread today! I was about to give up!

10 days ago I received a letter for Northampton saying my case was being transferred to Basildon. I still hadnt heard anything else from Basildon so I called them today and they said it will now be transferred to Southend. The very miserby person on the phone said I shouldnt expect to hear anything until August now!

I'm not happy because Abbey failed to sumbit their defence in time and the court allowed me to appy to issue the warrant of execution, which has now been rejected as Abbey have applied to have the judgement set aside! RRRAAAHHH!:evil:

I'm on holiday from 10th August for two weeks and it'll be just my luck the court date will be set for when I'm not here.

This is soooo frustrating!

I will watch this thread with baited breath! Fingers crossed for you all.

Well no big suprise... my case has been stayed until September... Surely just putting off these cases until a future date is just storing up a bigger workload for the future, as the number of cases is not likely to decrease. Maybe they're hoping that there will soon be a test case and judgement or something concrete that they can use to give a blanket response???

First Direct £625 - SETTLED :D

Jul 2006

Settled in full Jul 2006

Abbey #1&2 £2,692 & £871.46 interest - IN PROGRESS :(

S.A.R's - sent 27 Jul 2006

Statements recieved 10 Nov 2006 onwards (dribs and drabs)

Request for refund sent and refused Nov 2006 and Mar 2007

MCOL commenced 24 Apr 2007

Abbey acknowledged then submitted defence 22 May 2007

Being transferred to local court...

I personally dont think there will be a Test Case, the banks are not going to want to divulge what their true costs are, it would mean that they would automatically have to trawl through all the existing and old customers records and pay back everyone (even people who havent claimed as they dont know how/dont have time/money), it would cost them too much. Have a look at the updated announcement at the top of the abbey forum.

Basically CAG and Moneysaving website and their lawyers did such a good job that most of the 44 Hull cases have been paid out.