Claims transferred to Southend...

elmwilliams
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all:p

Been gagging to get to the computer, I have just got back from Southend - to give you an idea of how quick the in & outs are my time slot was 2pm there were four people went in before me and I was back in my car by 2:20pm.

As for the very breif visit in there well much the same as everyone else really....didn't have my sechedule of charges.:o ..and I thought it was just me they said it to..I feel so cheap!!! Anyway fortunately had one which I gave to Abbey solicitor whilst reeling of that I had over the intervening months sent out four schedules and had letters and profo of post should they wish to see them (they didn't)

Like everyone else the solicitor was asked if Abbey would now consider settlement (looking as though Abbey would be in huge trouble if they didn't) Abbey said yes they would now look at settlement (such kind souls) Judge said they had 28 days to reach settlement he explained that if settlement was not reached in 28 days it would reappear on his list although he felt that settlement would be reached (quick stern look over his galsses in direction of Abbey solicitor). I get the feeling the Judge will really not be happy if it turns up in his court again. But then he is probably very very sick of hearing them say the don't have the info to hand and all of us whipping it out (the paperwork that is!!)

Cross fingers everyone - not a cheque at the door that was my dream solution but hopefully on the home straight.

And for anyone who is tempted to be generous to them time wise - DON'T Mine has dragged on since last September because I was to chicken to get tough.

Oh and by the way I remeber seeing a post somewhere about how many were on the lists v's Abbey at Southend. They had it posted on the wall and there appeared to be 81 today.

Conrats TJ, and all the others who were at Southend. Have you heard yet from Abbey!!

DS

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received paperwork from the court this morning to say my case has been transferre from Basildon to Southend under the eye of Judge Dudley, must say I ws pleased to hear that, especially after hearning that he was on the claimants side at last weeks meeting. Hopefully once Abbey realise they are about to go before him again, they will settle.

As far as I know my case was also dealt with on the 27th June, but I've heard nothing from neither court nor solicitor. is this right? or am i missing something.

cheers

Have you phoned the court!!

Hi dsilverstien

Unfortunately I haven't heard from Abbey yet. I did email ashursts to say that I hoped to be hearing from them with regard to settlement shortly and got a very brief email saying that it was on file and someone would br contacting me shortly to negotiate settlement. having read some of the emails and the fact that they have forced it soooo far I don't feel too generous when it comes to 'negotiating'. Unless of course they mean full settlement with costs!!!!

Crossing my fingers, legs and everything I'll get a letter drop on the mat sharpish.

T J :p

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

Statements and microfiche received 11/10/06

Request for payement of charges 29/1/07

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Acknowledgement of service recieved 4/4/07

Defence filed/received - transferred to Southend 30/4/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

Allocation & Case Management Conference 17/7/07 14:00pm

Abbey dont seem to be in a generous mood today, Inga has just knocked back my offer to settle for 87%. Therefore, I now look forward to meeting Judge Dudley and going for the full amount.

Good Luck TJ getting you money back.

Also loads of congrats to unlawfulbanker & Paddy. Soooooo jealous! Have fun ;)

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

FWIW

I dont think judge Dudley is on our side per se.

I think he knows the banks are playing fast and loose and is pretty certain they accept they stand a good chance of losing should a reasonably well structured claim for unlawful charges come before him.

In other words he is basically making them settle because its likely the law says they would loose if they went to court.

If you upset him, even a little, then he can be quite intimidating.

I wouldnt interpret this in any way shape or form as him being on my side.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn

I would definitely agree that he would appear to be quite intimidating if ticked off. I'm just glad that he seemed ticked off with Abbey on the day. I was scared enough as it was without a Judge glaring at me!!!

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

By the time he looks at your application the 28 days will most likely be up. Secondly the order is saying they should settle or the claim will be listed for a hearing.

Its not like he is saying that the claim is stayed pending some test case which will never happen.

On balance id wait for the 28 days and save yourself the time and aggro.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi

I can see that three of you due an allocation hearing this week have had Abbey settle (Paddy, Mickyn and unlawfulbankers) is there anyone else out there who was due to go this week who has had a similar letter or has anyone seen it on any other Abbey post. I'm curious if after last week Abbey has decided to just settle all those due this week???

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

Ginger

Dont believe it until they actually turn up and defend on the day.

The claims are listed for the fast track, which means standard disclosure, which means they have to reveal their costs.

Interestingly even if they fudged the figures the argument should be what were the pre-estimates when they started imposing charges, so they would have to show estimates going back to the earliest claims.

Without the estimatyes they are on dodgy ground and it throws doubt on their integrity. As if any mored oubt needs throwing in that direction.

anyway they have everything to loose and little to gain unless they really do have evidence that it costs them 30 quid or whatever to bounce a dd.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

icon1.gif Re: Test Case - Aaaahhhh!

Hi all

I have just spoke to Southend where my allocation hearing took place on the 17th. Apparently the Judge is considering all the cases again!!!! We should hear in due sourse. So it looks as though even if the case is in the pipeline it may still be stopped in its tracks. It is up to the Judge so it may be a different story for others. Gonna post this in the Southend thread as well as I am sure there will be some other ticked off people.

I Posted the above in the Test Case thread...but figured all of you who were there on the 17th will be feeling the same as me...hugely peeved!!!

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

I hope the judge doesnt decide to stay your cases and carries on as normal.

The BBC website says "Market watchdog the Financial Services Authority (FSA) will allow banks to suspend dealing with any claims for repayment of overdraft charges filed against them until the test case has been decided". :mad:

What is everyone thoughts on keeping up contact with Ashursts badgering them about settlement. Is it a moot point now and things just have to run their course?

S.A.R Sent 21/8/06

LBA sent 21/2/07

MCLO filed 26/3/07

Stayed unitl 27/6/07

What is everyone thoughts on keeping up contact with Ashursts badgering them about settlement. Is it a moot point now and things just have to run their course?

You are welcome to do what you want.

For your info though, i wrote inviting them to settle the second of my claims when the first one was. They wrote back said submit a second claim we wont negotiate until you are in litigation!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

It is now looking rather pointless, they now wont get into any negotiations at all pending the result of the oft report, this does not mean however that claims are all stopped everything else should carry on as normal, just dont give them the satisfaction of rejecting your attempts to settle

:madgrin: