Pink Princess V Nationwide

pink princess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Hopefully its gonna turn out to be the BEST holiday you've EVER had.
Am sorry to have to disagree with U on this issue...

ALL holidays this summer will be officially cr*p.

It will rain everyday + people will get too ill to enjoy their holiday at all!!!

Unless, of course, they have gone on a Carribean Cruise...;) ...lol...:D

This Post was kindly sponsored by the Carribean Cruises (UK) Branch of The International Federation of Onboard Luggage Helpers Union...:)

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Well it's 14 days down just another 14 to go!!!!!!!!! :D

I've now signed on to the nationwides internet banking just so I can check nearer the time if any payments have gone in!!! :rolleyes:

I think my husband is more impatient than me for the money (and it's not his!). :|

Best of luck to everyone on this thread and I'll post again nearer the end...............................................

Tracey

Hi I think i'm in this boat too (unsure as i'm new to this) I issued a claim that was acknowledged on 6th July, and had a copy of it saying that they intend to defend the claim in full. Did this happen to you and have you had to prepare a court bundle or are they usually paying up before the 28 days.

(sorry for the questions-just trying to get it straight in my head.

Thank you.

Pete

Hi Pete, I received my acknowledgement of service stating Nationwide are defending the whole claim, reading other threads this is standard practise, they have until 23rd July to file their defense but I think they are paying out at the 11th hour!!! there is a few of us waiting so keep watching and keep us updated if you hear anything.

Pink princess:)

Just checked my online banking no deposits:(

Reading the Nationwide sucess stories they seem to start to payout 4-5 days before the 28 days are up that would make mine 19th July as the 28 days is up 23rd.:eek:

I have convinced myself that mine will be the one they choose to make an example of and take it through court and defend at High court level not sure my nerves are up to any court appearence:confused:

Getting really nervous now.. any1 else heard anything last few days for a defense to be filed:p

Nope, I've not heard anything either :(

I'm waiting until at least monday next week to check the account and trying not to think about it tooooo much (although it is on my mind ALL of the time)!!!!!!

7 days and counting! :wink:

Tracey

From other stories NW and or their solicitors Eversheds dont bother contacting their customers they deposit the money and then defend with the statement that the money has been paid:eek: , the dont do it again letter normally follows the following week,so I will be checking online everyday from today, not interested in any contact from NW or Eversheds,just want my money back, and will press the judgement button first thing next Tuesday morning if I havent received anything:D .

I also read somewhere that Eversheds say that they are told to hold out to the bitter end but rarely defend without the monies being paid,I know a few in Scotland have had problems but I believe the process is different there.I cant believe I am within a week of getting 3k.

This whole process is so liberating I havent got my money yet but when we were stuggling to make ends meet and their charges were taking food out of our childrens mouth it made us feel desperate:mad: ,well guess what Nationwidse its dinner time!!!!! and you will be paying the bill:lol:

My adivce to anyone is just do it.

Copeswell, I couldn't agree more with what you say. Although I am fortunate to be a little better off these days, when they were taking my four grand off me we were struggling with two young children.

If they do turn up in court I will tell them in front of the judge just how immoral their charges have been and the effect it has had on me at times (£100 in a single day on occasions) quite apart form the legal perspective, the moral one is pretty compelling!

Oh we are much better off these days too our bad years were 2001.-2004,through our own endevours and dispite NW attitude £285 charges in one day once.I would like my day in court also to make NW realise what impact these charges have on ordinary family life.

Same with me - my charges were from when i was a single parent but circumstances are much better now - actually the refund will help towards my vegas wedding so im looking upon it as a savings account lol:p Copeswell - just be careful about hitting that judgement button too soon - Nationwide may apply for a set aside ( which will usually be granted) as they enter a late defense ( this is just what Iv picked up from other threads) and this will give them a further 28days so it would be a shame to rush it now:lol:

Yeah Good Luck with the wedding from me too :) pink princess.

After reading these threads AGAIN:confused: it looks as though payment is usually made anytime from about 3 days before the 28 days are up!

If this is right, I'll be looking on friday instead of monday to see if the monies have gone in!!!!!!!!!

WAITING........WAITING.............WAITING..............................

I'm NO good at that!!!!!!!!! :mad: I like everything to be on time, if not EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to go shopping for some last minute holiday buys :rolleyes: (women eh?)

All the best everyone

Tracey

This whole process has turned usually normal sane people into computer obsessed wierd things whole are constantly checking their bank balances.I will be spending my refund on therapy at this rate.:eek: :eek: :eek: We will have to start a support group who are also suffering from PRSS ( pre-refund-stress-syndrome )Perhaps we could sue!!!!!

'when' you get your money back daniel12 not 'if' lol:p you will enjoy your wedding alot more when you think Nationwide has helped you save for it haha

that will be my view in vegas 'cheers' Natiowide

wont be long now hopefully:D

been on business, just looked on my bank account had paid on the 16th, still short by £376, but have letter stating that they are paying so hopefully will get the rest soon! good luck everyone, never been glued to a web site so much as this one!

salty