knellyk 2 vs Abbey!

KnellyK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having had a success with our joint account I've already started the process with my own account.

The story so far... Again, I had the statements and so missed out the SAR/microfiche saga.

Prelim letter sent 25 March ~ Usual sorry you're unhappy, have a complaints leaflet response!

LBA sent 12 April ~ then they notified me that they were taking another £300 in charges at the end of April! So, I sent a letter telling them I'd be including those charges if I had to make a court claim and I updated my schedule. No response to this letter at all and no GOGW!

So, I'm at the N1 stage, should have completed and taken it to the court on 28th April but lack of funds prevented this! But... the cheque that cleared today means that I'm able to go to court with this claim now!

I did intended to complete the N1 last night and was going to take a long lunch break today to take it to the court, but we had visitors last night ~ very inconsiderate! So I'll complete the N1 over the weekend and I've booked Monday morning off work so that I can deliver it to the court!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Knelly.

Good for you.

Good luck with your claim.

Regrds, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Shan't say good luck KnellyK, cos luck's got nowt to do wi' it, as my grannie used to say.

It's your hard work and perseverance that paid off before and it will again.

Nice to have you around still.

Tricia. :)

Me too Knelly! Watch out there is a Kelly here as well (lol). Very kneen to follow your thread. All the best.

ANDY VS SHABBY

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Thanks for all the support!

I've spent the afternoon filling in my N1 and sorting out the schedule of charges, three copies are now ready for me to take to court on Monday! I've booked the morning off because it's a bit of a jaunt to the court but it'll be worth it!

Good Luck Knelly with your claim Mk2 you are like the most clever little mix and also you write like a pro

I am like megga impressed add I wont be impressed if like my post was withdrawn

Im feeling kindo whitty and Im really rather happy at readin your last success

Ur up again to do your so

Knelly K Mk2

all the best

and *(@%

Maz

Whats wrong with my poem - Its missing right in the middle of my message - if the moderators want to pull me to one side i'LL BE happy enough with that, but I thought my poem was ok.

dont throw me off Ill be good

Maz

Lovely Poem mazamarie! Needs a bit of practice with the rhyming though!

Anyway, today I made the trip to the court to deliver my 3 copies of N1, paid the fee and just need to sit and wait now!

I wonder if this claim will be as easy as the first? Somehow I doubt it ~ so I'm keeping a close eye on the rest of you with your AQ's and Mercantile experiences!

Guest louis wu

Hi Knelly,

I got another AQ to complete, I was hoping my County Court would be doing away with them, but sadly not.

Looks like I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, but it all seems to be gong smoothly. I must admit to having fun reading the same set of letters that Abbey sent me first time around......I bet our defences will be exactly the same as before as well:D.

Best wishes

Louis

I got another AQ to complete, I was hoping my County Court would be doing away with them, but sadly not.

.....I bet our defences will be exactly the same as before as well:D.

Best wishes

Louis

Good Luck with the AQ Louis! I don't think we'd get very good odds if we bet on the defences being the same as before, it'd be like betting on the only runner in a race!

My N1 was issued on Monday and seemed served yesterday ~ they have til 30th to acknowledge. I'm working near the court on 1st June so if they haven't acnowledged I'll be in the court with the request for judgement! What are the odds on them not acknowledging again I wonder?

Quick update!

Checked account and found over £400 miscellaneous fee refunds! I await a letter telling me what it is, wonder if they'll quote LLoyds? Too late anyway, N1 served & waiting for acknowledgement!

I received the

'I've carried out a full investigation.... sorry you're unhappy... we are satisfied that our charges don't contravene...blah blah... although the charges were correct as a gesture of goodwill...' letter today.

Most of it's the same as the one I received for my previous claim, but this one has additional paragraph after -'You have requested a breakdown of how our charges are apportioned. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with the specific information you have requested.' - It says

'I can inform you that the value of a transaction, which causes you to exceed your agreed overdraft, has no bearing on the amount charged. Should you require details of the specific charges applicable these are stated in the terms and conditions of your account.'

I'll write back and thank them for the GOGW which I'll accept as part payment. I've started court proceedings, so I'll have to let the court know that they've paid a bit, but I still want the rest!

Guest louis wu
I received the

'I've carried out a full investigation.... sorry you're unhappy... we are satisfied that our charges don't contravene...blah blah... although the charges were correct as a gesture of goodwill...' letter today.

Most of it's the same as the one I received for my previous claim, but this one has additional paragraph after -'You have requested a breakdown of how our charges are apportioned. Unfortunately I am unable to provide you with the specific information you have requested.' - It says

'I can inform you that the value of a transaction, which causes you to exceed your agreed overdraft, has no bearing on the amount charged. Should you require details of the specific charges applicable these are stated in the terms and conditions of your account.'

I'll write back and thank them for the GOGW which I'll accept as part payment. I've started court proceedings, so I'll have to let the court know that they've paid a bit, but I still want the rest!

It's a bit like de ja vu really.

Even with this new paragraph, it appears that they have no new ideas on how to stop these claims, and as they won't reveal their true costs, it seems we're destined to follow the same route as last time.

I've sent back my AQ, waitng on instructions, and hoping I have to do another bundle, I just loved all that photocopying:rolleyes:

Good luck

louis

More De ja vu! They should have acknowledged by today, but so far nothing from Abbey or the court.

I'll phone the court tomorrow to find out if they've heard anything, if not, I'll pop the request for judgement into the court on Friday ~ as I just happen to be passing!

(it couldn't happen twice ~ could it?)

Well, still no acknowledgement (and a colleague at work is also claimimg from Abbey, same court a week ahead of me and she's heard nothing either) so I delivered my request for judgement on Friday - It can't harm anything and I might. (probably not though) manage to get a 2nd judgement in default!

Time will tell!

If you get that Judgement by default again, I will drive to Wales and put your windows in out of spite:mad: :mad: :mad:

Hope you do though, it would be great:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

OK! Thanks for the warning!

If I should drop lucky and get another judgement by default I won't tell you, I'll keep posting here telling you what stage I'm at and then I won't have the additional expense of new windows!

I can't see it happening again...

But it's very strange that it's the same court, again I had my statements so didn't have to do SAR, and again no acknowledgement. I'll probably receive defence from Abbey next!

As I said, time will tell - I'll use the time to reinforce the windows!

Well it is very strange indeed, i have received a copy of the defence from Abbey but as yet, nothing from the court, i too am hoping that they actually forgot to send the defence, LOL

Its all gone to pot now James has left :p

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed