Capone (cap one)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi maggie sorry to hear you are still getting problems have a look at thisRegrettably, some over zealous collection agencies seem to be flouting the laws because they know that most people are not aware of what they can and can't do. There are a number of laws that protect people in debt from unreasonable behaviour from creditors or their agents, namely, Section 40 of The Administration of Justice Act 1970 and specifically, The Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

to be clear about this, it is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE if a creditor or their agent makes demands for money in such a manner that it causes the debtor or his/her family, alarm, distress or humiliation. Specifically, harassment is a criminal offence under Section 2 of The Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and punishment on conviction, is six months' imprisonment and/or a level 5 fine (up to £5,000).

Hi Patrick

Been there, seen it, done it, and got the t-shirt and still the bloody calls come.

Trading Standards told me that Cap One would have a defence against harassment because I wouldn't answer their calls. :o

This is also the stupid woman who said that my application was legit and so were the current terms and conditions. :o She also told Cap One that they she had advised me to answer their calls :eek:

Is she for real.

I will not bow down to these people. I have other guns in my holster and they will be drawn very soon. ;)

thanks for the article from somerset that was very interesting. I shall print it and send it to our local TS office. :)

maggiebroom

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

That piece about the TS is from my council. When I tried to complain about a loan company not dealing with a complaint, first lodged in March 2007 they tried to refer me to the National Debtline! When I wrote and complained they said that their funding meant that they don't deal with individual complaints!

Consumer direct also said that they were not trained to deal with queries about financial institutions.

Methinks I will read the above link very carefully and write again, seems they don't quite know what they are doing!

Thanks for that Patrick.

Maggie have you tried complaining to the TS in Crap One's area?

Watching this thread with interest Maggie as we had a cap one card each which are both now in default of the CCA request. Best thing I ever did was get caller display so I can see who is calling without answering. Still can log the number of calls but I feel far more in control. Holding the fact that most if not all the balance is made up of charges/interest and PPI which I believe we never asked for in reserve for now :)

Just wondering if we could all get an email address for our friend "ms renshaw" if we all sent her an email complaint every time we got a phone call could we argue it wasn't harrassment as she has failed to respond to our complaints?

good luck

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

it may be possible to find ms renshaws home number through her local council and address lol see if she likes everyone on cag phoning her

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Advice & opinions given by patrickq1 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional

Watching this thread with interest Maggie as we had a cap one card each which are both now in default of the CCA request. Best thing I ever did was get caller display so I can see who is calling without answering. Still can log the number of calls but I feel far more in control. Holding the fact that most if not all the balance is made up of charges/interest and PPI which I believe we never asked for in reserve for now :)

Just wondering if we could all get an email address for our friend "ms renshaw" if we all sent her an email complaint every time we got a phone call could we argue it wasn't harrassment as she has failed to respond to our complaints?

good luck

ali x

Oh Wonderful alibobsy, that has restored my faith in getting ones own back.:D

We are actually getting quite inventive with ways to answer these calls. The panic button hurt our ears though and I worried about getting counter sued for bursting someones ear drums so we knocked that on the head. ;)

However, after a very interesting phone call this afternoon we now have an appointment to see our local MP tomorrow, who also happens to be a first name acquaintance.

My hubby has worked with this MP several times, and I hope this will stir things up as we are prepared to take this to court and also the media. Whoever will listen.

I will NOT let these B******* beat us.

maggiebroom :)

it may be possible to find ms renshaws home number through her local council and address lol see if she likes everyone on cag phoning her

OOHH!! you devious little devil. I like it :D

Perhaps if she got all these calls she might think again about harassment.

I really want this woman on a stick with barbed wire round the handle. I can almost taste the ways I would make her pay; not only for us but for all those who are harassed by these rotten companies who think they can flout the law.

After tomorrow I may have some news as this appointment with my MP may be very interesting for all of us. ;)

magiebroom :)

What about the electoral roll. Is it possible to look at that for other districts. I know you have to go to the library to see it.

I must stop this.

I am growing horns and cackling into my cauldren at the moment.

You must all stop giving me ideas, or I will become the first Cagger to swing. :D :D

maggiebroom

Sorry Peter I know LOL means Lots of Laughter, but forgive my ignorance what is LLF?

if its rude send me a PM

On second thoughts shame the world and reveal all

maggiebroom

Maggie

that was Ian that typed that. and knowing Ian it will be rude:D

Can't think myself what it would mean, but of course we are ladies:D

Do you know what ROFL means:confused: :eek:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

ROFL Rolling on floor laughing

I meant Ian. It was Peter Bard I was getting mixed up with.

you see Crap 1 have turned me into a bumbling revengeful (cold of course) babbling madwoman who has lost all sense of sanity. :D

ROFL Rolling on floor laughing

I meant Ian. It was Peter Bard I was getting mixed up with.

you see Crap 1 have turned me into a bumbling revengeful (cold of course) babbling madwoman who has lost all sense of sanity. :D

Rumour had it you were that before:o :lol:

rofl llf:shock:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

LMAO :D :D :D

You know me so well

maggiebroom:)

Thank you all for making me have a good laugh today, but then I think that is what caggers are for

Maggie what does LMOA stand for Laugh My Arm Off:shock: :lol:

Me Rude ....NEVER...well maybe sometimes...

LLF = Laugh Like France

Replace France with a word begging with the same letter, Clue it ends in a K..

Better stop there before I get Detention on CAG..lol

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Me Rude ....NEVER...well maybe sometimes...

LLF = Laugh Like France

Replace France with a word begging with the same letter, Clue it ends in a K..

Better stop there before I get Detention on CAG..lol

Ian

What a wonderful explanation Ian. I must be getting old(er). A few years ago I would have sussed that out myself. Oh well ! :D

Tempus fugit or words to that effect.

Our visit with our MP went very well, but I cannot say too much in case anyone from Crap 1 is trolling through the site.

And we all know these companies do.

All I will say is that by this time next week after various checks on the law, there may be a different song sung by both parties in this matter. ;)

I am very hopeful though :)

maggiebroom

Hi Maggie,

Glad to hear of your positive meeting with your MP, It maybe something I will have to consider as things seem to be dragging on now. The phone calls have not subsided despite asking TS twice, and I have received no real information from them for ages.

For some reason TS are running scared on these issues, but when it is there in black and white there is no excuse!!:)

Regards

MM

Capitalism is the legitimate racket

of the ruling class.

Al Capone

Please don't mention the TS they are a dirty word in this house at the moment.

We are thinking of complaining to the Council as they fund these people. Perhaps they should make them justify their wages, by learning the law before they write stupid letters.

It will take a few days before anything happens via our MP as they have to check the law etc., but as soon as there is anything to report I shall be on here like a shot.

If only I could say how badly I want Ellie Renshaw and Capital One on a plate :D They have turned me into a wicked revengeful woman. :D

hi maggie, just subbing to this threat (sorry thread) lol .....waiting in haste for the next move, took me a while to read from first post to 169.lol

pity you didnt know a law student at university who would have access to the numerous books on law, or even visit a lecturer in law at a university, just for extra ammunition. the more quotes in law cap1 are breaking the better.

this would look nice to see in a newspaper......

AS MAGGIEBROWN SMILED WALKING OUT OF THE COURT TODAY

HER SOLICITOR HAD THIS TO SAY," MAGGIEBROWN DIDNT NOT

TAKE THE THREATS FROM THIS COMPANY AND AS SUCH, SHE TOOK THEM

TO THE CLEANERS".

THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP WEEKLY NEWS WOULD LIKE TO ADD

THAT NOT ONLY DID MAGGIEBROWN GET ALL ACCOUNTS FOR EVERY

DISPUTED CASE CONCERNING CAPITAL ONE SQUASHED, SHE ALSO

RECEIVED 250 THOUSAND POUND COMPANSATION FROM CAPITAL ONE,

(WHO LOST THEIR LICENCE TO TRADE), THE DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY

WAS JAILED FOR 3 YEARS FOR ALLOWING HIS EMPLOYERS TO VIOLATE

HARASSMENT LAWS,AND TRADiNG STANDARDS HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO

SEND THEIR EMPLOYERS BACK TO COLLEGE FOR TRAINING.

hi maggie, just subbing to this threat (sorry thread) lol .....waiting in haste for the next move, took me a while to read from first post to 169.lol

pity you didnt know a law student at university who would have access to the numerous books on law, or even visit a lecturer in law at a university, just for extra ammunition. the more quotes in law cap1 are breaking the better.

this would look nice to see in a newspaper......

AS MAGGIEBROWN SMILED WALKING OUT OF THE COURT TODAY

HER SOLICITOR HAD THIS TO SAY," MAGGIEBROWN DIDNT NOT

TAKE THE THREATS FROM THIS COMPANY AND AS SUCH, SHE TOOK THEM

TO THE CLEANERS".

THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP WEEKLY NEWS WOULD LIKE TO ADD

THAT NOT ONLY DID MAGGIEBROWN GET ALL ACCOUNTS FOR EVERY

DISPUTED CASE CONCERNING CAPITAL ONE SQUASHED, SHE ALSO

RECEIVED 250 THOUSAND POUND COMPANSATION FROM CAPITAL ONE,

(WHO LOST THEIR LICENCE TO TRADE), THE DIRECTOR OF THE COMPANY

WAS JAILED FOR 3 YEARS FOR ALLOWING HIS EMPLOYERS TO VIOLATE

HARASSMENT LAWS,AND TRADiNG STANDARDS HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO

SEND THEIR EMPLOYERS BACK TO COLLEGE FOR TRAINING.

Wonderful, Wonderful. Don't knock it though I am seriously thinking of passing this on to watchdog or anyone else who will listen and maybe publish. First however I have to wait for the legal bagels reports on the whole subject

"Subjudacy and all that don't you know" Recite with plum in mouth

Love the threat (sorry thread) bit. So very apt. Watch this space. All may be revealed next week in this intriguing saga.................

Hi all

Maggie that sounds really promising with the MP. The TS office in Crap 1's area is Nottingham City. I have sent a complaint to them, just waiting for a reply.

groovy-- that would be a fantastic result. Lets hope they do get stung again only with more than a fine.

Unbelievable

Crap One have again sent me another copy of my application form stating that it is all they need to send and that a copy of the current T & C's is OK. (I said earlier I have a big loo)

Of course they are going on what my stupid TS Officer wrote to them.

They are also asking for huge amounts of money, of course. I just wish they would take me to court and have done with it. I don't think they will though as I am now 100% sure they don't have a leg to stand on, and I don't think they are too sure they are correct either.

Only a judge can decide and they seem pretty reluctant to start that route.

Hey ho lets see what my MP comes up with.

NO CALLS YET TODAY :D:D

Perhaps my MP has finally got through to Crap 1. I expected a letter today but didn't get one. We are in court with bank charges claim tomorrow so will make inquiries re: action against Crap 1 for harassment.

Update again soon.

maggiebroom