Capone (cap one)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so obviously just an application form.

Even if they are trying to rely on it being an agreement, there are so many prescribed items missing and their signature goes across the box where your signature is... I am not an export in this yet, but I do know that is a a big no-no.

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

Thanks Alphageek

Someone has already said so, but I wanted to be doubly certain before I post a very caustic letter.

Recap as soon as I get a reply (if ever after my next letter).

maggiebroom :)

As of today Capital One have now committed a criminal offence by not providing me with a true copy of my signed CCA agreement.

What is the next step?

I have already sent them a letter detailing this and explaining that I do not recognise the debt, but I understand I have to complain to relevant offices.

These I believe to be the OFT and the Trading Standards office.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can someone point me in the direction of template letters (if they exist) and names and addresses for these people as I need to do this properly? I also want to know if you make a complaint to your local office or the office that is local to the company you are complaining about. I read this somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it on the site.

Yesterday I rang my gas company to complain about them raising my DD ammount yet again, and got talking to a very nice lady who was complaining that she was getting charged a lot of penalties from Halifax for going over her limit.

She had never heard of CAG (She has now) and I pointed her in the right direction for this site.

Result ----- I got my DD reduced to less than I am paying now (Yippee)

Thanks in advance for th info peeps.

maggiebroom

As of today Capital One have now committed a criminal offence by not providing me with a true copy of my signed CCA agreement.

What is the next step?

I have already sent them a letter detailing this and explaining that I do not recognise the debt, but I understand I have to complain to relevant offices.

These I believe to be the OFT and the Trading Standards office.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Can someone point me in the direction of template letters (if they exist) and names and addresses for these people as I need to do this properly? I also want to know if you make a complaint to your local office or the office that is local to the company you are complaining about. I read this somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it on the site.

Yesterday I rang my gas company to complain about them raising my DD ammount yet again, and got talking to a very nice lady who was complaining that she was getting charged a lot of penalties from Halifax for going over her limit.

She had never heard of CAG (She has now) and I pointed her in the right direction for this site.

Result ----- I got my DD reduced to less than I am paying now (Yippee)

Thanks in advance for th info peeps.

maggiebroom

Excellent work Maggie:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Maggie,

I would write back to thank them for resending your application form again and ask them to clarify under which section/sections of the Consumer Credit Act makes it enforcable in a court of law.:grin: :lol:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I am having major PC problems today with my Internet, so I am having to use my OH,s laptop to answer. I think I need a new router or something.

I cannot understand where Cap One are coming from.

They must know that I am getting advice from somewhere, so why are they still trying to persuade me that the APPLICATION is an agreement. Their previous letter even stated that it was an application.

I shall try your advice to ask them under which section they are claiming it is an agreement, and also where the ALL the prescribed terms are.

Oh well press on. I must say though that all this backwards and forwards is wearying.

Thanks for all your help, again I'll update when I get some more news.

maggiebroom

I am having major PC problems today with my Internet, so I am having to use my OH,s laptop to answer. I think I need a new router or something.

I cannot understand where Cap One are coming from.

They must know that I am getting advice from somewhere, so why are they still trying to persuade me that the APPLICATION is an agreement. Their previous letter even stated that it was an application.

I shall try your advice to ask them under which section they are claiming it is an agreement, and also where the ALL the prescribed terms are.

Oh well press on. I must say though that all this backwards and forwards is wearying.

Thanks for all your help, again I'll update when I get some more news.

maggiebroom

Hello Maggie,

Don't get weary think of it like a game or upmanship. They make a move, you make a move. but they tend to forget we will always be one step ahead:D

On one of the ppi threads. Stan made a really good statement in their letter.

"Please entertain with your comments" I can't wait to put that in one of my letters:lol:

Keep your chin up you will get there:D

I am about to make a legal challenge to Cap One, and I want to fully understand before I sign the letter.

Can someone put the prescribed terms that are needed for a CCA into plain english. I have read the parts of the CCA Act that are relevant, but I have some trouble translating them into something I can fully understand.

Can someone please help URGENTLY? :confused:

I keep getting the same letter from Cap One saying I am behind with my payment. (they are claiming only one payment) This is from another department, so they obviously haven't been in touch with the dept dealing with my CCA request.

I just file it with the others.

I asked them for an explanation of what section they are claiming my application is an agreement, according to the CCA Act, but haven't had a reply yet. They are now completely out of time and I shall have to move on to the other template letters now, threatening them with reporting for criminal offences.

Its all good fun

maggiebroom:)

Cap One are now out of time for sending me a true copy of the CCA , but they have sent me two copies of the application. Do I carry on with the original time frame or must I take it from the time they sent me the last copy of the application.

I applied the first time on the 19th April and I am still waiting for a copy with all the prescribed terms. So they are well out of time.

I think I will go ahead and report them to the appropriate authorities anyway.

A bit of advice asap would be most welcome folks, so thanks in advance :)

maggiebroom

Cap One are ringing me every day now and I am still refusing to speak to them. I have told them I will only communicate by letter.

I have now written telling them I no longer acknowledge the debt and they are still writing saying I owe them money. No reply to my letters though.

What is wrong with these people? :)

answers anyone please???

Hi Maggie,

Have a look here, this should do the job for you..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I am still getting statements from Crap One with bigger and bigger payments required.

When will these people make sure their departments get together and tell each other whats going on. Since my last letter demanding what section of the CCAct they are using to claim that my application is an agreement, I haven't heard a word from them except these damn statements.

Oh well I suppose the penny will drop with them one day

I am still getting statements from Crap One with bigger and bigger payments required.

When will these people make sure their departments get together and tell each other whats going on. Since my last letter demanding what section of the CCAct they are using to claim that my application is an agreement, I haven't heard a word from them except these damn statements.

Oh well I suppose the penny will drop with them one day

Hello Maggie,

Where is the lovely letter. send it to them asap

• Haha 1

When I get a reply from Cap One telling me what section they have used for my CCA, I shall send them a suitable version of the letter to them.

I actually spoke to someone on the phone from Cap One a few days ago as my hubby is fed up with telling them I am not in or I am shopping.

She asked me for security answers and I refused. She got quite shirty as I explained that I did not intend to discuss financial matters over the phone, but would only deal with it in writing.

She said she wanted to discuss with me what I was doing, and I said I didn't, and put the phone down. I haven't had a phone call since. Funny that eh!! ;)

maggiebroom