Capone (cap one)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks anyway folks but I found out that the CEO is Richard Fairbanks so that is who I shall send a copy of the letter to.

Hell can I impose on you for that template you offered that you wrote to MBNA for the same purpose. That of stopping the calls.

Pretty Please

Maggiebroom :)

Thanks anyway folks but I found out that the CEO is Richard Fairbanks so that is who I shall send a copy of the letter to.

Hell can I impose on you for that template you offered that you wrote to MBNA for the same purpose. That of stopping the calls.

Pretty Please

Hello Maggie,

This site makes things like harassment more bearable I feel, we are never alone and far from advice:-D

I have pm'd you the letter, see if it is suitable for your need, it may not be, if not let me know and I will have a llok for something else.:-D

Keep your chin up, we maybe laughing soon:-D

May the force be with you:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi All

Still no reply to my letter of the 20th (see post #58). Perhaps they have given up!!! :rolleyes:

However my hubby is trying to get a CCA from Capital One for the same reason that they will not return PPI. (they are now in default but not at the criminal offence stage till the 23rd August).

I was gobsmacked this morning when a letter for him form Crap One dropped on the mat with wait for it -- a new credit card - But no copy of his CCA agreement, just recent terms and conditions.

Do you think they know about section 85. :D

What a way to run a company. Non communication between the departments is a great thing for the consumer. Think of the arguments in court.

maggiebroom :)

HI All

Capital One have a habit of making silent phone calls and then ten minutes later making the phone call for real. I am not sure if this a Crap One tactic, or just something dreamed up by their call centre staff, but I find it very disturbing so I have added this paragraph to the harassment letter. It is self explanatory, but I would like anyone else's opinion.

Some of the calls on the list are ones that we find particularly disturbing, and these are marked in red. When either of us answer these calls there is no spoken word, just a few seconds of breathing and the call is terminated. Upon dialing 1471, these calls are always traceable to Capital One on telephone numbers 08004220293/5.

We find it hard to believe that a reputable company such as Capital One would allow their call centre staff to use this dubious tactic, so we must construe that these calls are of a sexual “heavy breathing” nature. This could be most distasteful to women living alone or of a nervous disposition. The only conclusion to us is that someone at your call centre is using their position to feed their own personal perversion. We have reported this to our phone company and they have advised us to pass on all the information we have on our call log to the police for investigation.

Should these calls cease immediately we shall take the matter no further. If, however, they continue, we can only conclude that Capital One has sanctioned them, and we shall instigate full legal proceedings via the police.

The list refers to a log of all the calls Crap One are making to my number. Over the last week there have been over 45 calls, a lot of the silent breathing type, which is why I have added the above information.

This has been added to a letter to the CEO of Capital One, in the hope that he knows nothing of this tactic and will stop it from going on. I find it disgusting, especially in the present climate of perverts and nonces that use telephone calls to get their jollies.

maggiebroom :mad:

Hi

I have just done the harrassment letter and included something about the amount of silent calls and the fact that not only are they annoying but intimidating. I also enclosed a copy of the OFCOM guidelines about this and the reply I got was that it is down to the autodialer system and that if i want the calls to stop then I need to go throught he security details and tell them!

Complete crap of cause but they did stop for a while but have started again but as they are in default with regards to CCA request I just quote this at them continuously and they hang up in the end.

Hi

I have just done the harrassment letter and included something about the amount of silent calls and the fact that not only are they annoying but intimidating. I also enclosed a copy of the OFCOM guidelines about this and the reply I got was that it is down to the autodialer system and that if i want the calls to stop then I need to go throught he security details and tell them!

Complete crap of cause but they did stop for a while but have started again but as they are in default with regards to CCA request I just quote this at them continuously and they hang up in the end.

Did you send your letter to the CEO of Capital One Midge? I have addressed my letter to him with a logged (dates and Times) of the calls (51 in total) in just a week.

I have explained to him that i will report this matter to the police as i consider these silent calls to be the height of mental harassment, and both my husband and myself will not put up with them.

We have a personal friend who is a police inspector and he will be more than pleased to push this matter and will even take this matter to court for us, so I think Crap One have gone too far this time. Who do these people think they are? I most certainly will not discuss my personal legal business with call centre **** who are only casual labour.

maggiebroom :mad::mad:

PS Sorry for ranting Midge but I am totally disgusted with these morons. Do they not understand that as the account is in dispute there is nothing to discuss anyway until the matter has been settled one way or the other. In court if necessary.

Good luck with your own case against Crap One/ I feel better for having let that lot out.

Hi

I know just how you feel. I just sent my letter to complaints and got a reply from Ellie Renshaw or whatever her name is. To be honest I didn't think about going to thr top but I will if it continues.

I have had enough of them they can't supply a CCA so as far as I'm concerned I have nothing to do with them and they have no right to be contacting me.

I would push it as far as you can they have no respect for any guidelines and they have already been heavily fined over PPI sales so yoou would think they would learn.

It's good to rant so don't apologise:)

My letter to the CEO would have been opened yesterday and the calls were much less. However it won't be until later today or tomorrow before I know if the calls have stopped.

I am out today so maybe I won't know till tomorrow. Lets hope that at last Cap One will see they are getting nowhere with calls and leave us alone.

How can you discuss something that is being dealt with by legalities?

maggiebroom

It seems that two harassment letters have done nothing to stop Crap One from phoning me. I have had 5 calls in the last hour, and now I have had enough.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to go about stopping these people. I have complained to OFCOM. All I got was an email saying that they did not deal with individual cases but my complaint would go on file. About as much use as a chocolate kettle. I have written to their CEO but still the calls continue. I have been waiting over two weeks for Crap One to answer my last letter (recorded of course), but so far nothing.

I am at my wits end now. I could turn the phone off but I have other people who want to contact me. My hubby and I do a lot of charity and volunteer work and we need our phone so that we can be got hold of.

I am now beginning to lose my temper and use the wrong language. So someone please tell me where I go from here to stop these b***** b*******. before I go completely off the wall.

I really need advice. I cannot find a free solicitor but I really need someone to advise me legally where I go from Here. How do I start a case against them.

Anyone PLEASE??

Maggiebroom:( :mad:

It seems that two harassment letters have done nothing to stop Crap One from phoning me. I have had 5 calls in the last hour, and now I have had enough.

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me how to go about stopping these people. I have complained to OFCOM. All I got was an email saying that they did not deal with individual cases but my complaint would go on file. About as much use as a chocolate kettle. I have written to their CEO but still the calls continue. I have been waiting over two weeks for Crap One to answer my last letter (recorded of course), but so far nothing.

I am at my wits end now. I could turn the phone off but I have other people who want to contact me. My hubby and I do a lot of charity and volunteer work and we need our phone so that we can be got hold of.

I am now beginning to lose my temper and use the wrong language. So someone please tell me where I go from here to stop these b***** b*******. before I go completely off the wall.

I really need advice. I cannot find a free solicitor but I really need someone to advise me legally where I go from Here. How do I start a case against them.

Anyone PLEASE??

Maggiebroom:( :mad:

Oh dear Maggie, I bet your eyes are going like your frogs:eek:

Possibly pm Laiste, although I know she is very busy, if she is about she may advise, Maybe try Sequenci, tomterm8 and rory32. I think they would be good bets. Maybe post a thread for advise on the general debt thread, I do think a lot of people on the thread get harassment calls.:eek:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi again hell

My stomach is absolutely turning over with anger.

These people are so completely and utterly **** that I wish I could get their home phones and bombard them with phone calls all day and all night.

Thanks so much for your help I shall pm the names you gave me hopefully one of them can tell me what to do next. I am more determined than ever to beat these b*******.

Thats if I don't go insane in the meantime. I can understand completely how people can snap under this sort of pressure and the fact that is illegal makes it all the more disgusting.

However (wipes spit from chin and PC screen :)) many thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on.

Hi again hell

My stomach is absolutely turning over with anger.

These people are so completely and utterly **** that I wish I could get their home phones and bombard them with phone calls all day and all night.

Thanks so much for your help I shall pm the names you gave me hopefully one of them can tell me what to do next. I am more determined than ever to beat these b*******.

Thats if I don't go insane in the meantime. I can understand completely how people can snap under this sort of pressure and the fact that is illegal makes it all the more disgusting.

However (wipes spit from chin and PC screen :)) many thanks for your help. I will let you know how I get on.

Hello Maggie,

Sorry but you have really made me laugh tonight, it was the bit about wiping the spit from you chin and the pc. I really did make me laugh. We do have moments of humour in this tragic and frustrating matter that we find ourselves in. These moments keep us sane:-D

Thank you for that Maggie:grin:

Hello Maggie,

Sorry but you have really made me laugh tonight, it was the bit about wiping the spit from you chin and the pc. I really did make me laugh. We do have moments of humour in this tragic and frustrating matter that we find ourselves in. These moments keep us sane:-D

Thank you for that Maggie:grin:

I have cheered up myself a bit now too. Bashing it all out on the keyboard has allowed me to let off a bit of steam. Every keystroke was one of Crap Ones call centre staffs noses. :)

I have PM'd the people you gave me and hope to have some more news tomorrow.

Does anyone know where to get a bomb and how to put it on Crap Ones doorstep. :) OOPs Perhaps I shouldn't say that in case someone actually does it. I hope their staff can't sleep at night. They are all foreigners though, American Irish, Asian and Caribean. I suppose some has to do it.

Thanks for your support my friend. More news tomorrow.

Hi

I have just had the exact same letter from Crap One. :o :mad:

If there is anything that really annoys me it is being taken for an idiot.

They will get a very strong letter from me now. If they can produce a properly executed CCA then I will come to an arrangement until then they can take a running jump.

Is there a template anywhere? folks

Hi again Folks

I have drafted this letter to Crap One, but I am not sure if I have gone over the top or not so anyones opinion will be very welcome.

I am so mad at these idiots that i am spitting feathers at the moment.

With reference to your letter dates 3rd August 2007

I consider it to be utter nonsense that an account falling behind triggers countless telephone calls from your collections department. I f you have no control over your auto dialing system you should call an IT expert.

My account is in proper legal dispute with your company and whilst in this state you are unable to continue to add charges or interest or to expect payments. There is nothing to discuss on the phone and the sooner your company, if it believes it is in the right, institutes legal proceedings the better for all concerned. The leaflet you sent me with the last letter states; and I quote "We just want to do the right thing so that we get the best result for you". This is a travesty. If you intend to do the right thing by this angry customer then you should

1) Send me a true copy of my agreement as per section 77-79 of the CCA 1974.

2) Cease all telephone calls which are causing great distress and harassment.

3) Until this case is settled, remove all extra charges and interest on this account.

4) Remove all data or defaults passed to any Credit Reference Agencies.

I consider your attitude in this case to be extremely offensive and the amount of harassment calls to me to be obscene. Be assured the proper complaints are being made to the proper authorities.

Yours faithfully

endquote.

What do you all think? I think I have written in anger and perhaps it needs re-writing

However anyones opinion would be very gratefully accepted. Perhaps I shouldn't be encouraging them to take it to court, or should I??

I have now made an official complaint to the FOS and they were very helpful on the phone. As they were the ones who intervened for Alison Turner when she took on Halifax, I am hopeful that they will help me out too.

I would still like an opinion on the above letter |I want to send to Crap One.

Anyone?

I have now made an official complaint to the FOS and they were very helpful on the phone. As they were the ones who intervened for Alison Turner when she took on Halifax, I am hopeful that they will help me out too.

I would still like an opinion on the above letter I want to send to Crap One.

Anyone?

possibly tone it down incase it goes to court. and pop in the following info too:

"As I am sure you are aware Harassment of Debtors is a criminal offence in England and Wales under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Furthermore, continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003. "

In addition every individual has a right to be free from harassment under s1 of the the Protection from Harassment Act 1997."

possibly tone it down incase it goes to court. and pop in the following info too:

"As I am sure you are aware Harassment of Debtors is a criminal offence in England and Wales under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970.

Furthermore, continued telephone calls after the receipt of a request not to call may constitute a criminal offence under section 127 of the Communications Act 2003. "

In addition every individual has a right to be free from harassment under s1 of the the Protection from Harassment Act 1997."

What do you mean sequenci 'tone it down' I already had from my original letter :D

Thanks for the advice though I shall add the comments you gave and reduce the sarcasm, (ever so slightly)

Maggie

Hope you are well ......you do make me chuckle although I know it is not a laughing matter ....it was the spit on your chin post that had me howling. !!!!

Anyway, have you thought about call barring on your home phone - I think BT offer a service - also if its a withheld or anonymous call you can have them stopped altogether - then when they ring they ring they will hear the message "this caller doen not accept withheld numbers" - its definately availabble as my sister-in0law has it.

May be worth persuing.

Maggie

Hope you are well ......you do make me chuckle although I know it is not a laughing matter ....it was the spit on your chin post that had me howling. !!!!

Anyway, have you thought about call barring on your home phone - I think BT offer a service - also if its a withheld or anonymous call you can have them stopped altogether - then when they ring they ring they will hear the message "this caller doen not accept withheld numbers" - its definately availabble as my sister-in0law has it.

May be worth persuing.

HI Puddinpie.

We have a thingy on our phone that does not accept withheld numbers, but Crap One do not withhold their number so that doesn't work.

I should change my number but we do a lot of charity and volunteer work and our number being changed would be so inconvenient.

Anyway why should I change my number because of a******* such as Crap One. I will find it more satisfying to stop them via the authorities and hopefully get them fined as well.

However steps are in place today to stop them once and for all. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

An update will follow asap.

maggiebroom :D

Update

Still getting calls from Crap One. 6 yesterday and 5 so far today.

Do they not realise that Ellie Renshaw has admitted in writing that they are making all these calls, as her letter said the only way for the calls to stop was for me to come to an arrangement with them?

That is blackmail to my mind and admission that harassment is taking place.

I hope the FOS see it that way too.

This is the script that takes place with every call now.

Hello

Can I speak to maggiebroom please

Who's calling?

Capital One Bank

Hang up

And thats it. You would think they would realise by now that all they are doing is making the phone bill bigger. (Not that that worries them at all) Oh well, the more calls the bigger the case against them. Over 80 calls now since 27th July.

Another call as I type this. :-D Bring it on Crap One.

maggiebroom :-D