Capone (cap one)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5854 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at a loss as to where to go with this case now.

Crap 1 have written a final response. Not from Ellie Renshaw I hasten to add. it has now been passed to Christine Castle from the Executive Office. Perhaps poor Ellie is no longer able to cope with her own conscience.

Christine Castle states that she is very sorry that we are unhappy with the way they have handled our case especially the telephone calls but she still maintains that Crap 1 were/are justified. The calls are now up to 9 a day STILL.:o Mostly from Debitas (Crap 1's inhouse legal department. Will they never learn.

Now they are dealing with the FOS they will work with them to come to a satisfactory conclusion.

This could go on for months now as we all know how exceedingly fast the FOS works.

What annoys me is that they will still be able to add charges and interest which by the time the FOS gets round to it, will double the account.

Surely if the FOS are involved it is a clear legal dispute and they should not add at all.

However we all know how these upright financial institutions regard and uphold the law dont we? :cool:

So now I have to wait for the FOS to reach a conclusion to see how things are resolved and I cannot start any legal proceedings till this is settled with the FOS one way or another.

Lets wait and see what happens.

maggiebroom :)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Maggie,

Hope you are well.

They should not apply interest and charges to the account. but when have they followed any of the rules.

Have you had a look at this link

OFT Guidelines on Debt collection

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi hell

I have read that particular document from the OFT. What a waste of paper. None of the DCA's or companies on this site ever take notice of that.

However it is useful when writing letters back to quote this sort of thing at them.

It only seems to help when you are passing over all the info to the FOS. and even then they don't seem to do anything about it.

Oh Well !! what a world eh!!

Press on regardless. They should have made a carry on film about this lot. :D

ps. still no activation. I am beginning to think I smell or something.:D

Another Update

Got a letter from the FOS yesterday.

"The large volume of cases we are dealing with at present has meant that we have not yet been able to allocate your complaint to one of our adjudicators so that it can be assessed. However, we will do this as soon as possible and we will contact you again within the next four weeks to keep you updated on the progress of your complaint."

end quote

What concerns me is that Crap 1 are still phoning at least up to nine times a day. So how can I stop that while the FOS does their investigation.

Anyone any ideas as to how or who I can get in touch with to stop the calls. My hubby is loathe to change our number as we have many other people who need to contact us, ( because of our voluntary work it would extremely inconvenient) but I think he will have to give in in the end, as we can not be on permanent answer phone for 6 months or so while the FOS get their fingers out.

Perhaps a letter to the TS pleading for their intervention would be more useful

Have you thought about a solicitors letter? I know that would cost a small amount but if crap1 had correspondence from a legal body about 'their client maggiebrooms continued harassment' maybe if would have a greater effect. You wouldn't have to take it any further after that but if the solicitor could write a good letter citing the Halifax harassment case and stating that if the calls don't stop then a very public prosecution for distress, harassment and intimidation will be proceeded with immediately!

Did you try the nation debt line people at all btw?

D :)

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

I have thought about a solicitors letter, but when i went to see a couple of local men they refused to deal with anything less than £5000, regardless that the matter was concerning harassment and not money.

CAB have not been much help either, but I have decided to contact TS again. After Crap 1's blatant lies about removing our number from their call centre I am hoping that they may write and say that until the FOS deal with the case they should back off. We are still recording between 8 and 10 calls a day.

It may do some good, we'll just have to wait and see.

hey, TS really are the pits aren't they. But stick at it though. Perhaps they will get fed up with you and decide to start fighting in your corner just to get rid of you!

I'm sure there must be a solicitor out there that has some backbone but finding one, that's the problem.

The solicitor that dealt with the Halifax case is called Neil Mercer and he is also dealing with another similar case i notice. I wonder weather if you contacted him he may be interested?

Halifax bombarded cancer patient with 762 calls over debt | 24dash.com - Bill Payments

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

link removed

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey

I have written a letter to Curtis Solicitors and told them what is happening with Crap 1. I am wondering if they will work on a no win no fee basis. I have said that if they won't deal with it perhaps they could put me on to someone in my area who will.

I wish my uncle was still alive. he was a damn good solcitor, and used to deal with all the family business. He was married to my mums sister and there were 10 brothers and sisters so he did very well from our family.

I have also written to TS stating that if they don't do something I shall take the matter as high as I can and may even go to the media. I have heard nothing from the police.

That story about the Halifax is horrendous especially as the poor man is suffering with terminal cancer. If the Halifax didn't learn their lesson back in May with Alison Turner, perhaps they will learn it now. In a way that is worse than Crap 1's approach. The mans daughter must be devastated.

Will update again when I have news.

News News News

I have today spoken to Neil Mercer and he has taken our case, and we are going all out against Crap 1. He is even coming to London in the New Year to meet us. He was over the moon to have another harassment case. (He is the one who represented Alison Turner against Halifax)

I was surprised as I thought he would pass us on to someone in our neck of the woods. But no, even from Plymouth he is prepared to fight our corner.

This has really made me feel that at last someone will do something to stop these bullying tactics from Crap 1. Hopefully for other people as well.

Another update when there is more news.

A lot happier maggiebroom :D

Oh Maggiebroom! I'm so pleased for you! That's great news! I almost wished i was being harassed again now too! :)

A good way to go into Christmas knowing you have a pro on your side though! Well done!

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Whoopy do Maggie,

You are going to be famous, I feel it in my water, can't wait to see you on the telly.

No jokng apart, I am so happy for you. It made me jump up and down on my chair. They have p***ed of the wrong person, ha ha, crap one look out:D They will get their just deserts now.

Best be very careful what you post on this thread now;)

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Folks

Heres a funny thing.

Today we spoke to Debitas and told them (as per instructions) that we had a solicitor.

His name was mentioned. This was about 12.30 today. The solicitor was very confident that we would win and very eager to get going on this.

NOT ONE CALL SINCE THEN!!!!!! :p

Perhaps at last they have got the message. Even if the calls stop we intend to take it all the way for the harassment up to now.

So another update when there is more news. Its like a huge weight off my shoulders.

More soon

maggiebroom :p

Brilliant! Just shows the power of that word 'solicitor' doesn't it. Good to hear things are better for you MB and long may it continue that way! :)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

I spoke too soon.

The calls are increasing again. However now I say what I have been told to and they soon get put in their place.

I had one today, and I could hear the girl in the background say to someone else.

"She's got a script"

I told her I would not pay anything till I got a proper CCA

maggiebroom:)

Another call today,

A bloke from Crap 1 demanding that I pay the whole amount by debit or credit card, (isn't that against the OFT rules. I should have given him my Crap 1 card details). When I said I would pay if Crap 1 could produce a properly executed CCA he asked what a CCA was :o

Unbelievable, but it actually astounded me. He said I should pay immediately, as it was a defaulted account. I politely told him where to stick his default and said that actually Crap 1 had defaulted by not producing a properly executed agreement within the time limit stipulated by the CCA 1974. he hadn't got a clue what I was talking about. Don't these people talk to each other and get their facts right before they harass people. :o

I hung up in the end before I laughed out loud and lost my edge over him. All is being logged for the solicitor. In agonising detail.

Another call today,

A bloke from Crap 1 demanding that I pay the whole amount by debit or credit card, (isn't that against the OFT rules. I should have given him my Crap 1 card details). When I said I would pay if Crap 1 could produce a properly executed CCA he asked what a CCA was :o

Unbelievable, but it actually astounded me. He said I should pay immediately, as it was a defaulted account. I politely told him where to stick his default and said that actually Crap 1 had defaulted by not producing a properly executed agreement within the time limit stipulated by the CCA 1974. he hadn't got a clue what I was talking about. Don't these people talk to each other and get their facts right before they harass people. :o

I hung up in the end before I laughed out loud and lost my edge over him. All is being logged for the solicitor. In agonising detail.

Hello Maggie.

I do hope you are enjoying this harassment, all the better for you my dear. Have you any way of recording these calls, that would be good:D for evidence:p

oh yes, HHNF.. i would love to hear the recordings and listen to them squirm and fumble about! :D

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

All has been quiet for a while. Even the calls have stopped for the last three days.

Do you think they have finally got the message?

Lets hope it stays that way till the New Year. I want a quiet Christmas.