Hi All .. I am Just starting a new claim so every little helps !!!!!!

loz1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o I have sent a request for charges for the last six years and received a letter

Short version :- Enclosed was a fourteen month print out and the info i requested would follow by way of copy statements. But if my account was opened before Jan 2004 that info would follow asap. This morning i received 2006-2007 copy statements and so i rang the no. given on the letter and was told it could take 6-8 wks to get the rest but it could be longer as they are a bit busy at the moment.......

So having read FAQ i have decided to send a forty day reminder out to them by way of recorded delivery...... Am i doing the right thing????

Upon reading some threads i take it as this is quite a common thing for them to do ? :grin: :grin:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Send the reminder.

They have forty days to comply with a SAR.

Although they are absolutely snowed under with SARs requests, the onus is on them to make every effort to comply.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

All sounds very familiar.

I took ages waiting and occasionally ringing up to chase my statements. According to many threads on this site, it is not necessary to wait so long and they can be encouraged to send them sooner.

I'm sorry, I do not have links to the threads, but there are recent cases where Abbey are sending out "summarised spreadsheets" that just list the charges (excluding any that have been waived). This is helpful in some ways, but seems to be a little too unreliable for some people who have suggested that the Court stages would be better catered for by a full printout of statements.

Thanks for the help, i have sent the reminder today so hopefully i should hear from them soon...... i will keep updates going as it might help someone and i'll proberly need some

more advice my self along the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello :p

A quick update and ask for help, i have just printed of my 7 day letter for compliance as 40 days is over.... and also sent complaint to OFT

What do i do now??????? :-x

• 2 weeks later...

HI CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME DO I CLAIM THE INTEREST DEBITED ON MONTHS I WAS CHARGED ?????

AS I AM DOING THE SPREAD SHEET AND BEEN DEBITED MORE ON MONTHS WITH CHARGES AND ONLY A FEW PENCE ON MONTHS WITHOUT.

if this isyour prelim letter that you are sending, you do not claim the 8% on that one, only when you file in court.

You cannot claim all of the interest that you were charged each month, only the interest on the charges. There is a spread sheet that vampiress has produceed on this link that will show you how to work it out:-

VAMPIRESS'S CHAMBER

HELP i think I've made a mistake i sent my 1st letter with request of payment and i put my schedule of charges in and asked for the amount without the 8% interest but i sent in the schedule with the 8% interest on it as well. Do you think this will affect my claim?????

Send the letter again, guaranteed delivery, and put in the right spreadsheet. Simply include in the letter that you accidently printed the wrong page of the spreadsheet so you're sending the correct one, but don't delay your timings. It's the charges which are the main issue at this point in time.

Hi can anyone help i received a reply from abbey today to my 1St request for payment. I'm abit confused, it was not what i was expecting.

The short version is thanks for my complaint they'll look into it and get back to me in approx 4 wks & enclosed is a how to complain leaflet.

AY what complaint i requested £2.193 and sent the standard request for payment.

Also it came from a completely different person and address i sent my previous letters too.

What do i do now????? HELP :confused:

Don'y worry, this is a standard reply that Abbey send out, just stick to your timetable and send the LBA including your schedule of charges.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

don't include the 8% interest yet, you have to wait until you file in cort for that.

Thanks for the advise i have calmed my self down a bit now. :oops:

Can you please tell me which address to send the next letter to my first reply was from Bradford but this latest letter was from Milton Keynes so i'm abit confused as to where to send the next one.

HI Loz

You can please yourself which addres you send your next letter to! If you're replying to one of their letters send it to the person you're replying to at the address they sent it from, or just send your LBAto the main Abbey address (Triton House) they'll pass it on to the department that they think it needs to go to but by then you'll probably be filing your N1 or MCOL! :)

Good Luck!