Mega Urgent! Offer made-what refund methods??

fabianne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6254 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

After waiting for ages-I have a Court date set for 24th April

The Order states:

"the papers to this claim were considered by District Judge **** who allocated the Claim to the Small Claims Track to be heard"

It goes on about the papers to be filed to other party and submitted to Court 14 days before.

Is this a normal letter?

Any help so I can prepare will be a great help.

I am scared now!!

Fabi :-) xx

its okay, youre nearly there fab, just get your bundles to the court and Barclays and then about 2 weeks before the hearing give Barclays a call asking if they want to settle.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Please don't be scared this site will offer lots of help

if you have not got your court bundle ready then go to the template libary and download the bundle info from bookworks thread there

look through it and print it all up in triplicate ,

take your time read it all and make sure you understand it. if not don't worry there is no such ting as a dumb question and all helpis availible on this site

once you have your bundle wait till it is asked for then submit it to judge or court

then when its 2 weeks or closer barclays will more than likely contact you and try and settle

you have done the hard part now its just a waiting game

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07

Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D

MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

Check out

Welshman's vs Barclays

(think its post 186)... when he got a court date; he initiated contact with them to settle...... and they did!!!!!!!

(I know its worked for some "monument" credit card cases too: owned by Barclays)

Have a good read, and good luck

Innocent :D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

I have wait till 25th but i phoned them on 5th but they told me that they were too busy with what they had already ( suggest they have lots and lots of cases going to trail very soon) and told that they will get in touch closer the date.

so I suggest you do it soon and then when 3 weeks to go then 2 weeks then wait till 1 week and they should pay up pretty quick if you have to wait that long

and if you are still scared can i suggest you look up for a buddy on the home page of this site who will support you all the way

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07

Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D

MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I had a Termination notice from Barclays about my Business Account(have a Court Date for reclaiming charges now),Personal Account and Business loan and that unless the full amount was paid in full,interest would be applied etc.I replied accordingly-and told the Business one that it was currently in dispute.

Now,I have had another letter for my Personal account and Business Account saying that more charges have been applied.

All dd's have been cancelled by me-and the ones they claim have been tried to be taken out as a dd by a company-no record at all of them anymore with these people(swapped all to new bank account ages ago)

I was of the understanding that effectively the accounts were now closed when I got Termination notice-so how can I still be getting charges on them??

PLUS- when it goes to Court and get refunded-will I be able to request a cheque so it is not just put back into my Barclays accounts?I have several business related debts and would prefer to pay off some, on an equal basis.As I feel Barclays put me in this situation-will they get the upper hand and get the lion's share after all this work to reclaim them?? I have to tread carefully as I have to treat all creditors equally and it may look like I am favouring them? But not through choice I might add...

Any ideas what to do please??

Thanks-

Guest Mumofthreeboys

They cannot pay the cheque into a closed account, but they are entitled to their money back.

In the first instance, I would add all the new charges on to the claim when the times comes to file. Then wait for settlement and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any luck with contacting them before a Court date? Or have they contacted you and settled at the last minute

Any info welcomed here or links to helpful threads would be appreciated-got Court on 24th and am getting nervous!

Thanks!

I'm thinking...is it right we should be the ones to call, we are taking them to court therefore it's up to the defendant to try and remedy the situation. You calling them and paying out for it should be thier responsibility - let the banks sweat, they will sure come running the closer you get to the court date :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

The cost is only pennies, and if you leave the ball in their court it tends to take a long time coming back!

Worth a call, I'd say. It might get you your money a few weeks earlier, and that's never a bad thing, is it?

(you could always try 0800 R-E-V-E-R-S-E :D )

Ok thanks very much guys-will give it a try and call tomorrow-got the number off Welshman's thread.

Can I ask-do you quote the amount of interest as calculated on the Spreadsheet as submitted to the Court?

Or do you have to calculate it to the date you call?

Am confooosed!

:-)

Thanksa

Total amount to date of settlement including all interest and court costs

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Sorry about this..and to sound thick..

.. the charges submitted to Court were from Sept 04 to Sept 06 including interest as per details on MCOL

So now do I calculate the new amount right up to tomorrow's date inc interest and costs before I call?

As there have been more charges you see since Sept 06-If so what is the easiest way to calculate these to make them up to date-apply them to the calculating spreadsheet I used before from Vampiress?