Please Post How Far Back You Have Managed To Obtain Statements

Guest bong
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having trouble with Lloyds - just been speaking to some guy in customer services who is assuring me that they only hold data going back six years! I don't believe him!

He has said he would call my branch to get them to call me and possibly put that in writing, but no call so far.

I can't get through to the copy statement unit

Any advice appreciated

Hi Drjazzz, Yeah I have got statements back to feb 97 and I have sent a LBA for the rest as I know they have access to them...

Lloyds are slippery people as they've closed my account without telling me and keep sending me statements each day but only to 97, I think its to confused me abit...

I am in control of this and have sent a letter to FSA, CIS, Lloyds TSB Head Office, statements Dept and my local branch.... They have cleared the overdraft I had with them on the 23rd April 07 to which I was unaware of, Then they phoned me on the 27th April to offer me a GOGW £1000 and clear my O/D.

I only found this out when they sent me my up to date statements...

Crafty buggers here... Now I cannot get through to them so I've wrote to the above folks to remind them I am about and damn serious about getting what is owed to me... keep at them and they will send what you asked for...

Go to my thread if you want more advice or share info...

MJP

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

skeggs885,

thanks for that Info about Nationwide, apparently there was a article in the Sunday Times on the 3rd May in the Money Section about shyster laywers jumping on the band wagon and the Times has an open offer to help those wanting their money back - I was going to send them a email asking them to get a official declaration on how far back Nationwide can go back [i might just do that just to see what crawls out of the woodwork anyway!].

Regards vbmenu_register("postmenu_811858", true);

I managed to obtain all statements from Halifax back to 1990.

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

just a thought here peeps.

what if you were to put a claim in for pre 6 years and listed incorrect items on the list of charges, if they then tried to tell you your list was incorrect, that would be proof that they have the records going back further than the 6 years they mostly seem to officially state they dont have :D

Not that i am condoning listing incorrect items just to prove the point of course ;)

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

skeggs885,

thanks for that Info about Nationwide, apparently there was a article in the Sunday Times on the 3rd May in the Money Section about shyster laywers jumping on the band wagon and the Times has an open offer to help those wanting their money back - I was going to send them a email asking them to get a official declaration on how far back Nationwide can go back [i might just do that just to see what crawls out of the woodwork anyway!].

Regards vbmenu_register("postmenu_811858", true);

excellent idear, once someone gets pre 6 years thats it. Im stuck until I can get my statements 6 yrs let alone pre. see my updates on my thread. keep us updated re times e mail.skeggsy x

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

just a thought here peeps.

what if you were to put a claim in for pre 6 years and listed incorrect items on the list of charges, if they then tried to tell you your list was incorrect, that would be proof that they have the records going back further than the 6 years they mostly seem to officially state they dont have :D

Not that i am condoning listing incorrect items just to prove the point of course ;)

CM

I have considered this option but you would have to complete a completely false set of charges and Im not sure how this would go down if went to court, could be seen as wasting time, just waiting for someone else to crack the nut b4 me then can follow suite. I have complained to financial ombudsman, and commisioners office now.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

thanks for the responses guys.

I tried calling customer services for Lloyds, got the same stonewall. Then I had the thought of just pretending I wanted copy statements for when I opened my account without mentioning charges. Different attitude! I was told they would only do six years over the phone but if I went in to my branch and requested it that way, there's no problem although there may be a bit of wait.

So today I went in to my local branch and said I wanted copy statements.

"Is it in relation to the charges?" the girl asks.

"yep" I say.

"then it just goes back six years"

"why does it matter if it's in relation to charges or not?"

"well it goes to a different department"

"ok, well let's say I just want copies of statements for my own records, from when I opened my account"

she appreciated the logic of my request.

"okay. It will take 8-10 weeks as there's been such an influx of people requesting copy statements"

:D

I have just got statements going back to 1997 and claim is now in progress!!

Hi DS,

which bank is this for?

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Unfortunately data protections promise of the statements was just lip service, had to report them yesterday to information commissioner and dont know what will happen now.All out of threats at the moment obviously they cant be forced to give pre 6 years either until someone sets a precedence and manages to get hold of them. (nationwide) Im going to try going into branch to see if I can do it that way but dont hold out much hope. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Mornings all,

Just about to re-submit SAR request - made mistake in not asking pre-6 years on the old one [plus a little something else via another direction, I will post here once sent and have a response from the interested party].

I wish to know if there is any wording that could be used to compel the Information Officer to sign and verify that unable to get ANY form of account information pre-6 years, and just to ante-up the stakes get his boss to counter sign that they are giving a true and fair account, I want to laeve them with no wriggle room for later when they have to backtrack.

No rush, not putting in request till this Friday.

Any ideas?

Regards

Hi all

Just had statements back to 1996 from HALIFAX credit card. They state in their letter: "The original request was for statements since the account opened in 1990 however, our records begin in 1996 and I have sent you all the statements we have on file."

I actually asked for statements going back to March 2001 which is six years back from when I sent my S.A.R so I'm wondering if this is the standard letter and should I send another S.A.R asking for statements going back to when my account opened in 1990? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As a result of my request for copy statements (not stating data protection act), I'm pleased to say that Lloyds supplied copy statements all the way back to my date of account opening - February 1999.

The statements from NatWest covered the period 1994-1999 start at No 389 ! So have now asked them for statements 1 to 389 covering 1992-1994 ! I believe the bulk of my charges are in these missing statements. I wonder why NatWest failed to send them ? Do they know somthing i don't ?

NATIONWIDE. With a fight taking over 2 months and a report to the financial ombudsman I got back to 1991

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON